Creighton SPAHP Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in too!!! It's Crazy :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! I remember you :). I am the one who is from China and lives in The Dalles, Oregon :nod:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Have you done the deposit yet ? I am curious how much we need to deposit hmmm...

:happy:I was the one wearing the blue scarf,, it was funny, Creighton’s color is blue too!! haha honestly I wasn’t wearing it because of that I just like that scarf!!

:happy:I was the one wearing the blue scarf,, it was funny, Creighton’s color is blue too!! haha honestly I wasn’t wearing it because of that I just like that scarf!!

Hi! I have to say great choice on picking the color of your scarf ;)

Did any of you guys get your actual mailed letter yet? I haven't seen mine yet, so I was just curious.

I did go ahead and pay the deposit, and then there's a few more forms/acknowledgements. Have to get my immunization records - it's been a while ;) so I'll have to have my MD pull those..

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview and/or got in. I just received an interview for 12/7, very excited and nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to you! Just remember to breathe and relax. Everyone there was wonderful. Be yourself. Breathe some more :)

(They provide a lot of info so maybe bring a notepad to write things down - I forgot one and wrote on the back of a paper they provided for something else).

Congratulations, everyone! I interview tomorrow morning and have been prepping as much as I can. This is my first pharmacy school admissions interview for Fall 2019 admission. I am comforted by knowing the people at Creighton are kind and that the interviews are conversational. What makes me nervous is that it is a closed-file interview. I feel like I have to include my resume and education stats somewhere in my answers. How did you all feel about the questions and your responses? I am a genuine person and am confident that I will be myself and hope that I can get my answers out without going off on a tangent or rambling on due to nerves.

Thank you for this thread, as it helps to see the timeline of events as well as learn about your experiences. How many applicants were there for the ED interview? How many were there for the distance pathway?

Congratulations, everyone! I interview tomorrow morning and have been prepping as much as I can. This is my first pharmacy school admissions interview for Fall 2019 admission. I am comforted by knowing the people at Creighton are kind and that the interviews are conversational. What makes me nervous is that it is a closed-file interview. I feel like I have to include my resume and education stats somewhere in my answers. How did you all feel about the questions and your responses? I am a genuine person and am confident that I will be myself and hope that I can get my answers out without going off on a tangent or rambling on due to nerves.

Thank you for this thread, as it helps to see the timeline of events as well as learn about your experiences. How many applicants were there for the ED interview? How many were there for the distance pathway?

Hi! On the Early Decision date, there were 27 of us or so I believe? Most were distance, some were campus.

The interview with the faculty are not like a job interview where you are vying against other people that are also there. If you've made it to the interviews, then what they are looking for (from my perspective) is what are you like in person? If they throw questions at you, can you be 'grace under fire'? In the course of the conversation, there will be questions. Don't try and 'over-answer' them. Don't try to fit in extra things if it doesn't fit what they are asking. If they ask about your past, you can bring up a few of your resume points. If they ask about school, you'll get to drop stats. But if they don't, don't sweat it! Just have a great conversation! :)

Thank you everyone for your helpful posts, any suggestions on which hotel to stay at?

The Fairfield Inn is 5 minutes away and they use Uber to shuttle you from Airport to Hotel, Hotel to School, School to Hotel, and to some of the nearby restaurants within 2-3 mile radius.

If you need to check out of the hotel prior to the Interview, they will hold your bag for you, bring you back to collect (still Uber), and then bring you to the airport.

Last edited:
Hey just received my email from Creighton that they received my Application! Hope to receive an interview !

The Fairfield Inn is 5 minutes away and they use Uber to shuttle you from Airport to Hotel, Hotel to School, School to Hotel, and to some of the nearby restaurants within 2-3 mile radius.

If you need to check out of the hotel prior to the Interview, they will hold your bag for you, bring you back to collect (still Uber), and then bring you to the hotel.
Thanks I stayed here, great service

Good luck to everyone who interviewed today, it was not too bad. I can’t wait to hear back from them about the decision

Anyone interviewing on January 11th?

I just received an update on my email, I got in too. Very excited. But I do have another interview with in Jan, so will have to decide.

Hey what was ur gpa for distance
I am also applying but very scarred due to low gpa
Nothing amazing! probably 3.2, honestly, for my all around GPA. I had a very bad semester or two after a divorce from an abusive marriage. However, I had an A in Organic Chemistry I in the Summer which was all I took (6 credits) and straight As this semester which was 17 credit hours including Calculus, Anthropology, Physical Science and Organic Chemistry II. I highlighted my improvement in my essays, etc, to show I am doing well now. They look at a lot more than GPA, I think. I think an eloquent personal statement can also go a long way.

Hey what was ur gpa for distance
I am also applying but very scarred due to low gpa
FYI I went to check on PharmCAS and my more important GPAs listed were the following before this semester (straight As with 17 credits so it will go up a little probably!)
OVERALL 3.32
SCIENCE 3.25
MATH 3.33
BIOLOGY & OTHER LIFE SCIENCES 2.69 (I had As and Bs but I also had a C and F during a bad semester when I split from an abusive relationship, which I noted in my statements - not sure which are included here because it only shows 14 credits)

Hi guys!
I applied to Creighton's distance pathway for upcoming fall. I interviewed Feb 8 and I got put on the alternate list as of today (2/15). Does anyone know the chances of getting off the alternate list and admitted as a P1 student? How does the process work exactly? How many slots are there remaining for class of 2023? I am very anxious to find out when they do a review of the alternate students?

Hi, @damselinditress. Congrats for getting and making it through your interview!

I don't have much info regarding their alternate list process, but I would recommend either emailing them or calling them to confirm their process. I've always spoken to Shane Bumsted (you either met him on interview day or at least saw him, haha). He's a great resource and has always been super patient will all my questions :) (I asked so many he couldn't wait to meet me on my interview day to put a face to all the emails, haha)

Anyway, asking them questions is fine. Just be super polite in your email and clear as to what you're asking, and they will answer with whatever information they are able to provide.

Joining the crowd late in the year, but I figured it was worth jumping in!

I had intentions on waiting until next fall, but we'll see how it goes. Just submitted today, still waiting on 1 transcript to post. What were your timelines on contact from the school after sending to pharmCAS/verification?

Welcome! The timelines can vary a bit, but I believe most were seeing successful verification within 2 weeks and then getting information from the school regarding the interview.

Thanks!
I want to believe the "pharmacy school is easy to get in" but I have my reservations lol
Waiting on 2 transcripts to roll in via snail mail...and then verification. Currently working DoD pharmacy in Germany. If I get in, I can move back early :p

I'm in! :) I had no experience, but started working as a technician recently. I updated my application right before they reviewed them, apparently. Lol. ❤ Distance pathway.

• Love
Congrats! I hope there are still distance pathway slots left since I applied to it too lol

Congrats! I hope there are still distance pathway slots left since I applied to it too lol
Thanks! There may be. Especially since not everyone will accept their offer?

Friday my final transcript went though, and today at 1150 am they let me know my application was complete, 12:55 my coursework was verified :eek:
That was fast! (Germany time)
Now the fear is real! lol

Hi everyone, I am looking for someone to share an airbnb with me during the orientation week. I booked a very nice place close to the campus with reasonable price. Please let me know if anyone is interested, I can send pictures of the place with more information. Thank you and hope you all have a great summer! :)

Soooo excited for the orientation ,, finally we will start the program!!! It will a great busy week :)

Hi everyone!
I just got my invitation email. My interview date is 11/8 ! I am applying for DE program.
Is it going to be group interview ?
any tips will be appreciated!

Thanks guys