Creighton University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything today? I still haven't heard anything from them and interviewed in November. My AASDAS status was Check back Dec 15th until the night of the 14th when it changed to Recieved/Application complete

Any dental students willing to answer some questions about Creighton?

Does Creighton send out rejections? If so, when will that be? Have they already sent out a waitlist email?

Anyone know if we will get a confirmation email after sending the forms out and paying the deposit?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a D1 and I was in your shoes not too long ago. Feel free to reach out if you have any interview questions, or Creighton questions in general! Congrats to those who received interviews, and hang in there for people who didn't cause the application journey is far from over!
Hi, I was accepted into Creighton! I was fortunate to receive 2 other offers, but am leaning towards Creighton. I researching the area and see the The Muse apartments look very nice and are right next to Creighton. Is that were many dental students live? This is silly, but I'm not wild about the dress code...just one more expense and thing to manage. Do you start wearing scrubs at some point? Do you know why the men/women ratio is 2/3? Would you say there is a sense of family/comradery vs competitive atmosphere? How successful are people at getting matched for a specialty at other programs? Finally, if I get sick or fall behind, what is the policy on making up a class or retaking a test? Sorry so many questions! I really appreciate any insight you can give me!

Hi, I was accepted into Creighton! I was fortunate to receive 2 other offers, but am leaning towards Creighton. I researching the area and see the The Muse apartments look very nice and are right next to Creighton. Is that were many dental students live? This is silly, but I'm not wild about the dress code...just one more expense and thing to manage. Do you start wearing scrubs at some point? Do you know why the men/women ratio is 2/3? Would you say there is a sense of family/comradery vs competitive atmosphere? How successful are people at getting matched for a specialty at other programs? Finally, if I get sick or fall behind, what is the policy on making up a class or retaking a test? Sorry so many questions! I really appreciate any insight you can give me!
Hi! Senior dental student here. Quite a few of my classmates moved to the muse this summer. And I hated the thought of the dress code. But it honestly isn’t that bad. I wear American eagle colored jeggings and sweaters most of the time. Super comfy. And the guys don’t even need to wear ties anymore. And there is a very good sense of family and helping each other. Our class had a google drive where people would upload study guides they made, or things they got from upper classmen. The men to women ratio is moving more towards 50:50. My class has about 1/3 women unfortunately. But they are doing better after listening to concerns from us. All of my classmates so far have matched to residencies if they have applied to them. We have some of the highest clinical requirements of any dental school, so we are very well trained doctors when we graduate. And many places know that. And you normally get 5 excused absences a year, but they have been super flexible with Covid. And admin will work super close with you to get things made up. You become super close with admin, they are awesome.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Senior dental student here. Quite a few of my classmates moved to the muse this summer. And I hated the thought of the dress code. But it honestly isn’t that bad. I wear American eagle colored jeggings and sweaters most of the time. Super comfy. And the guys don’t even need to wear ties anymore. And there is a very good sense of family and helping each other. Our class had a google drive where people would upload study guides they made, or things they got from upper classmen. The men to women ratio is moving more towards 50:50. My class has about 1/3 women unfortunately. But they are doing better after listening to concerns from us. All of my classmates so far have matched to residencies if they have applied to them. We have some of the highest clinical requirements of any dental school, so we are very well trained doctors when we graduate. And many places know that. And you normally get 5 excused absences a year, but they have been super flexible with Covid. And admin will work super close with you to get things made up. You become super close with admin, they are awesome.
Hey, do you know of anyone who applied late (around Nov) and got in without an interview? Thanks in advance!

Hey, do you know of anyone who applied late (around Nov) and got in without an interview? Thanks in advance!
Not off the top of my head, but we didn’t really talk about when people applied. I know a good handful of my classmates got in with no interview though.

A quick question. Does anyone know if they are still accepting people with no interview this late in the game( or would you have to interview?), and how long after your application is verified do you think it would take?

Last edited:
When your email's empty but it changes to "Offer Made" on the portal. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

When your email's empty but it changes to "Offer Made" on the portal. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
Did you get instructions on creating the portal? Applied yesterday and I was told I do not need to create a portal. Maybe it is created when / If you receive and interview. From another email, it seems they are no longer giving interviews?

Did you get instructions on creating the portal? Applied yesterday and I was told I do not need to create a portal. Maybe it is created when / If you receive and interview. From another email, it seems they are no longer giving interviews?
I meant the primary app (AADSAS). I have no idea about interviews or really anything beyond that.

Any ideas when they would send out anymore acceptance letters?

Can any current students PM me? I just have some questions about the school I was hoping to get answered!

Last time i talked to them (week or so ago) they said their class is full. However, if they go back to the waitlist they by rule can not notify anyone until the second week of feb

Last time i talked to them (week or so ago) they said their class is full. However, if they go back to the waitlist they by rule can not notify anyone until the second week of feb
So does that mean that schools cannot send out their "second round" of offers until the second week of February....this coming Monday? I have not seen this rule. Thanks!

So does that mean that schools cannot send out their "second round" of offers until the second week of February....this coming Monday? I have not seen this rule. Thanks!
It would actually be third round (unless Creighton didn't send any out in dec ?). But yes, it is a dental school application rule. Each student has X numbers of days to decided on their offer. The amount of time the students receives to decided is based on when the offer was made. Then after that time, schools can extended offers that were returned.

Has anyone been accepted without an interview yet? If so, can you please share when your application was completed. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, no that I know of but I applied on mid-January for pharmacy school and received invite to interview on 3/2. I just got my acceptance yesterday...just 3 days after interview.

Hi just following up to what was asked previously. Has anyone been accepted without an interview?

does anyone know if the class is full for sure??

rejected via email w no interview. I applied around october.

Where are you guys going to live this fall? Can you guys message me if you've found a good place? Thank you!

Hi guys, how do we update our grades or send in our final transcript? Email it to them?

Hi guys, how do we update our grades or send in our final transcript? Email it to them?
I think you have to send them them a final official transcript. Some institutions like mine charge a small fee to make and send the transcript to the dental school.

Where are you guys going to live this fall? Can you guys message me if you've found a good place? Thank you!
Current D2 here. Be wary of The Muse. It's cheap but there are a number of reasons... Classmates are constantly telling stories about getting locked out, terrible management, unclean living conditions, noise, etc... I live at The Viewhouse apartments, which I really love. Most of the apartments are refurbished with all new appliances, huge bedrooms, lots of closet space, most have balconies, and it's a five minute walk to school and lots of trees and green space for our doggo. If you are looking to buy, Village Green works with lots of Dental/Medical students and is about 5-10 minute drive. Can't wait to meet y'all in the fall! (Oh, and heads up from D1 personal experience: Keep the Lab clean! or the upperclassmen will flip out.) Congrats!