Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SigningDoc22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I don't see a thread started yet for Creighton University's Pharm.D Class of 2022 so I thought I would go ahead and start one. Just wondering where everyone is in the process and hoping to gain some helpful tips.

My main question is what is the interview/acceptance rate? Does having an interview basically mean you're accepted or could you be denied? Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I don't see a thread started yet for Creighton University's Pharm.D Class of 2022 so I thought I would go ahead and start one. Just wondering where everyone is in the process and hoping to gain some helpful tips.

My main question is what is the interview/acceptance rate? Does having an interview basically mean you're accepted or could you be denied? Does anyone know?
Thanks for starting a thread! I have an interview scheduled on Nov. 7th for the Distance Pathway. I’m not sure how their interviews work or how long it takes for an acceptance/denial notice. I’ve heard that interviews are a good indication that you are accepted... Anyone else have feed back?

Hey! Just submit my application to pharmcas nov 1! Fingers are crossed:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for starting a thread! I have an interview scheduled on Nov. 7th for the Distance Pathway. I’m not sure how their interviews work or how long it takes for an acceptance/denial notice. I’ve heard that interviews are a good indication that you are accepted... Anyone else have feed back?

Hi :) just wondering how long after you submitted did you hear something?
I'm applying for next fall too. Distance pathway.
How was your interview?

I’m hoping to hear something tomorrow! The interview went well, I think! There were about 25 people there, 8 pathway.

I want to get into this online portion so badly. I'm currently in PY-1 year at another school and I'm NOT liking it at all. I knew I should have taken it online, (like majority of my undergrad classes) I do darn good w/online classes. So wish me well ladies. :) trying to get into this school 2018 and (EX-out my current school :(

Hi everyone. I just submitted my app on Monday (11/13) has anyone heard back yet from the school? I know it says 2 weeks to hear back, I am just really nervous. Where are you all from?

Interviewed on Nov. 3rd & got my acceptance letter today!

Interviewed on Nov. 3rd & got my acceptance letter today!

Congratulations! How long did it take to get invited for an interview after you submitted? I have a portal account and it says they have everything so just waiting....no fun haha

Congratulations! How long did it take to get invited for an interview after you submitted? I have a portal account and it says they have everything so just waiting....no fun haha
Have you heard back on acceptance?

Have you heard back on acceptance?
I submitted my application around the end of september and was invited to schedule the interview within 2 weeks after that. I interviewed on November 3 and got my acceptance letter on November 16th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there!

I submitted my PharmCAS app on Dec. 1st, including the Creighton supplemental app. I got an email saying my coursework had been verified by Dec. 5th. The next email came from Creighton on Dec. 7th saying they had received my application, it was complete, and it was under review. My interview invitation came on Monday Dec. 11th. I'm registered for the January 26th interview! I'm hoping to be accepted to the Distance Pathway.

The turn-around time on my application blew my mind, however, Creighton had provided me with a username and password in the mail (an "exclusive invitation to apply") to enter, which took me to the PharmCAS site, and that's how I submitted my application. I'd also received several emails prior to applying, stating they had extended my priority deadline past Nov. 1st, so I would still have priority admission and scholarship consideration. I dont know how common that is.

I'm super excited and anxious about the interview. I know a graduate of the distance program, she's one of the smartest people I've ever known and a great pharmacist, and she said she felt like she blew it at the interview. So I feel like an interview bumps your chances of getting in way up.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm 28, I've worked as a tech for nearly 4 years, and I don't have a bachelor's degree (just an AS and an AA from a community college). I had 3 current and former pharmacy managers write me letters of recommendation.

GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.35

PCAT:
Chem: 94
Bio: 85
Quant.: 72
Reading: 71
Writing: 3.5
Composite: 87

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application on 11.2.17 and received my PCAT scores about two weeks after. I was invited to interview on12.14.17. :) To anyone who has already interviewed, would you kindly give us some tips or feedback on the process? How many interviewers were there? What kind of questions did they ask you? Is it appropriate to wear a nice dress or will slacks be better? Any and all advice is most certainly welcome. Thanks :)

I’m hoping to hear something tomorrow! The interview went well, I think! There were about 25 people there, 8 pathway.

Would you give some feedback on the interview process please? How many interviewers? The flow of the day? Types of questions they asked? Did you have to travel to go? If so, how far is the airport from the school?

Hello All,

I just received an interview invite for Creighton, the Distance Pathway. I am so unbelievably excited! Words cannot describe how great a feeling it is to even just have the opportunity to interview for pharmacy school. This has been a long time coming for myself.

