Creighton University-Distant Pathway c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, they typically accept about half of the wait-listed students, so being put on the alternate list is a good sign! They said they typically wait-list about 20 students, then they rank them about a week before Welcome Week in July, and the top 5-10 wait-listed students usually get in at the last minute.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! So when did they receive your completed app? And after how long did they send you the email? So there are more interview dates? I applied late and so am still awaiting either an invite or letter so it would be nice to know how long they take. Thanks!

I applied up to the last minute-they got my completed application on March 1, and I just received the email yesterday (apr 1). So hopefully you'll get yours soon too! Good-luck :)

So, can anyone answer what the typical rejection letter says? Do they give you pointers on applying next year (your weak areas) or do they just give a generic "we are unable to admit you etc."? I'm pretty sure I didn't make the cute but I haven't received anything yet. I'm not too bummed. I kind of wished I would have waited another year before applying. I just wondered if you have to call and ask about improvements you can/need to make or if they let you know in the rejection letter. Thanks for any info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone willing to share what questions they were asked during the interview? It would really help calm my nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While the questions are pretty straight forward, I think it would help to practice with a friend. The interview is at the end of the day, and you'll be a little nervous. I wish I had practiced more because I forgot some things that I wanted to say.

So, can anyone answer what the typical rejection letter says? Do they give you pointers on applying next year (your weak areas) or do they just give a generic "we are unable to admit you etc."? I'm pretty sure I didn't make the cute but I haven't received anything yet. I'm not too bummed. I kind of wished I would have waited another year before applying. I just wondered if you have to call and ask about improvements you can/need to make or if they let you know in the rejection letter. Thanks for any info.

I'm pretty sure you would have to call and ask them.

While the questions are pretty straight forward, I think it would help to practice with a friend. The interview is at the end of the day, and you'll be a little nervous. I wish I had practiced more because I forgot some things that I wanted to say.

I started with responding to "Tell me about yourself..." and included everything I wanted them to know. Remember it's a closed interview, so your interviewers do not know your stats. They told us ahead of time that if you are there, then they know you are qualified for their program. I actually found the interview very relaxing. As stated above, practice ahead of time. Remember you have to convince them that you belong there. Good luck!

Last edited:
Does Creighton send out e-mails? Or only letters in the mail for acceptance/rejection? And do they call only the students who they are accepting, or do they also call those who will be receiving a rejection letter?

Almost 1 more week until we know if we are in or not (for those who interviewed on the 1st). This week will take forever. :D

Does Creighton send out e-mails? Or only letters in the mail for acceptance/rejection? And do they call only the students who they are accepting, or do they also call those who will be receiving a rejection letter?

They sent my acceptance letter via snail mail. However, they were running later than they had said at the interview, so I called the admissions office and they told me my acceptance letter was in the mail.

They sent my acceptance letter via snail mail. However, they were running later than they had said at the interview, so I called the admissions office and they told me my acceptance letter was in the mail.

Did you interview on the 1st of April?

I called them this afternoon and they took down my name and number and informed me that someone will call me later this week. She also said that they will be doing phone calls later this week and early next week. So keep an eye on your phones!

Almost 1 more week until we know if we are in or not (for those who interviewed on the 1st). This week will take forever. :D

Can you tell us how many students interviewed on the 1st?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called them this morning, and they said my app is still under review. Has anyone heard from them yet? Thank you!

I just called them this morning, and they said my app is still under review. Has anyone heard from them yet? Thank you!

They said the same thing to me today. I believe the person I spoke with last week gave me the wrong info perhaps? In any case I emailed Lindsay so I am waiting a response from her.

They said the same thing to me today. I believe the person I spoke with last week gave me the wrong info perhaps? In any case I emailed Lindsay so I am waiting a response from her.

Didn't you just interview on the 1st? Why don't you give them some time to make a decision - it's only been 2-1/2 weeks.

Didn't you just interview on the 1st? Why don't you give them some time to make a decision - it's only been 2-1/2 weeks.

This 2 and a half weeks feel like eternity to all of us who were interviewed on the 1st. That's why we can't even wait till this Friday to give them a call. You have been there, you know how it feels like, right Drug Doc?

This 2 and a half weeks feel like eternity to all of us who were interviewed on the 1st. That's why we can't even wait till this Friday to give them a call. You have been there, you know how it feels like, right Drug Doc?

I am glad someone else has the same feelings I do. :oops:

Yes, I understand that, but look at it from their perspective. They are working as quickly as they can (they realize you are itching to know), and having 48 x X phone calls won't speed up the decision. It's a process that takes time, and you want them to make the best decision, for both you and them. What if they were to rush, and make a mistake not in your favor?

