This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgirl27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow pre-dents!
I started this thread as a means of communication for all those applying to the Creighton University pre-dental post-bacc program. There are some from past years but I didn't see one for this year! I thought it could be a good place for applicants to post questions or updates! Good luck to all applying :)!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought about this program, but decided a SMP/masters > postbacc in terms of competitiveness. This advice was first-hand from an associate dean of a dental school. However if you're trying to get into Creighton's dental school specifically then it's a wise choice.

I've also been told masters programs are a good way to go and am applying to a few, but Creighton is my first choice dental school so I am really hoping for an interview with the post-bacc program!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they will notify you when your file is complete? I haven't heard anything and the deadline is coming up.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they will notify you when your file is complete? I haven't heard anything and the deadline is coming up.
Yes. I applied back in September and it took about a week to hear that my application was complete. I tried calling today to see when they start extending interviews, but no one answered.

Awesome! I haven't heard anything about my application being complete, I sent everything in November, it has me nervous that I didn't get a file complete e-mail though.

I was also wondering about interviews but the call always goes to voicemail. Let me know if you hear any updates :)

I was just extended an invitation to interview today for March 24th!!! Good luck to all of the others who applied.

I also received an invitation on (Feb 15,2015) to interview for March 24 or 31st!! Best of luck to everyone!!!

I received a email yesterday with an invitation for interview on those days as well. I sent out a reply accepting yesterday. Let me know when you all hear back on dates and times so I don't go crazy. Good luck to everyone who's applying. I really want to get into this school!
I'm a Texas resident btw. Where are y'all from?

Does anyone know how many interviews they give out and how many are accepted each term? Thanks :)

Does anyone know if they have sent out all invites already?

I just called the admission office and they said they dont conduct any more interview this cycle.
What program did u guys get the interview for?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called the admission office and they said they dont conduct any more interview this cycle.
What program did u guys get the interview for?
This is for the dental post-bacc program

Reactions: 1 user
do they guarantee a spot if you do certain gap? is it only for URM?

The programs available for anyone to apply, they do have their preferences and their website states what they look for.
If you complete the program with their minimum requirements you are guaranteed a spot in the following dental class

The programs available for anyone to apply, they do have their preferences and their website states what they look for.
If you complete the program with their minimum requirements you are guaranteed a spot in the following dental class

could you provide the link to the website?

The minimum to successfully complete the program is 3.5 gpa, meeting their DAT requirements, showing maturity and professionalism, of course proving that you make it in dental school.
The class size varies but this time around its 5 students

Hello everyone,

So if there hasn't been any emails about interview by today, does that mean that I wasn't able to land an interview? I know I'm academically underqualified but I am dedicated to this career and Creighton post-bac program for dental is on the top of my list. I'm quite desperate to talk to an admission committee member about the program and admission. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

So if there hasn't been any emails about interview by today, does that mean that I wasn't able to land an interview? I know I'm academically underqualified but I am dedicated to this career and Creighton post-bac program for dental is on the top of my list. I'm quite desperate to talk to an admission committee member about the program and admission. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not sure if more interviews will be given out this cycle. You could always try calling or emailing Mr. Vasser and ask, he has always been great with answering my questions.
Have you applied to any other post-bacc programs?

Hey all, just wondering for those of you who got interviews did you get a file complete email ever?
I called a few times to check and see if the program had received all my material but never got through to anyone/never got a response.

Hello everyone,

If you end up not receiving an interview, you should check out Lecom and/or Midwestern's 1 yr Masters program. They have a larger class size so it's a little easier to land an interview. I think they both guarantee interview(not admissions) with a certain GPA.
I hope this helps!

Hey all, just wondering for those of you who got interviews did you get a file complete email ever?
I called a few times to check and see if the program had received all my material but never got through to anyone/never got a response.
I did not receive an email that said my application was complete but I made sure that I sent everything either by mail or by email. What I sent by mail I added a tracking number so I know it got there (for my own peace of mind) and the majority of my emails were responded to. I also called a few times to follow up to make sure they had everything. Hope that helps.

I did not receive an email that said my application was complete but I made sure that I sent everything either by mail or by email. What I sent by mail I added a tracking number so I know it got there (for my own peace of mind) and the majority of my emails were responded to. I also called a few times to follow up to make sure they had everything. Hope that helps.
Ok thanks!

Anyone get anything snail mail? I called the office today and Mr. Vasser said interview invites went out last Friday through snail mail.

Anyone get anything snail mail? I called the office today and Mr. Vasser said interview invites went out last Friday through snail mail.

I got an interview invite via email on 2/15 and a letter in the mail.

Anyone that got interviews have any info on what we will be interviewed on?

Hello all! I've tried to ask about format for the post bac interview...all I know right now is that it's via Skype and Mr. Vasser is still working on the schedule for the 2 interview days. How are you all going to prepare for the interview?!

Hello all! I've tried to ask about format for the post bac interview...all I know right now is that it's via Skype and Mr. Vasser is still working on the schedule for the 2 interview days. How are you all going to prepare for the interview?!
Most of what I'm doing is just reviewing interview questions from dental schools and practicing not being nervous.

Has anyone received an interview time yet? We are getting close to the day, but I've still not heard anything from Mr. Vasser or Dr. Norton.

Has anyone received an interview time yet? We are getting close to the day, but I've still not heard anything from Mr. Vasser or Dr. Norton.
I received an interview date and time yesterday.

I got mine yesterday also! So excited!!!

Also received a date and time on the same day. :) I am so happy to finally hear back. I wonder how long it will take to hear back after interviews about who got accepted.

Does anyone have any idea about what kinds of questions will be asked during the interview? Will it be different than a dental school interview?

I'm doing the same, just answering some common interview questions and reciting them to myself. Where is everybody from?! I'm new to Omaha and am excited about possibly meeting people that are doing what I'm doing :)

I'm doing the same, just answering some common interview questions and reciting them to myself. Where is everybody from?! I'm new to Omaha and am excited about possibly meeting people that are doing what I'm doing :)
I'm from the Pacific Northwest - Washington.

Hi y'all! I'm from Deep South Texas, just 20 miles north of Mexico

I'm from Southeastern North Carolina.

Interview is over and I think it went well!!! They didn't really ask a lot of questions though, so we will see. Good luck to everyone who still needs to interview. :)

Reactions: 2 users
I had the same experience. The interview was quick and very relax. Good luck to everyone!

I had some technical difficulties at first but very laid back for me too! What other post bac programs did you guys apply to? Or masters program?

How did you find out? There's not going to be a email? Only a letter?

I got an acceptance via email today. I'm out of town so I don't know if it was sent by postal mail as well, but the letter in the email stated that it was sent out on April 1st. Good Luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an acceptance via email also today. It looks like they sent out a letter as well on April 1st.