CRNA Or Anesthesiologist ? Should I Transition ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatiaRayanna

Future CRNA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys !! I'm Currently In College For Nursing. I Want To Be An Anesthesiologist, But When I Jobshadowed One & An CRNA. CRNA Makes The Same Amount Of Money As An Anesthesiologist, The Only Difference Is One Is A Nurse & The Other Is A Doctor. CRNA Is Less Education Years As Well. My Plan Was To Become An CRNA For Awhile Then Go Back To School & Transition To Anesthesiologist. Based On What I've Read I Should Just Do My BSN, Work As An RN For A Year, Then Go Back To School For CRNA Which Is 2 Years.

Is Anyone An CRNA Or Anthesiologist ? Please Comment Your Experiences & If I Am Making The Right Decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You must be new here. Just some warnings, one, a overwhelming majority of us are anesthesiologists or anesthesiology residents (and not CRNAs). Two, the people who come onto SDN tend to be the anal-retentive/cream-of-crop type (average test scores here run high) and are not pushovers like some maybe in real-life. Three: We will tolerate talk about CRNAs, but don't come swinging at us, if you don't want to get into a fight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.