Creighton 2009 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview scheduled for April 17th for the campus pathway. I've been accepted to another VERY expensive pharmacy program and am still waiting on results from my state college interview. Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted from the last interview or how much of the class is filled?

I like Grants Pass, but that is neither here nor there. I am assuming you are waiting for Oregon State (seems pretty late in the game for them).

To answer your question...a decent amount of our class is filled (although I don't know, I can just tell from what my classmates tell me from last year.)

I know of at least 4 or 5 of my classmates who were April interviewers last year...I'd say your chances are decent. In addition, there's always a lot of people that end up going to other schools, opening up more spots. So take it for what it is I guess. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

After you interview, it's 50-50.

Hey all,

Just wanted to let any hopeful waitlisters know that theres gonna be a spot open (I have to decline mine AFTER paying the deposit)

So I hope someone gets really good news soon!!

UCSF Pharmacy c/o 2013

Members don't see this ad :)
for everyone who interviewed on the 6th and received a call on the 13th, did anyone actually receive anything in the mail yet?

Yes, I just got the actual letter in the mail yesterday.

Where do you live? and do they send a packet or just a letter? I was about to call in tomorrow and ask.

I thought you were already accepted on 3/13 (according to your tag line)??

I thought you were already accepted on 3/13 (according to your tag line)??

They called and let me know of my admission the friday after the interview. I was wondering about when they will send out the letter, but I got the acceptance letter today with the info on what to do next. :)

I would still apply if I were you. On my second PCAT I didn't do so well on the chem. My verbal and RC were awesome, math and Bio so/so. My first PCAT I got a good Chem score, but my comp was lower than my second PCAT.
I asked Creighton if they look at both scores or just the PCAT with the higher comp. I was told that they would actually look at both and take the best scores from each test. Creighton looks at all the scores not just the composite.
You really never know, the PCAT is not everything.

Hi, I from AZ as well. My interview is on March 27th. Since you already got accepted into Creighton. Could you please share with me your thought of the interview process? I didnt have great pcat score but competitive gpa, extra curr., recommendations ect. to get me an interview. However, since it's so late in the process...should i be worry that they will reconsider my pcat score before giving a spot? I'm very nervous about the interview since I've never been to Nebraska and don't know anyone there. What should I expect in order to do well on my interview? Thank you!!!

Hi, I from AZ as well. My interview is on March 27th. Since you already got accepted into Creighton. Could you please share with me your thought of the interview process? I didnt have great pcat score but competitive gpa, extra curr., recommendations ect. to get me an interview. However, since it's so late in the process...should i be worry that they will reconsider my pcat score before giving a spot? I'm very nervous about the interview since I've never been to Nebraska and don't know anyone there. What should I expect in order to do well on my interview? Thank you!!!

When we were there for the 3/6 interview, they said that the class was 1/2 full. The interview is closed file, so the interviewers will have no idea who you are, what your stats are except for your name and the school you are currently attending.

They really just want to get to know you. Everyone at the interview will be on the same playing field because they don't know what your stats are. Just check out the interview feedback on the forum to prepare yourself for the interview. The admission committee are extremely friendly and they will try their best to make you feel as comfortable as you can.

Honestly, I really enjoyed talking to the interviewers. They didn't grill you for an answer but rather just to get to know you better. If you have what it takes for an interview, you are on equal term as everyone else who got the interview. Just need to show them why Pharmacy is the field for you. Relax, and you will be great!!! G'luck:D

Last edited:
When we were there for the 3/6 interview, they said that the class was 1/2 full. The interview is closed file, so the interviewers will have no idea who you are, what your stats are except for your name and the school you are currently attending.

They really just want to get to know you. Everyone at the interview will be on the same playing field because they don't know what your stats are. Just check out the interview feedback on the forum to prepare yourself for the interview. The admission committee are extremely friendly and they will try their best to make you feel as comfortable as you can.

Honestly, I really enjoyed talking to the interviewers. They didn't grill you for an answer but rather just to get to know you better. If you have what it takes for an interview, you are on equal term as everyone else who got the interview. Just need to show them why Pharmacy is the field for you. Relax, and you will be great!!! G'luck:D

I couldn't have said it better myself! Everyone at Creighton was great and I was really impressed by the school! I know its easier said than done, but just go in and be yourself. The interviewers are people just like anyone else and they really just want to get to know a little bit about you. Don't get too wrapped up in trying to say the "right thing." Good luck!

Glad to hear you finally got your letter in the mail! I was a little worried when I didn't see mine until Saturday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing on April 17th (real late) lol. Anyone else going to be there?

I was on the alternate list for the distance program last year and they originally told me that there usually is not much movement on the distance pathway list; HOWEVER, 3 of us got a spot off the list....don't give up hope.

I got my call at the beginning of June. One thing I did was to call and update my file when anything changed....for instance I wasn't currently working in a pharmacy when I applied but I started later and I sent them an email stating that I had started working as a pharmacy clerk. I don't know if it helped or not, but I think it showed persistence. I also called and made an appointment to discuss my file and asked for suggestions on how to improve it for the next year.

FYI....I was actually offered a campus spot that I had to turn down and then a week later they called back and offered me the distance spot. Just something to think about if you are applying to the distance program but would consider campus.

Don't know if this helped or not but keep your head up....it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility at this point.

So I got a letter from Creighton today. I'm on the alternate list. Does anyone know more information regarding their alternate list? How many people are on it, how many on average get pulled from it?? Any info would be appreciated.

mommy2boys...Thank you so much for posting a reply! I just found out I am in the alternate pool, too, and couldn't find much about any chance of actually making it. I'm glad you did! How is the distance program working out for you?

Hello, I am new to this site and had to add a post after finding this thread. I interviewed at Creighton on March 6th and found out last week I am also in the alternate pool. :( I was shocked since I thought the interview went really well. :confused: I think my mediocre PCAT math score might have something to do with it. Anyway, just know that if you are also in the alternate pool like me, it's not over yet. As mommy2boys' story shows, there is still a chance of being admitted.

Congrats to all that were already accepted!:)

I also called and made an appointment to discuss my file and asked for suggestions on how to improve it for the next year.

Did you make an appointment to talk in person or over the phone? I am in the same position as you were last year and am debating whether it would be worth my while to drive out to Omaha for the appointment or if it would be best to just talk over the phone (I am in Minneapolis, MN). Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I was wondering if my PCAT stats are good enough for the Creighton Distance Program:

PCAT Composite: 77
QA--41
Verval--78
Chemistry--73
Biology--81
Reading--85

Is this competitive? I think I might have already started a thread on this a few days ago, but I can't remember...Just curious! I'm SOOO freaking out about applying for Fall 2010...I heard that they will start reviewing applications in October 2009 for Fall 2010...

I was wondering if my PCAT stats are good enough for the Creighton Distance Program:

QA--41
Verval--78
Chemistry--73
Biology--81
Reading--85

Is this competitive? I think I might have already started a thread on this a few days ago, but I can't remember...Just curious! I'm SOOO freaking out about applying for Fall 2010...I heard that they will start reviewing applications in October 2009 for Fall 2010...

When I was there, they said the average acceptance PCAT scores for the Campus program is 84% composite, and the average score for the distance program is 89% composite. Then again, these are just the average,it doesn't tell you very much in my opinion. Other factors you should consider is your GPA, and extracurricular activities and pharmacy experiences. If you have a competitive GPA, it will make up for the PCAT scores.

Did you apply already or will you be applying for 2010?

QA--41
Verval--78
Chemistry--73
Biology--81
Reading--85

I don't know if this will help you any, but I got into the campus pathway with a similar PCAT score. Switch your reading and QA score and your results are pretty much the same as mine.

I told my pharmacist the other day that I got an interview invite to creihton and he couldn't stop talking about how awesome this school is and how great the interns from this school are. But I already got into UB and it is a cheaper school and has also been around for 100 years. I dont think I should even bother with the interview.

