Crestfallen and unsure of what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangecremely

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please don’t quote this...
You should put this on your app. Most start-ups are not successful and its failure does not suggest incompetency on your part. You likely gained valuable skills and lessons from this project. I would focus on these instead when talking about this endeavor. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 9 users
We tend to learn more from our failures than our successes. If you're not "failing" on a regular basis you're not trying hard enough, so kudos for taking the gamble. Definitely put it on your app. What you have to show for it (aside from the competition win, which is great) are the lessons you've learned from the experience. Sit down, articulate all that you've learned from working on the startup (e.g. working on a team, leadership, etc...), and write it down. This should hopefully give you some good stuff to talk about on essays and/or interviews to show how much you've grown from the experience and how it could help you in your future endeavors.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I do put it on my app, adcoms will think that I’m incapable. Help! What should I do? All other areas on my app are pretty balanced.
You are overthinking this big time.

You also have no understanding of what adcoms think either.

The startup is not a reflection of your self-worth, nor your value as a human being either.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users