Creighton SPAHP Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saisri_PharmStdnt

Class of 2023
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting up the official thread here for the cycle opening up next week for starting Fall of 2019!

I'm applying to Creighton this cycle under the Early Decision time frame. I'm planning on attending via the Distance Pathway.

For those looking to apply under Early Decision, here are the important dates to know:
  • Early Decision Deadline: September 4, 2018
  • Early Decision Interview Date – September 28th, 2018

Anyone else applying to Creighton? Good luck either way!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Starting up the official thread here for the cycle opening up next week for starting Fall of 2019!

I'm applying to Creighton this cycle under the Early Decision time frame. I'm planning on attending via the Distance Pathway.

For those looking to apply under Early Decision, here are the important dates to know:
  • Early Decision Deadline: September 4, 2018
  • Early Decision Interview Date – September 28th, 2018
Anyone else applying to Creighton? Good luck either way!

I had applied. When they start sending interview calls.

I had applied. When they start sending interview calls.
The cycle for starting in 2019 doesn't open up til next week (July 18th). So do you mean you applied to start THIS fall in 2018? Those interviews have already occurred as far as I know. You should probably call the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update for me..

I'm working on finalizing my essays, I've sent off for my updated transcripts, and then I'll just need my LoRs.. I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

Tomorrow is the end of Week 2 of waiting for Verification.

Considering purchasing hats to cover my head in case I keep trying to pull my hair out while waiting....

My application completed verification last night and I received Creighton's email this morning confirming the hand-off! :)

(I'm hoping that if I post all the steps, other applicants later will see the time frames. I know that helps ease nerves..)

Yesterday, after I posted here... Creighton also completed the comparison of my application against their pre-reqs.. (I'm currently in Ochem-II now)

The messaging says a decision should be made within 2 weeks and that if I am invited to Interview, I'll have an email for that..

I just submitted my early decision application for the distance pathway as well! Hopefully the verification won't take too long. I already received a call from the school saying that the interviews for the early decision are on the 28th.

Hi! It took about 2 weeks for my verification part from PharmCAS, but Creighton's was quick. Yes, the 28th is what is up on the website. Fingers crossed that we hear something soon :)

Hi! It took about 2 weeks for my verification part from PharmCAS, but Creighton's was quick. Yes, the 28th is what is up on the website. Fingers crossed that we hear something soon :)

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I've completed all of the pre-reqs and will have my bachelor's at the end of this year. My science GPA is like a 3.7 or 3.8 with my overall sitting at 3.56. I don't have any pharmacy experience, but I've been working at Oregon Health & Science University for the last 5 years on the administrative side of the hospital.

Hopefully we'll both be in Nebraska in a couple of weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I've completed all of the pre-reqs and will have my bachelor's at the end of this year. My science GPA is like a 3.7 or 3.8 with my overall sitting at 3.56. I don't have any pharmacy experience, but I've been working at Oregon Health & Science University for the last 5 years on the administrative side of the hospital.

Hopefully we'll both be in Nebraska in a couple of weeks!

I generally don't share my stats - not against anyone.. It's more of a "I'm too hard on myself" type of thing.. But your stats are very good, a bit better than mine, actually.

Working in the field itself, I would consider that incredibly helpful. While you may not have been in an actual pharmacy (even I'm on the PBM side of insurance), it still puts you in a position to know what you're getting into and why you want to do what you're about to do.

I reached out to the school to ask about the change in verbiage on the site (from saying "within 2 weeks" to not having a time frame posted). It appears that once the initial review is complete, the applications go before a committee to be reviewed. Mine is apparently being included in next Wednesday's review.

2 1/2 weeks til the ED Interviews!

Yesterday was the committee review for the ED applications. Still waiting to hear!

Anyone else in this same boat with me? :)

I received my invitation to Interview!

Early Decision interviews are on Sept. 28th. Anyone else joining me? :)

Reactions: 1 users
I received my invitation to Interview!

Early Decision interviews are on Sept. 28th. Anyone else joining me? :)

I've applied, but waiting on my application to validate. Even though I got it in for early decision, I'm not sure it will be ready to go in time for the 28th. o_O

I've applied, but waiting on my application to validate. Even though I got it in for early decision, I'm not sure it will be ready to go in time for the 28th. o_O
If you got in under the deadline, that should have been the big review that occurred earlier this week. You can always call or reach out via email to see if there is a status update. They are super nice about providing any information that they can.

Hey!!
I received my invitation yesterday too :D super excited..
That's great! Hope to see you there! 2 weeks from today! :boom:

Girl, SLAY! Congratulations on your interview!
Good luck, love!

PharmCAS verified my application this morning and I got an email from Creighton to interview this afternoon! I'll see you guys in Omaha next week :D

If you got in under the deadline, that should have been the big review that occurred earlier this week. You can always call or reach out via email to see if there is a status update. They are super nice about providing any information that they can.

It took a couple more days for verification and then only 5 hours between the "Creighton Has Received Your Application" and "Creighton Invites You to Interview" emails. Long story short, I'll see you next week too!

It took a couple more days for verification and then only 5 hours between the "Creighton Has Received Your Application" and "Creighton Invites You to Interview" emails. Long story short, I'll see you next week too!
Yay! Good job! Congrats!

