cryptocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just bought POA - #124 in overall cap - recently listed on Binance (couple of months ago) - looking for a pump any day - then I gotta know when to dump!

I posted the following back on March 3rd. POA & Zil have at least doubled since then. I'm expecting 5-10x gains by end of year. These are coins to hold, though.

Scalability and interoperability will be the theme of 2018. Some coins to look into IF YOU HOLD are wanchain, zilliqa, and POA.
 
ImageUploadedBySDN1525722686.156429.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were old money, I wouldn’t like bitcoin either.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Why would they care? It's not like they are holding those billions of dollars in cash. Their "money" is in stock and ownership of corporations. It would be worth the same if bitcoin magically became the single international currency tomorrow. Just because the mechanism of transferring value changes doesn't mean Berkshire-Hathaway stock would just be worth nothing overnight. It would just become valued in whatever the new currency is. It would be worth 50 million Bitcoins or whatever and that would be that.
 
Why would they care? It's not like they are holding those billions of dollars in cash. Their "money" is in stock and ownership of corporations. It would be worth the same if bitcoin magically became the single international currency tomorrow. Just because the mechanism of transferring value changes doesn't mean Berkshire-Hathaway stock would just be worth nothing overnight. It would just become valued in whatever the new currency is. It would be worth 50 million Bitcoins or whatever and that would be that.

That's right, because, it's a hedge. From the viewpoint of that sort of person, why not? I've already have far more $ than I can use productively in investments (you got a 8% guaranteed return investment, Warren would to know). Even if they lose their investment, it's not as if they are losing their shirts. Also, BRK has specifically written in corporate shields due to their ownership of General Re. General Re is probably the biggest potential liability that BRK has (think about the counterparty risk). Short of basically economic collapse (and only in destruction scenarios), BRK has enough ownership of critical infrastructure that they'll manage. This risk is paltry comparatively as its neither a state party risk nor a counterparty risk.

I have nothing in BitCoin, but from the holding standpoint, if the Zeta Cartel backs it, that's arguably as good as a state actor. The only group that Anonymous has ever backed off from due to the fact that those cartels are pretty serious about ordering kidnappers and hitmen on those trolls (and apparently did so on a couple of them in the States). The cost to holding Bitcoin is like holding cash in during the Wild West era. All good to have this cash, except WellsFargo gets routinely robbed by Butch Cassidy wannabes and there is a blood price to be paid in defense. There's that kind of theft by good hackers, and then there is 61398 type outfits. When state actors get in on the robberies, it'll be very difficult to fight against intelligent Russian and Chinese hackers.

It's an investment, but the lucrative nature is risky, this is definitely not a sure thing. I wish I had your bravery, I just have to make it the old fashioned way.

So Dr. G and Carol are the same s-poster? Weird, wonder why the obsession with plain ole us?
 
@owlegrad: I've been trying to get Dr. G banned for awhile. Any idea what finally did it?

Can't wait to see the next incarnation.
 
@owlegrad: I've been trying to get Dr. G banned for awhile. Any idea what finally did it?

Can't wait to see the next incarnation.

Is there really any mystery? Isn't the real question what took so long?

There was no straw that broke the camels back, we simply got around to actually doing what everyone knew was coming. 😉
 
Will Bitcoin finally break through 6500 or is this yet another buying point?
 
So who has actually made money from BTC so far? When did you buy, @ what price and have you sold them?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's already well known I practically called the top.

Sold out of my gbtc position today. It's moving too much away from Bitcoin movement this month. Will get in after a correction. Its up over 300% in the past 3 months alone.

December 13th
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, where are the HODLers of these sh1tcoins? Suddenly mum? Post a pic of your losses for all to see 🙂 I mean 15 pages of sh1tcoins going to the moon gotta mean something right? Keep entertaining us.
 
Hey, where are the HODLers of these sh1tcoins? Suddenly mum? Post a pic of your losses for all to see 🙂 I mean 15 pages of sh1tcoins going to the moon gotta mean something right? Keep entertaining us.

Maybe they sold them for profits and bought back again now?
 
As usual, people only have something to say when they make money. When the losers don't make money, room is dead silence.

We will see them again if this sh1tcoins ever go back up so they can brag again, until then...
 
Um why would people talk about their losses?

It was the same the other way around. When it went from 1k to 20k no one was talking crap since they missed out. I was obviously in it making a ton of money.

Personally I still think this is 50/50 on which way it goes from here. We've essentially gone no where except moving from here and 10k and I guarantee traders made money going up and down.

You could buy half here and sell around 8k for an easy 20% gain and if it falls to 4k put the other half it and wait until it goes back to this level for another easy gain.

One thing for sure though, this isn't going down in a straight line. There will be huge swings continuing both ways.
 
When it went 1k to 20k, this thread has 15 pages, and you bragged you made money, just like everyone else. When the graph starts going down, someone losing money, the thread is dead LMAO. No one is posting they make ton's of money anymore. People just like to say "I told you so" after the fact, for that e-peen boost. But, if they lose money, would they come here and say "Hey, guys I bought at 15k, it's now 6k". Where are those people? It's just like at a party someone always wins but never tell their loses. SMH

Post your trade pic buying now and sell at 8k. Don't wait after the fact. Post now. It's easy money. :uhno:

Tell me what I don't already know? Trader making money going up and down and they never lose money lol? There will be huge swings on ANY securities lol?
One thing for sure, I ain't touching sh1tcoins ever.
 