I submitted my application on 12/4/17; coursework was verified on 12/8/17; Creighton received application on 12/11/17; interview invitation on 1/5/18. Hope my timeline helps anyone with questions as how long it may take, granted my timeline was during the holidays so not sure how that may or may not have affected it.

I am set to interview on 1/26/18, if anyone has any helpful tips or advice I would greatly appreciate it. Good luck to anyone else applying and hopefully being granted interviews as well.

Reactions: 1 users
congratulations!! I applied distance pathway as well. I haven't heard anything because of my pcat scores are not in. I also applied to lecom distance pathway. It is really my only option because I can't uproot my family. No advice, just wanted to say congrats!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my email invite to interviews today as well. I applied for the Distance Pathway too.
Submitted: 11/29
Verified: 12/4
Creighton received app: 12/4
Like everyone else I'm incredibly excited about interviews and nervous. This will be my first pharmacy school interview so any advice/tips would be gladly accepted/appreciated.

congratulations!! I applied distance pathway as well. I haven't heard anything because of my pcat scores are not in. I also applied to lecom distance pathway. It is really my only option because I can't uproot my family. No advice, just wanted to say congrats!!!

Hope your PCAT scores come in soon, and good luck to you! Hope you get interviews! I understand what you mean having the distance pathway being your only option as that is my only option as well. I applied to LECOM as well, but have yet to hear anything back. Hoping I get accepted into Creighton!!

Hope your PCAT scores come in soon, and good luck to you! Hope you get interviews! I understand what you mean having the distance pathway being your only option as that is my only option as well. I applied to LECOM as well, but have yet to hear anything back. Hoping I get accepted into Creighton!!
Thank you!! Good luck on the interview day!!

Hi everyone, congratulations on the interview invites!

I've been following some threads even before I applied to Creighton online pharmacy school and seems like if you get the invitation, your chance of getting in is really high.

I was among the early decision applicants (distance). In our batch there were more campus applicants, and only 8 of us. Among the 8 who were interviewed for the distance, I believe that there were 4 of us that were conditionally accepted, but I'm not sure about the campus.

Our batch were just small so we were divided into 4 groups. Morning sessions mostly are introduction of the school, the program --- a little tour around the campus especially the buildings for pharmacy -- then lunch together, with one current pharmacy student assigned on each table, who you can ask any questions that you may have.

After lunch is the pharmacy interview. The groups that you were divided, some of them will go to fit the white coats first, picture taking, and some will go to the interview. On your particular group, all of you guys will be interviewed at the same time --- on different rooms --- with different sets of interviewers. I believe each of us has two interviewers each. They're really friendly but just get ready with your introduction because that is where the follow up questions will usually revolve. Also I forgot that before our lunch, there was a 10 or 15 minutes short essay that we need to do --- I think one question about yourself and another related about the pharmacy. I guess there are really no right or wrong answers, just how you present your views.

Most of us were wearing business suits, just in case you ask. And if you're flying that day too, you can bring your luggage already the morning of your interview and Shane will put them together in one room.

Hope these helps! Good luck everyone!

Hello All,

I just received an interview invite for Creighton, the Distance Pathway. I am so unbelievably excited! Words cannot describe how great a feeling it is to even just have the opportunity to interview for pharmacy school. This has been a long time coming for myself.

I submitted my application on 12/4/17; coursework was verified on 12/8/17; Creighton received application on 12/11/17; interview invitation on 1/5/18. Hope my timeline helps anyone with questions as how long it may take, granted my timeline was during the holidays so not sure how that may or may not have affected it.

I am set to interview on 1/26/18, if anyone has any helpful tips or advice I would greatly appreciate it. Good luck to anyone else applying and hopefully being granted interviews as well.

Hey, I was at the interview yesterday for the distance pathway! I was in the group that interviewed first before the white coat fitting and photos. I was so incredibly nervous, my voice was shaky and I felt stupid when I was leaving. How do you feel about it?! I'm going to be chaecking the admissions portal obsessively starting on Monday.

Hey, I was at the interview yesterday for the distance pathway! I was in the group that interviewed first before the white coat fitting and photos. I was so incredibly nervous, my voice was shaky and I felt stupid when I was leaving. How do you feel about it?! I'm going to be chaecking the admissions portal obsessively starting on Monday.