I will be applying for Fall 2010...Thanks!

When I was there, they said the average acceptance PCAT scores for the Campus program is 84% composite, and the average score for the distance program is 89% composite. Then again, these are just the average,it doesn't tell you very much in my opinion. Other factors you should consider is your GPA, and extracurricular activities and pharmacy experiences. If you have a competitive GPA, it will make up for the PCAT scores.

Did you apply already or will you be applying for 2010?

I am in Alternate pool too . I received a letter on 13th of March stating that I am in Alternate Pool and may still be extended an interview offer in the future which I have not received yet. My overall GPA is 3.97 and Math/Science GPA is 4.0.

Last edited:
I am in Alternate pool too . I received a letter on 13th of March stating that I am in Alternate Pool and may still be extended an interview offer in the future which I have not received yet. My overall GPA is 3.97 and Math/Science GPA is 4.0 but my PCAT composite is only 62.

i dont think its mainly on yuor pcat scores because mine was only a 70 something. but i think if you guys on the alternative list keep sending them updated information like new letters of rec along with anything else you want them to know to show that you are still wanting to go to creighton then it will give you a better chance of getting accepted. good luck :)

Hello, again, all! When I posted what I posted before, I considered it simple coincidence and good timing to have the info that I shared, but the friend I spoke of saw my post and considered it a breach of confidence which was truly unintended. So I'm removing it and "publicly" apologizing.

Sorry for any confusion.

Congratulations and good luck once again to everyone involved!

Last edited:
When I was there, they said the average acceptance PCAT scores for the Campus program is 84% composite, and the average score for the distance program is 89% composite.

During our welcome week they told us that class of 2011 had an 89, and the class of 2012 had a 92 average (distance numbers--the campus numbers jived with what you said). They gave us a lot of other stats as well...how many applied, average GPA, how many were interviewed, and how many were accepted. I no longer remember the exact numbers but it was something like 600 applied (this is distance only), 80 were interviewed, 70 were accepted and 55 were admitted (this is the normal class size, always 55, though we got 56 due to a 2011 student taking personal leave and joining us during P1, semester 2). I'm assuming the ~15 difference in accepted and admitted are those that were accepted at prefered schools and didn't end up attending. I'm not really sure how that works out with the alternates (were they in that 15? Don't know...).

If my memory serves correct I believe they said that they would accept either 60 or 65 to the distance pathway for the graduating class of 2013.

I was accepted to Creighton's campus pathway, and I've turned down the acceptance. So for those who are on the alternate list, there's a seat open!

University of Wisconsin-Madison
School of Pharmacy
Class of 2013:D

If my memory serves correct I believe they said that they would accept either 60 or 65 to the distance pathway for the graduating class of 2013.

Class of 2013 distance is being upped to 70 and campus upped to 130.

I don't know if that is possible. PM me. We don't have enough seats in the classrooms that we use to put 20 more people in there.

Drats--that average for the Distance program SURE is high...I'm definitely on the low end with my 77 PCAT composite...I know it's an average, but still...
:scared:
During our welcome week they told us that class of 2011 had an 89, and the class of 2012 had a 92 average (distance numbers--the campus numbers jived with what you said). They gave us a lot of other stats as well...how many applied, average GPA, how many were interviewed, and how many were accepted. I no longer remember the exact numbers but it was something like 600 applied (this is distance only), 80 were interviewed, 70 were accepted and 55 were admitted (this is the normal class size, always 55, though we got 56 due to a 2011 student taking personal leave and joining us during P1, semester 2). I'm assuming the ~15 difference in accepted and admitted are those that were accepted at prefered schools and didn't end up attending. I'm not really sure how that works out with the alternates (were they in that 15? Don't know...).