Wow the egos are really coming out right now.

I really hope this goes back to 20k but like I said it's 50/50.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends on how stupid people are. And stupid is in abundant supply. If enough people get behind a speculative asset...it very well could go through the roof again.

This has nothing to do with stupidity. What actually needs to happen is more big investors need to get in. Have you seen the total amount of trades recently? It's extremely low which is why it's so easily manipulated.

I doubt I ever get back in, at this point I just want to see reactions when this goes back up. I'm the only one here saying no one knows which way this will go.

Like I've been saying the only reason people hate on this is because they missed out.
 
Last edited:
This has nothing to do with stupidity. What actually needs to happen is more big investors need to get in. Have you seen the total amount of trades recently? It's extremely low which is why it's so easily manipulated.

I doubt I ever get back in, at this point I just want to see reactions when this goes back up. I'm the only one here saying no one knows which way this will go.

Like I've been saying the only reason people hate on this is because they missed out.

I don't get angry at Powerball millionaires. I "missed out" on that, too. Now imagine if Powerball millionaires paraded around acting like they used their brains to correctly pick the numbers.

Basically what we have here. And why we are all rolling our collective eyes.
 
Clearly you can't see my point.

Your action speaks for itself. If you really think bitcoin has a 50/50 chance to go to the moon, then why are you not buying and taking a chance?

What is a measly $10, 20 k going to do for you? If it does go to the moon, imagine how much of an impact $500 k will have on your life. The fact that you are not buying tells me you don’t really believe there is a 50/50 chance.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Last edited:
Your action speaks for itself. If you really think bitcoin has a 50/50 chance to go to the moon, then why are you not buying and taking a chance?

What is a measly $10, 20 k going to do for you? If it does go to the moon, imagine how much of an impact $500 k will have on your life. The fact that you are not buying tells me you don’t really believe there is a 50/50 chance.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How does that make any sense? Why would I put money into something I'm not confident in instead of a stock I like?

I'm not a Bitcoin bull. I'm a momentum trader which is why I have always made a ton off FANG plus the other tech stocks. I think Bitcoin is useless and don't expect it to go to the moon. Could it? Sure.

I just think it's foolish to write it off.

If I wanted to trade it I already said what the best thing to do is. Half now then half again if it falls since it's not going down in a straight line. It's just not the best place for my money right now.
 
Last edited:
Saying "nobody knows what will happen" is axiomatic, unless someone is psychic. Nobody ever knows what will happen in the future.

Saying "50/50" odds of an event happening isn't much better. It's just a way of saying you don't know what the odds actually are so you will go down the middle.
 
Maybe people don't post ITT anymore because they're tired of reading your dumb AF opinions.

Crypto is still in it's infancy, so I won't completely rule it out yet. I'm still holding my original purchases, but I haven't looked at my losses (might be about 50%, eyeballing current prices). I'm not a day trading type guy, nor do I try to time the market. I bought these as long term investments... but if they go to zero who cares, it cost me less than <1k.
 
Saying "nobody knows what will happen" is axiomatic, unless someone is psychic. Nobody ever knows what will happen in the future.

Saying "50/50" odds of an event happening isn't much better. It's just a way of saying you don't know what the odds actually are so you will go down the middle.

That's pretty much my point and why I'm staying out. Anyone who says this is going to zero simply needs to get over themselves and realize that as much as they want to be right since they missed out on the huge gains, it's going to be a while before Bitcoin goes away.....it might not.

There's a huge difference between getting in now and being in during it's huge momentum phase. Was there a chance I would lose a ton? Sure but my chances were pretty good. It wasnt betting red or black.

The most important thing is it worked out.
 
Hahahaha you guys are still into this scam? I got my money and got out. Enjoy your fake internet money.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do wonder what the true bottom would be. There will always be the weirdo Bitcoin zealots that will prop it up due to ideology. They will give up on oxygen before they give up on Bitcoin.

It will bottom out around $2-4 k. Too many bad news, no good news.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I do wonder what the true bottom would be. There will always be the weirdo Bitcoin zealots that will prop it up due to ideology. They will give up on oxygen before they give up on Bitcoin.

So true. Had someone asking what coins to invest in for their children's future school funding (crypto 529 essentially). Blew my friggen mind.

With the way crypto is right now... I think it's one of the riskiest (& stupid) things I've ever heard. I suggested investing in a standard vanguard 529... the responses were nothing short of breathtaking.
 
I don’t really understand the self-righteousness displayed here. There are smart investors (some smarter than you and I) on both sides making calculated bets (and dumb decisions). There are also cases for and against cryptocurrency/blockchain adoption depending on the use case and sector. Why don’t you guys relax?
 
I don’t really understand the self-righteousness displayed here. There are smart investors (some smarter than you and I) on both sides making calculated bets (and dumb decisions). There are also cases for and against cryptocurrency/blockchain adoption depending on the use case and sector. Why don’t you guys relax?

What is the big deal about people being passionate about something? At the end of the day, we don't affect the results. We are just observers. Lets also face it....people love about being right and that is fine too. I want to hear what people are thinking and betting on. It might change my mind.