Trust me, I'm all about instant feedback - that's why I'm in the distance program here (J/K - but it is nice to get grades back instantaneously rather than waiting to have instructors grade them :) )

I interviewed on Jan 21st, was waitlisted, and got my acceptance letter this week! I'm so excited!! :D

Has anyone who interviewed on April 1st heard anything? It has officially been 3 weeks now. :confused:

I interviewed on Jan 21st, was waitlisted, and got my acceptance letter this week! I'm so excited!! :D

Hello, Congrats! If I may ask, when was your letter dated?

Hello, Congrats! If I may ask, when was your letter dated?

April 15, and I need to pay deposit within 30days. Have you gotten any letter from Creighton too?

Last edited:
I have also received my letter of acceptance today in the mail.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I will see you all during welcome week in the summer! Congrats!!! :D

Congrats guys!!!! WE did it!!
@ Welle: When I opened my letter today, somehow I thought about you. During these long weeks of waiting, I feel I'm connected to you although we never met. I'm very glad we both made it to the list. Hope to see you soon!

Congrats guys!!!! WE did it!!
@ Welle: When I opened my letter today, somehow I thought about you. During these long weeks of waiting, I feel I'm connected to you although we never met. I'm very glad we both made it to the list. Hope to see you soon!

Congratulations to you all and congratulations to you p4rosm! @ P4rosm: I am glad that you are also accepted! I know it has been a very very long and stressful 3 weeks and I definitely knew that you could relate. I am so happy to be relieved with such great news. See you this summer! :)

Same here! I was really surprised because I had been trying not to dwell on it. I was told I might not hear anything until May or later, so I was really happy to find out sooner.

:woot:

So I just had my interview on April 29 for distance pathway. Was anyone else there?
Thanks!

I was! I had on tan skirt/jacket, my name's Elisa. Can't wait to hear something!!!

Interviewed April 15 for campus pathway. Found out yesterday that I got in. See you in August!

So I just had my interview on April 29 for distance pathway. Was anyone else there?
Thanks!

I was there too! Trying to keep myself busy so these next 2 weeks fly by! Good-luck :)

I saw Lindsay today at my school for a Health Career Fair and she said that they will HOPEFULLY send out decisions this week from the Apr 29th interviews and that it will more than likely be by mail vs a call since she's out of the office and they're kinda short staffed right now.

I saw Lindsay today at my school for a Health Career Fair and she said that they will HOPEFULLY send out decisions this week from the Apr 29th interviews and that it will more than likely be by mail vs a call since she's out of the office and they're kinda short staffed right now.

Thanks for the update! I'm SO anxious to hear something but haven't wanted to call before the 3 weeks were up.

Me too Elisa! I am being patient and not nagging them....but DYING over here! Good to know about probably not getting a phone call too - thanks for the info!

Me too Elisa! I am being patient and not nagging them....but DYING over here! Good to know about probably not getting a phone call too - thanks for the info!

Acceptance letter in the mail today!! Hang in there, you should be hearing something very soon. AAAAH I'm so psyched and I hope you get good news too :D Good luck everyone!!!!

Yay Elisa - I'm truly happy for you! My mail won't come for several more hours :(

April

P.S. where are you from anyway? I know we all told but I don't remember :)

Last edited:
Acceptance letter in the mail today!! Hang in there, you should be hearing something very soon. AAAAH I'm so psyched and I hope you get good news too :D Good luck everyone!!!!

Congratulations!! That's awesome! :D Hopefully I'll be celebrating with you :xf:

Some of us in the facebook group are trying to get a group rate at Hilton's Homewood for welcome week. I realize some people just got accepted, or are still awaiting a letter but I thought I would put it out there for consideration. It looks like we could do a lot better as a group and it will be here before we know it! So come on over to fb, it's a friendly group!

Yay Elisa - I'm truly happy for you! My mail won't come for several more hours :(

April

P.S. where are you from anyway? I know we all told but I don't remember :)

I'm in southern Missouri, Branson area.

Has anyone else heard anything? Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks...I emailed Mackenzie yesterday but have yet to to receive an answer.

Has anyone else heard anything? Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks...I emailed Mackenzie yesterday but have yet to to receive an answer.

Hey! I've had to really resist the urge to call them, but I did today and David was in a meeting, so I left a voicemail. I'll let you know if I hear anything back, good or bad. :xf:

-Mark

Hi folks,

I spoke with Lindsay this afternoon and she told me that nothing had been mailed out yet, but that it would likely be mailed later today or on Monday. Hopefully we'll hear something back by the middle of next week.