crisp avatars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDarwin

Naturally selected
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do some of you people have such clear avatars while abiding by the pixel/file size constraints? Are there some techy tricks that I don't know about? I have a 4.0 megapixel camera, and I can't imagine everyone else has one of higher resolution.

Members don't see this ad.

DrDarwin said:
How do some of you people have such clear avatars while abiding by the pixel/file size constraints? Are there some techy tricks that I don't know about? I have a 4.0 megapixel camera, and I can't imagine everyone else has one of higher resolution.

It's all about how much you're trying to show

Also if your avatar is like real color as opposed to just 256 colors it's going to be bigger.

Members don't see this ad :)
Use photoshop or the like to make it 72 dpi and fit the pixel width/lengths.

DrDarwin said:

You can always become an SDN angel/donor, I think it gives you a larger avatar in file size and dimensions. Something like that...

Jus' say the magic word :)