Creighton University-Distant Pathway c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi folks,

I spoke with Lindsay this afternoon and she told me that nothing had been mailed out yet, but that it would likely be mailed later today or on Monday. Hopefully we'll hear something back by the middle of next week.

Thanks for the update! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I also received a reply from Mackenzie who told me they are still meeting & deciding, and will continue to mail out letters through next Friday...so 4 weeks instead of 3 for some lucky folks. :) Good luck to all of us!

-April.:cool:

I'm in southern Missouri, Branson area.

Your Mom was nice enough to offer us a ride to the interview since we stayed in the same hotel. I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet and approach the mailbox with dread each day.

I hope to see you again in Omaha

Dave

Members don't see this ad :)
Your Mom was nice enough to offer us a ride to the interview since we stayed in the same hotel. I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet and approach the mailbox with dread each day.

I hope to see you again in Omaha

Dave

I remember you! Have my fingers crossed that you get good news soon. Keep us posted.

I remember you! Have my fingers crossed that you get good news soon. Keep us posted.

I don't know... I think that if I haven't gotten anything since now, it doesn't look to good.

But I can hope....It would be nice to see you guys again, so I will let ya know.

Looks like you wrote this quite a while ago but wanted to see what kinds of things you researched about the pharmacy school for the interview. I am a a RD and planning to take the Pcat in Sept and then apply but want to be totally ready for the interview as well. What should I expect? thanks,

Looks like you wrote this quite a while ago but wanted to see what kinds of things you researched about the pharmacy school for the interview. I am a a RD and planning to take the Pcat in Sept and then apply but want to be totally ready for the interview as well. What should I expect? thanks,

The interview was very conversational at Creighton, the only real interview-type questions I was directly asked were, "tell us about yourself" and "why did you choose the distance pathway?" I'd recommend you be prepared to discuss your non-academic experiences (i.e. volunteering, work etc) because the interviews were closed-file and they have already looked at your transcripts and pcat. I have volunteered at a dispensary for low-income patients and my interviewers were really psyched about that; we talked about it for most of the interview. They don't quiz you on the school or anything and the interview day activities tell you all about Creighton and its history anyway. Be confident and affirmative and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Hope that is somewhat helpful.

Elisa

Well, its been 4 weeks now and no letter or phone call. I am offically giving up hope. Very depressed :(
Does anyone know how many of the 75 spots have been filled? Maybe from the facebook group?

Well, its been 4 weeks now and no letter or phone call. I am offically giving up hope. Very depressed :(
Does anyone know how many of the 75 spots have been filled? Maybe from the facebook group?

What??? I know you don't really mean that. ;) I was at the last interview as well, and I still haven't heard anything. When I spoke to Lindsay at the career fair a while ago, she did say they were short staffed and gathering from the reply Mackenzie sent you and what medeave said, it just sounds like they're running a little behind schedule.
So it's not over till it's over! No news doesn't equal bad news!

Ha ha, thanks rdhert! I will continue to have a small heart attack every day when I check my mailbox. Just bracing myself for bad news. :confused:

The interview was very conversational at Creighton, the only real interview-type questions I was directly asked were, "tell us about yourself" and "why did you choose the distance pathway?" I'd recommend you be prepared to discuss your non-academic experiences (i.e. volunteering, work etc) because the interviews were closed-file and they have already looked at your transcripts and pcat. I have volunteered at a dispensary for low-income patients and my interviewers were really psyched about that; we talked about it for most of the interview. They don't quiz you on the school or anything and the interview day activities tell you all about Creighton and its history anyway. Be confident and affirmative and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Hope that is somewhat helpful.

Elisa

thanks for that heads up. That helps a ton. I can do conversational interviews for sure. I was a Pharmcy Tech for 12 yrs and have been a RD for 10 yrs now so have tons of background just need a good score on Pcat now. thanks again.
Lisa

It looks like we only have 35 listed in the Class of 2015 on the Facebook page, but maybe some people haven't joined yet.

I know the waiting is the hardest part, but if you haven't had a "no" yet, that means they are still deciding, so don't give up hope. I also know that alternates can be called at the last minute.

Do you have your immunization records? You may want to start working on that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting....and hopeful news - thanks! Yes, I dug up my shot records and see my dr Thursday to get the last of them. This waiting is defintely the hardest part, isn't it? I'm worried about getting loans in time if it is the last minute.

Well, after long anticipation I finally received my letter...I have been placed on the alternate list. Although I'm glad it's not a "no", since welcome week is practically around the corner, it does make me a little nervous and that this is a rejection. Any thoughts??

April1978-have you received your letter yet? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Well, after long anticipation I finally received my letter...I have been placed on the alternate list. Although I'm glad it's not a "no", since welcome week is practically around the corner, it does make me a little nervous and that this is a rejection. Any thoughts??

April1978-have you received your letter yet? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

No, I haven't heard anything. If it comes today (Saturday) I'll be out of town unitl Sunday afternoon too. Congrats on making the alternate list! Remember many (about half I think) of the alternates get chosen. But I agree with you about being nervous. Its such a huge change and requires so much planning and paperwork...it feels like you are leaving everything to the last minute (which I hate! LOL). Its not a rejection though...honestly I think it depends on if others who were accepted decide to go somewhere else...so they want you but there's just not enough room for everyone.

Has anyone else heard anything? I left a message on Lindsay's voicemail Thursday but she hasn't called me back.

I'm an alternate, too.

Me three. Uggh... I thought I'd never hear back from them -- it turns out (after specifically calling to make sure they had the correct address) that they mailed it to my former address, and mail forwarding takes forever -- in fact, Lindsay actually sent another one that got to me quicker than the original!

Anyhow, after my disappointed period, I've decided to take my spot offered at Campbell University and do it the old fashioned way.

I hope you guys hear great news soon!! You guys deserve it for being so patient! :)

--Mark

Well, congrats Mark for at least going to pharmacy school. I feel your disappointment! Unfortunately, another school is not an option for me, but I have nursing school in the works as my back up plan. Good luck!

Hey all, I'm one of the welcome week ambassadors for the incoming distance pharmacy class of 2015 at Creighton. If anybody has any questions about anything, needs help navigating Omaha, or anything in general, feel free to ask me. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back after interviews!

So I see you've been accepted into the Creighton Distance pathway program for this fall...I just started my pre-pharmacy at my local community college and my goal will be to apply to Creighton in 2 years. Did you complete you're pre-pharmacy at a community college?
What things on your application do you think got you accepted? Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated! I am a wife and mother of a 14 month old and also am expecting our second daughter Sept 1st and I will desperately need to be able to get into the distance pathway program seeing as most of my time is devoted to my family, household, and I also work part-time as a Pharmacy Technician.

Yay!! I got a call from Lindsay this morning and she said I've been accepted off the waitlist!!! Better late than never :D

I got in too!! 3 days notice, but I can make it work! See everyone Monday!

How is/was welcome week? I'm a campus pathway student, so I'm just curious as to how it all went.

Welcome week has been overwhelming, informative, and super busy! Our class is awesome and we are just feeling a little nervous about leaving each other to go off on our own and do all this work. I think we're as prepared as we can be because they threw all kinds of information at us, but of course it sounds pretty daunting.

Welcome week has been overwhelming, informative, and super busy! Our class is awesome and we are just feeling a little nervous about leaving each other to go off on our own and do all this work. I think we're as prepared as we can be because they threw all kinds of information at us, but of course it sounds pretty daunting.

I just saw our welcome week schedule yesterday. They were not kidding when they told us to plan do be there everyday all day. Glad it was helpful. I'm packing this weekend and moving to Omaha Monday. I can't wait to get started!

I got in too!! 3 days notice, but I can make it work! See everyone Monday!

I'm so glad it worked out for you!! I got a call (but had to say no) just a day before you, and was really hoping you'd get a spot. I just knew it would happen -- congratulations!! :D Best of luck to you!

I have a question. I am applying to the Distance Pathway this cycle. Does anyone know if Creighton has minimums for the individual sections of the PCAT? How is the test weighed in the application process? I got a 92 composite, but one section was VERY low. I've emailed the school, and they gave me a phone number but with two sick kids I can't call right now. (too much crying). If anyone knows I'd appreciate the information. Thanks.

I have a question. I am applying to the Distance Pathway this cycle. Does anyone know if Creighton has minimums for the individual sections of the PCAT? How is the test weighed in the application process? I got a 92 composite, but one section was VERY low. I've emailed the school, and they gave me a phone number but with two sick kids I can't call right now. (too much crying). If anyone knows I'd appreciate the information. Thanks.

Creighton looks at the student as a whole. They are looking for future leaders in the pharmacy career. My PCAT wasn't the greatest, but I do have a good reason for it, and I'm a campus student. You should be fine.