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who got accepted to Creighton and good luck to those who are still waiting! Short story: I was part of the last interview group (April, I think) at Creighton and got accepted a week later. Now I'm 1/2 way through my last rotation and will be graduating in May. Never thought I would get to this point and I'm really excited to be done. Now I just gotta find me a job :)

anyone if acceptances are sent out via snail mail or email? just so i can check and stuff!

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who got accepted to Creighton and good luck to those who are still waiting! Short story: I was part of the last interview group (April, I think) at Creighton and got accepted a week later. Now I'm 1/2 way through my last rotation and will be graduating in May. Never thought I would get to this point and I'm really excited to be done. Now I just gotta find me a job :)

Congratulation for making it this far!
Keep us in the loop on your job search.

Hi!
did you go for an interview or you only received a letter?

I received the letter without an interview, why? So why would they pull someone from the "alternate pool" who hasn't yet interviewed when they could pull someone from the pool who has interviewed?

Woa, 130 seems too high since the last time they told us. I know they added some seats, but i'm not too sure about 130.

I'm 100% positive it's 70 and 130. I was told that, as well, NEST (our registration system) shows 70 and 130 for this fall's classes.

I received the letter without an interview, why? So why would they pull someone from the "alternate pool" who hasn't yet interviewed when they could pull someone from the pool who has interviewed?

Those getting acceptance must interview. It's a requirement at all pharmacy colleges in the US.

Those getting acceptance must interview. It's a requirement at all pharmacy colleges in the US.

I knew that...I think the way I worded that was confusing. I guess what I'm asking is, wouldn't those who already had interviews and were placed in the alternate pool be more likely to be accepted than someone who was placed in the alternate pool without an interview (rather than going through the hassle of more interviews)?

mommy2boys...Thank you so much for posting a reply! I just found out I am in the alternate pool, too, and couldn't find much about any chance of actually making it. I'm glad you did! How is the distance program working out for you?

Hi Coastygirl!

did you go for an interview before you were placed in alternate pool. Thanks.

I'm 100% positive it's 70 and 130. I was told that, as well, NEST (our registration system) shows 70 and 130 for this fall's classes.

You are 100% wrong. Go ask Dean CB.

For those of you interviewing and considering Creighton, best of luck. Moving to Omaha to attend Creighton was the best decision I ever made.

Hi Coastygirl!

did you go for an interview before you were placed in alternate pool. Thanks.

No...My letter seems to say that they will interview as late as they have to if they pull someone out of the alternate pool. I'm just thinking my chances are so low, since there are some in the alternate pool who have already had interviews, but I'm still hoping!!!!:xf:

You are 100% wrong. Go ask Dean CB.

For those of you interviewing and considering Creighton, best of luck. Moving to Omaha to attend Creighton was the best decision I ever made.

That's a bit bold - though I haven't heard anything about the class sizes getting larger personally. Pharmcas still says about 130 and 70 accepted with class sizes of 110 and 55 expected to attend. However, DrugDoc is right that NEST shows enrollment in 1st year courses at 130 for campus and 70 for distance - perhaps they just "hold" that many spots since the classes aren't officially full yet and it will eventually end up at 110 and 55?

Anyhow, since no one really knows how full the classes are right now, good luck to all who are still waiting!

For those of you who received acceptance calls a week after your interview, did they call in the morning or afternoon? I was just curious when I should be hoping for a call, as I interviewed last Friday! Getting nervous :)
Thanks!

That's a bit bold - though I haven't heard anything about the class sizes getting larger personally. Pharmcas still says about 130 and 70 accepted with class sizes of 110 and 55 expected to attend. However, DrugDoc is right that NEST shows enrollment in 1st year courses at 130 for campus and 70 for distance - perhaps they just "hold" that many spots since the classes aren't officially full yet and it will eventually end up at 110 and 55?

Anyhow, since no one really knows how full the classes are right now, good luck to all who are still waiting!

Bold maybe, but accurate. Unless you are going to have students sitting on each other's laps you can't have 130. CU probably accepts 200 to fill the 110 slots just as every university does.

Reactions: 1 user