Hey! Congrats on getting the interview over with, I know I felt a big sense of relief when it was done. I was in the last group, so I didn't interview until the very end of the day. I was definitely nervous all day and then the minute I walked in the door, everything I rehearsed left my mind lol. At first I am sure I came across as really nervous and for some reason I kept repeating things, like losing my train of thought. But after a while it really did just become conversational, it ended up being a nice conversation with like sneaky "interview" questions thrown in sometimes.

I was a little worried because at one point my interviewers were just talking to themselves and I was like umm I don't even know how to enter this conversation haha. I'll be honest I already checked the portal....right when I got to the hotel. So don't worry about being too bad about checking cause I already did lol. Good luck to you!!! Hope we get to be distance classmates!!

Hi everyone, congratulations on the interview invites!

I've been following some threads even before I applied to Creighton online pharmacy school and seems like if you get the invitation, your chance of getting in is really high.

I was among the early decision applicants (distance). In our batch there were more campus applicants, and only 8 of us. Among the 8 who were interviewed for the distance, I believe that there were 4 of us that were conditionally accepted, but I'm not sure about the campus.

Our batch were just small so we were divided into 4 groups. Morning sessions mostly are introduction of the school, the program --- a little tour around the campus especially the buildings for pharmacy -- then lunch together, with one current pharmacy student assigned on each table, who you can ask any questions that you may have.

After lunch is the pharmacy interview. The groups that you were divided, some of them will go to fit the white coats first, picture taking, and some will go to the interview. On your particular group, all of you guys will be interviewed at the same time --- on different rooms --- with different sets of interviewers. I believe each of us has two interviewers each. They're really friendly but just get ready with your introduction because that is where the follow up questions will usually revolve. Also I forgot that before our lunch, there was a 10 or 15 minutes short essay that we need to do --- I think one question about yourself and another related about the pharmacy. I guess there are really no right or wrong answers, just how you present your views.

Most of us were wearing business suits, just in case you ask. And if you're flying that day too, you can bring your luggage already the morning of your interview and Shane will put them together in one room.

Hope these helps! Good luck everyone!

I just wanted to say thank you. I saw this post the day before and it was incredibly helpful!!

I just wanted to say thank you. I saw this post the day before and it was incredibly helpful!!
Hi --- I'm so glad that it helps. They usually say it will take about 4 weeks or so, but mine only took about 2 weeks. I was interviewed on Sept 29 and got my letter in the mail on Oct 14 (",). But before that I obsessively checking the portal multiple times daily, lol. I couldn't sleep at all, what I did before I got my letter from the mail, I search on their portal where you can search the students of their school - I googled "look up students creighton university" (on October 7)--- and I typed in my name, and i saw my name ([email protected]) and I was so happy and had the feeling that I got it. Then a week after --- my search was confirmed by a letter in the mail. I thought it was going to be a thick envelope or something, but it was just a thin regular envelope. Goodluck!

Hey! Congrats on getting the interview over with, I know I felt a big sense of relief when it was done. I was in the last group, so I didn't interview until the very end of the day. I was definitely nervous all day and then the minute I walked in the door, everything I rehearsed left my mind lol. At first I am sure I came across as really nervous and for some reason I kept repeating things, like losing my train of thought. But after a while it really did just become conversational, it ended up being a nice conversation with like sneaky "interview" questions thrown in sometimes.

I was a little worried because at one point my interviewers were just talking to themselves and I was like umm I don't even know how to enter this conversation haha. I'll be honest I already checked the portal....right when I got to the hotel. So don't worry about being too bad about checking cause I already did lol. Good luck to you!!! Hope we get to be distance classmates!!

I spent yesterday and today checking the portal repeatedly and I think I need an intervention. All of the pharmacists I work with are going to want to strangle me at some point because of my obsessing.

From combing through threads from previous years, it appears many interviewees heard back a week later. That and it seems like if you got an interview, that means you have a good chance of being accepted because they don't extend as many invitations as other schools. I know I'm just blathering right now but I am sooo wound up over this. My boyfriend might have to confiscate my phone or something..

I have been obsessively checking my portal! Lol I can hardly function! This is torture. I interviewed Friday, Jan 26th for the campus pathway.

I have been obsessively checking my portal! Lol I can hardly function! This is torture. I interviewed Friday, Jan 26th for the campus pathway.

I have been obsessing since Monday, and I've been working. I have tomorrow off so it's going to be sheer torture. I want to start purchasing supplies, including investing in a nice, expensive desk for my spare room, but I feel like if I do that I'm going to jinx myself and get rejected. I keep going over the interview in my head repeatedly, remembering things I wish I would've said. I'm overanalyzing everything.