I bought myself a compact travel umbrella from Amazon that comes with a waterproof case to put in it so it doesn't leak all over everything.. It was around $10 bucks or so, give or take? Better to be safe than sorry! :)

Ok, I'm a dummy. In all my panic, I forgot my parking pass at home and the hotel I am staying at doesn't have a business center. Does anybody have an extra one or can print one out for me?

Good luck to those having their interview today! You got this!

Ok, I'm a dummy. In all my panic, I forgot my parking pass at home and the hotel I am staying at doesn't have a business center. Does anybody have an extra one or can print one out for me?
I am so sorry that I missed this yesterday. I didn't get online at all yesterday with how busy our day was and then airports and airplanes!

So, for those who will be invited to interview later in the cycle, here is a general idea of how the current Interview Days are going. (I don't want to spoil it by giving too many details!)

Distance students arrived first for a mini-orientation to the distance program. The Campus students joined a bit later where we got to hear from some of the staff. There's a lot of information. I encourage a small notepad. If you remember a pen/pencil, great! If not, they will provide one.

When they tell you there's a small walk... their definition of a small walk may not be the same as yours. Ladies, you really don't want heals. You really want nice but comfortable/sensible shoes. There will be walking to another part of the campus - 2x. There will be three sets of stairs involved at one location, and another set of stairs at the other. That's after the brisk walk ;) . We had a cool, rainy day in the 50s. I would also not encourage skirts/dresses. You'll be really cold..

You'll get to have lunch with some current students. The ones we met ranged from P2 to P4. Ask them questions - especially the ones you want to ask the faculty but won't. Ask them :)

After lunch it's time for Interviews, white coat fittings and pictures, and a meeting with Student Affairs. The interviews are about 25 minutes long, and they are more of a conversation than a simple question and answer type setting. Be observant, be genuine, be polite and professional.

Your day ends when those sessions are over.

Side recommendation - look for the area hotels that offer shuttle/uber services to and from the airport, school, and nearby restaurants. I know Fairfield Inn by Marriott does, I'm sure others, do, too.. If you don't have to deal with driving around, it's one less stress.

So, for those who will be invited to interview later in the cycle, here is a general idea of how the current Interview Days are going. (I don't want to spoil it by giving too many details!)

Distance students arrived first for a mini-orientation to the distance program. The Campus students joined a bit later where we got to hear from some of the staff. There's a lot of information. I encourage a small notepad. If you remember a pen/pencil, great! If not, they will provide one.

When they tell you there's a small walk... their definition of a small walk may not be the same as yours. Ladies, you really don't want heals. You really want nice but comfortable/sensible shoes. There will be walking to another part of the campus - 2x. There will be three sets of stairs involved at one location, and another set of stairs at the other. That's after the brisk walk ;) . We had a cool, rainy day in the 50s. I would also not encourage skirts/dresses. You'll be really cold..

You'll get to have lunch with some current students. The ones we met ranged from P2 to P4. Ask them questions - especially the ones you want to ask the faculty but won't. Ask them :)

After lunch it's time for Interviews, white coat fittings and pictures, and a meeting with Student Affairs. The interviews are about 25 minutes long, and they are more of a conversation than a simple question and answer type setting. Be observant, be genuine, be polite and professional.

Your day ends when those sessions are over.

Side recommendation - look for the area hotels that offer shuttle/uber services to and from the airport, school, and nearby restaurants. I know Fairfield Inn by Marriott does, I'm sure others, do, too.. If you don't have to deal with driving around, it's one less stress.

White coat fittings? I'm sorry, I've never heard of that; do you mind me asking what that means?

I mean, they literally do a fitting for your white lab coat.

Attachments

• creighton lab coat.jpg
    creighton lab coat.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 54
I am so sorry that I missed this yesterday. I didn't get online at all yesterday with how busy our day was and then airports and airplanes!
No worries. I just put a handwritten note in my windshield and hope for the best. No ticket! Whew!

Oh! That sounds exciting, lol. White coats are always exciting.
Well, I'm wishing the best for you!

I keep checking my portal over and over,, nothing really changed , I only have the prerequisites completion and they just posted our pictures!! Does anyone has anything different on their portal??

No, my portal is the same - I had just checked right before I stopped in here.

They posted our pictures?? Now I need to hunt those down!

No, my portal is the same - I had just checked right before I stopped in here.

They posted our pictures?? Now I need to hunt those down!
Yes if you open your portal and scroll down you can see “download SPAHP photo”

Congrats to you too!!
Were you able to fill out the Policy of Technical Standards Form? When I click it, it just says "Registration is no longer available"

So I just ran into that.. If you click on the left-hand side where it says Status Update and then View Update, there's links in the letter that work.

It just doesn't show on the main screen completed as of yet.

So I just ran into that.. If you click on the left-hand side where it says Status Update and then View Update, there's links in the letter that work.

It just doesn't show on the main screen completed as of yet.

That's exactly what I'm seeing. Ok, well as long as it's not just me, I'm not too worried :D

I just checked the portal and I’m in too!!! Sooo excited :)