Critique my personals ad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VenusinFurs

I am tired, I am weary
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I have decided to write a personals ad based on my recent dating experiences as a semi-attractive and semi-nice resident in a poorly populated area!

Hello! I am a kind of hot doctor who is kind of nice and I am single and ready to mingle! Do you meet some or all of these criteria? Then maybe we will get along!

- maybe shower most days?
- know where the clitoris is located, roughly
- try not to be actively horrible

The following would be a plus:

-agree to drive some of the time when we go places together
-don't eat most of the pizza I order and pay for on several occasions, as well as several home cooked meals I make for you, and then complain that waitstaff at restaurants often bring us one check.
-don't yell at me for "having expectations" when I ask if you'd like to skype and you live far away
-don't say "I like ribs" when I say I like you

What do you all think?
 
Hey guys I have decided to write a personals ad based on my recent dating experiences as a semi-attractive and semi-nice resident in a poorly populated area!

Hello! I am a kind of hot doctor who is kind of nice and I am single and ready to mingle! Do you meet some or all of these criteria? Then maybe we will get along!

- maybe shower most days?
- know where the clitoris is located, roughly
- try not to be actively horrible

The following would be a plus:

-agree to drive some of the time when we go places together
-don't eat most of the pizza I order and pay for on several occasions, as well as several home cooked meals I make for you, and then complain that waitstaff at restaurants often bring us one check.
-don't yell at me for "having expectations" when I ask if you'd like to skype and you live far away
-don't say "I like ribs" when I say I like you

What do you all think?

It's funny, I like that. Also looks like you have low expectations. Why not ask for a pic too and make being employed in a full-time job one of the criteria? Then you're less likely to respond to someone who you don't find attractive or who may be a social misfit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ha ha ha

I mean, I do have low expectations, but this is not actually an ad I'm going to post. What I am trying to say is I have had some not great experiences.

oh okay lol, I thought you were going to post that. Why don't you pay for a more selective matchmaking agency? After all, wouldn't you want someone with a similar socioeconomic level and educational background?
 
Hey guys I have decided to write a personals ad based on my recent dating experiences as a semi-attractive and semi-nice resident in a poorly populated area!

Hello! I am a kind of hot doctor who is kind of nice and I am single and ready to mingle! Do you meet some or all of these criteria? Then maybe we will get along!

- maybe shower most days?
- know where the clitoris is located, roughly
- try not to be actively horrible

The following would be a plus:

-agree to drive some of the time when we go places together
-don't eat most of the pizza I order and pay for on several occasions, as well as several home cooked meals I make for you, and then complain that waitstaff at restaurants often bring us one check.
-don't yell at me for "having expectations" when I ask if you'd like to skype and you live far away
-don't say "I like ribs" when I say I like you

What do you all think?
 
Last edited:
Thank god this is a joke. Believe it or not I have actually seen serious profiles on okcupid that look like the OP. Some people need serious social skills training.
 
Thank god this is a joke. Believe it or not I have actually seen serious profiles on okcupid that look like the OP. Some people need serious social skills training.
I had the same problem..when I first read the op's post (didn't read the entire thread)
 
"I want someone who doesn't play games" is an insta-NOPE for me.

But like, seriously, is it not obvious I am joking? Maybe I need to work on my jokes 🙁


I mean I'm not joking that dating is horrible and anxiety inducing
 
"I want someone who doesn't play games" is an insta-NOPE for me.

But like, seriously, is it not obvious I am joking? Maybe I need to work on my jokes 🙁


I mean I'm not joking that dating is horrible and anxiety inducing
Let me love you baby.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad