cryptocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Libra isn't even Crypto. It's a digital token system Facebook is going to use to drive advertising sales. Plenty of companies have been doing this for years. It's like "bits" on Twitch. Not revolutionary and just the kind of thing to pump up demand for Crypto before it crashes again under unreasonable expectations.

Well I sold my bitcoins last night aright after the outage. Who knows if it was a good time to sell but I bought 1.5 bitcoin at 5800 dollars and sold at 12,500 dollars.

I actually had 3.2 bitcoin but I sold some last month also. I have made a lot of money from cryptocurrency. Funny thing is - I don’t even understand what it is.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is definitely a joke. Bitcoin will reach at least $50,000 by the end of 2020. Mark my word. The first cryptocurrency is not going anywhere. It pops back up every time a so-called analyst says its dead. In fact, I need them to keep bashing it. The more the do the faster it's going mainstream.
 
This is definitely a joke. Bitcoin will reach at least $50,000 by the end of 2020. Mark my word. The first cryptocurrency is not going anywhere. It pops back up every time a so-called analyst says its dead. In fact, I need them to keep bashing it. The more the do the faster it's going mainstream.

No...

I made something like 10k from bitcoin
In the summer of 2019. However I would not attribute it to me being a savvy investor - instead I would say that I was very lucky and I was watching my bitcoin almost every minute of the day. This was right after I was let go from my job so I had some extra time.

Bitcoin is currently a slot machine.
 
Last edited:
You “invested” in bitcoin after being laid off?

Well I am glad it worked out for you.

I did - I had a lot of money in my pocket at the time after I sold my house and I was willing to gamble a little of it on shorting bitcoin. I had nothing but time on my hands for about 4 weeks and I had this “gut feeling” about bitcoin. However, I had no idea what it was or how it works. I just pulled a straight up Kenny Rogers style gamble and won.

I do not recommend this approach.. I also would not call it an investment. I just did it.

I bought it in March and I sold it in June of 2019
 
Last edited:
I did - I had a lot of money in my pocket at the time after I sold my house and I was willing to gamble a little of it on shorting bitcoin. I had nothing but time on my hands for about 4 weeks and I had this “gut feeling” about bitcoin. However, I had no idea what it was or how it works. I just pulled a straight up Kenny Rogers style gamble and won.

I do not recommend this approach.. I also would not call it an investment. I just did it.

I bought it in April and I sold it in June of 2019
Why didn't you just put it all on black?

Same chances.
 
Well... I didn’t put it “all on black”. But In hind sight I wish I would have cause I would be in a much better spot if I had.


The only reason I was ever in Bitcoin was due to huge momentum. I also called the top almost to the day.
 
The only reason I was ever in Bitcoin was due to huge momentum. I also called the top almost to the day.

Same here. I would say I called the 2019 peak.. see my post above on June 27th.. I sold mine on June 26th.

It was, however sheer luck.. Absolutely no skill went into it and I just accidentally made a good chunk of change.
 
It wouldn't be a bad idea to put $1000 of play money into crypto of your choice. I mean if you loose it you loose it, but just in case you might end up hitting a home run.

Personally find the whole concept incredibly stupid but I still don't deny the potential.
 
It wouldn't be a bad idea to put $1000 of play money into crypto of your choice. I mean if you loose it you loose it, but just in case you might end up hitting a home run.

Personally find the whole concept incredibly stupid but I still don't deny the potential.
$1k?

So it goes to 70,000 and you only get $10k? Not worth the waste.

Gotta make it worthwhile.
 
This forum helped me a lot so I am sharing this info with everyone here. In 2018 they sold 24k bitcoins destroying the price. Here is the link MtGox Cold Wallet Address Monitor - CryptoGround

This exchange still has 137,891 bitcoins left. The trustee that sold the 24k coins just died recently. Imagine what would happen to the price if they get sold. Also, they been printing tether to make bitcoin price go up and there is no evidence that they have enough money in their account to balance their books. Satoshi's bitcoins also still in their wallets and who knows when they will get sold.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those who got into cryptocurrency....what happened?

Did you make any money?

Did you sell or still holding?

Bitcoin peaked at $20,000 in 2017.
 
I jumped in litecoin at 150 after listening to a friend about crypto....then I bought another 5 litecoin at 250 so my average is around 200 for 10 coins...Holding bag at this moment, but I am just gonna wait til it hit 1000 as some dude predicted...Wish me luck

Litecoin is now $46.
 
Invested about 20k last month, now have about 45k. Just started day trading a few days ago. Gains will increase faster now. Goal is 1 million by end of 2018. Not joking.

"The Herd is coming" - Micheal Novogratz

If you follow logical trading plan, not difficult to make 100% to 500% profit within a few weeks on well chosen coins.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Goal is to hit $1M by the end of 2018!??
 
I see crypto as a gamble. You might luck out or you might not. I think the odd is against you tho.

Roll the dice. If this is your only way out of CVS, then it might worth the risk. Just be prepared to get out sooner than later.

I am certain it is in a bubble. The question is...is it in the 5th or 9th inning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this fool got it right.
 
Why are all these people who are afraid to take some risks coming to the crypto thread and saying this is a horrible idea?

We get it, you don't understand. I made a boat load of money last year in this. This thread was made so people would stop posting in the investment thread.

Go say it's a bad idea there and sorry you missed out.

And you didn’t want to invest in Tesla, NIO. You know...companies with actual products.
 
And you didn’t want to invest in Tesla, NIO. You know...companies with actual products.

You must be bored if you are replying to nearly 2 year old posts. Don't be jealous that I called the top of crypto and made a ton of money.

Also sorry, I'm done arguing on this site.
 
Doesn't SDN frown upon necroposting? These comments are from 2018 and 2017.

Please don't spam.
 
You must be bored if you are replying to nearly 2 year old posts. Don't be jealous that I called the top of crypto and made a ton of money.

Also sorry, I'm done arguing on this site.

Did you? You were still promoting after the bubble has popped.

It wasn’t just you. I think this thread is a good read for investors. Hype was thru the roof. I am talking about pharmacists, dentists, physicians here, not your average 9-5 Joe.
 
When will BTC hit 5000? 3000-5000 would be a buy! My guess is around December. People would take their loss as a tax deduction.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wow I can’t believe I am reading this. This fool predicted the bottom: $3000-5000 December 2018:

IMG_5778.png
 
When will BTC hit 5000? 3000-5000 would be a buy! My guess is around December. People would take their loss as a tax deduction.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Make sure you post when you buy, I'll match whatever you put in.

I really just want to buy that house together in some tropical area.


I know BMB isn't here anymore to confirm this... ..

but we did buy that house together.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still can’t believe some people sinked their life saving in these magical coins. If it wasn’t for some contrarians, more people would lose their hard earned money.

Now the hype is gone. There needs to be some major breakthrough in technology for bitcoin to rise again. It got a good story. People love anti government sentiment and doom stories.
 
We know you're always right. I get it. Its when you act like this I'm glad you're banned.

I don’t see how blaming someone who got it right and warned others about this bubble is a bad thing?

I know plenty of people who loss a fortune on bitcoin but it serves a very important lesson for others to learn so they won’t make the same financial mistake.

It is fair to hold some people accountable for hyping it and making a fortune off the loss of others.
 
I don’t see how blaming someone who got it right and warned others about this bubble is a bad thing?

I know plenty of people who loss a fortune on bitcoin but it serves a very important lesson for others to learn so they won’t make the same financial mistake.

It is fair to hold some people accountable for hyping it and making a fortune off the loss of others.
Sold out of my gbtc position today. It's moving too much away from Bitcoin movement this month.

They actually should have listened to me then.

Saying 3 to 5k is a bottom but not having the balls to make a fortune off its then recovery back to 10k makes that BMB only look foolish wherever he may be.

It just means he didn't actually believe in his "prediction"

That's why I said I'd match him if he wants to buy in.
 
Last edited:
I didn't know Bitcoin was still a thing until today when it was trending on Yahoo finance. Is BTC-USD like a stock for Bitcoin? Why is it at an all time high right now?
 
The chart looks identical to the last crash! Same time of year too.

And just like last time, there is still no use for it outside of speculation and trying not to be the greatest fool.

I haven't kept up, have they updated things so that the entire bitcoin system won't collapse when quantum computers get really powerful to the point where your wallet will be able to be brute forced?
 
Last time I heard, they are giving out 6% interest a year.. Pretty good if true.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There ain't no way in hell I'm reading all of that. Can we get a summary?
TLDR

If Bitcoin were to become that monetary store of value (and it currently appears to be the strongest contender by some margin), it could be worth USD 260,000 – 800,000 per BTC, i.e., 20 – 60x its current value. If one places a higher than ~5% chance of Bitcoin succeeding in this way, it is a rational and attractive investment for a long-term investor before considering other potential upsides stemming from payments and unit of account utility. Investing in other cryptoassets based on use cases other than monetary store of value appears less compelling.
 
TLDR

If Bitcoin were to become that monetary store of value (and it currently appears to be the strongest contender by some margin), it could be worth USD 260,000 – 800,000 per BTC, i.e., 20 – 60x its current value. If one places a higher than ~5% chance of Bitcoin succeeding in this way, it is a rational and attractive investment for a long-term investor before considering other potential upsides stemming from payments and unit of account utility. Investing in other cryptoassets based on use cases other than monetary store of value appears less compelling.
I have 3 coins. HODL