I'm sure people reading this are thinking, "Wow, this chick is crazy," but I spent years meandering through life without direction and taking classes without knowing what I wanted to do. Shortly after getting my technician job 4 years ago, I realized that a career as a pharmacist is the only thing I've ever truly wanted.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone at the Jan. 26th interview... we've got this!

Has anyone from the 1/26 interview heard anything yet? Yesterday my portal said, "Your application is under final review..." and that is now gone. The only thing is the prerequisite info that was always there.

Has anyone from the 1/26 interview heard anything yet? Yesterday my portal said, "Your application is under final review..." and that is now gone. The only thing is the prerequisite info that was always there.

My portal looks the same as what you are describing; nothing but my name and prerequisite info. I'm even more nervous now!! Have you checked to see if your name pops up when you search people on Creighton's website? I know it has only been a week today, but I constantly look for my name on Creighton's website on top of the checking the portal.

I think the waiting is worse than interview day and even waiting to actually interview. I was just a hot mess pretty much the entire week before the interview and an even worse mess now waiting to hear back.

Mine says the same thing!

My portal looks the same as what you are describing; nothing but my name and prerequisite info. I'm even more nervous now!! Have you checked to see if your name pops up when you search people on Creighton's website? I know it has only been a week today, but I constantly look for my name on Creighton's website on top of the checking the portal.

I think the waiting is worse than interview day and even waiting to actually interview. I was just a hot mess pretty much the entire week before the interview and an even worse mess now waiting to hear back.

I have searched my name, it's good to know I'm not the only one. This week has been absolute torture. I heard some people last year got a decision one week after their interviews. I have to go to work in a little over an hour, I want to know before then!!!

My portal says the same (final review and remaining prereqs needed)... I've gone over the interview over and over thinking of what I could've/should've said or done differently BUT it's done. Hopefully we'll start hearing something by next week . Has anyone else started considering housing?
(campus pathway)

My portal says the same (final review and remaining prereqs needed)... I've gone over the interview over and over thinking of what I could've/should've said or done differently BUT it's done. Hopefully we'll start hearing something by next week . Has anyone else started considering housing?
(campus pathway)

Your portal still says "final review"?

I think I saw on the post it was day 8 after the interview that she saw her name...? (hopefully she...can't remember)

Checked again after 5pm. Nothing. I want to call them and be like, "I demand you give me some information!!!". Ugh.

I think I saw on the post it was day 8 after the interview that she saw her name...? (hopefully she...can't remember)
yes it's 8 days after, I'm sure because everything is in my diary =). I check the student portal multiple times a day -- and it went from something like final review - then it went blank - and the next one I saw I have some kind of username or ID given to me there, that's when I think to search further and use the student look up on their website. The username or ID is something like 3 initials of my name then 5 numbers after it, example annie m. smith --> ams12345 =)

yes it's 8 days after, I'm sure because everything is in my diary =). I check the student portal multiple times a day -- and it went from something like final review - then it went blank - and the next one I saw I have some kind of username or ID given to me there, that's when I think to search further and use the student look up on their website. The username or ID is something like 3 initials of my name then 5 numbers after it, example annie m. smith --> ams12345 =)

If I got a NETID, does that mean I'm in?

Mine says NETID as well...I looked up my name and it was there!!! So I'm thinking we're in!!!

Mine says NETID as well...I looked up my name and it was there!!! So I'm thinking we're in!!!
Congratulations guys !!! Just wait for a thin letter on the mail - mine took about another 7 days —- but it could be earlier or later depending on your locations. Did you apply for the distance as well ?

I applied distance :) I live in the Kansas City area and interviewed on the 26th

Congratulations guys !!! Just wait for a thin letter on the mail - mine took about another 7 days —- but it could be earlier or later depending on your locations. Did you apply for the distance as well ?

Yes! I'm distance as well! I still can't find my name when I search though. Once we get acceptance letters we should start a group on facebook!! Sooo excited :)

I applied distance :) I live in the Kansas City area and interviewed on the 26th
Congratulations ! hopefully to see you guys in our weeklong orientation on August 12 through the 17th ! =)

Last edited:

Just curious, were you the lady from Kansas City? I think I sat next to you at one point, I have glasses and short blonde hair! :) I mentioned I had family living in Olathe.

Yes! I'm distance as well! I still can't find my name when I search though. Once we get acceptance letters we should start a group on facebook!! Sooo excited :)
Yes - you’re almist there, just a few days more to wait — and I remember they said that if you have a scholarship offered it would be right behind your acceptance letter as well ! Good luck and congrats !!!