You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
cryptocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)
Started by Dred Pirate
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
I personally feel they want a global currency and btc could be it. Early stages.![]()
Pornhub is now only accepting cryptocurrency for its premium service
After Visa and Mastercard both pulled off support for payments on Pornhub, the adult website is now only accepting payments in cryptocurrency.tech.hindustantimes.com
This changes my opinion about crypto, it's legit.
Cathie wood says 500k per coin is possible
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
Xlm is a crypto.So is buying MARA, RIOT, XLM etc the same as buying crypto now? They are stocks but they're crypto? I don't get it.
I'm willing to gamble a little on XLM, seems cheap enough.
Mara I have no idea
Xlm is a crypto.
Mara I have no idea
So XLM is a crypto even though it's traded on the stock market? Is this like how GLD and SLV are like buying gold and silver but not really?
XLM stock ticker has nothing to do with XLM the cryptocurrency. RIOT and MARA are crypto mining companies that have gone publicSo XLM is a crypto even though it's traded on the stock market? Is this like how GLD and SLV are like buying gold and silver but not really?
I'm sure people are waiting in the wings to say I told you so when it dropsDamn why is no one talking about Bitcoin? It hit 25k. I know someone who YOLO'd everything at 9k this year and he's up 100k profit now.
The only utility I got with btc was to get $9000 back on a gambling win (Biden bet). Sold it immediately.XLM stock ticker has nothing to do with XLM the cryptocurrency. RIOT and MARA are crypto mining companies that have gone public
I'm sure people are waiting in the wings to say I told you so when it drops
It can go to 100k, or 0 for all I care, I won't hold a sh1t coin.
That's fair and down to your risk tolerance. Just don't really see why you're so opposed to even allocating 1%The only utility I got with btc was to get $9000 back on a gambling win (Biden bet). Sold it immediately.
It can go to 100k, or 0 for all I care, I won't hold a sh1t coin.
XLM stock ticker has nothing to do with XLM the cryptocurrency. RIOT and MARA are crypto mining companies that have gone public
I'm sure people are waiting in the wings to say I told you so when it drops
Thanks. I'm guessing it's too late to enter now?
Would be hesitant to buy in at these prices - it's gone parabolic in the past couple weeks and there's a good deal of downside risk (though I expect the rally to continue). There's some tailwinds the bode well in the longer term (balanced by regulatory/political risk) - BTC supply was halved early this year, institutional investors have taken or are taking positions causing a supply squeeze, massive stimulus causing some flight to alternative assetsThanks. I'm guessing it's too late to enter now?
If you want a good entry I would wait until after the New Year - typically there's a selloff as people work around the tax code. In the last crash that was around Jan 15 but this run isn't perpetrated by retail investors this time around, so who knows. My expectation is that it would drop to around 20-25k but obviously that's a gigantic range and I'm no wizard
Would be hesitant to buy in at these prices - it's gone parabolic in the past couple weeks and there's a good deal of downside risk (though I expect the rally to continue). There's some tailwinds the bode well in the longer term (balanced by regulatory/political risk) - BTC supply was halved early this year, institutional investors have taken or are taking positions causing a supply squeeze, massive stimulus causing some flight to alternative assets
If you want a good entry I would wait until after the New Year - typically there's a selloff as people work around the tax code. In the last crash that was around Jan 15 but this run isn't perpetrated by retail investors this time around, so who knows. My expectation is that it would drop to around 20-25k but obviously that's a gigantic range and I'm no wizard
Thanks man. When did you buy in? You must be ballin' now.
Honestly I fell victim to the crash a few years ago but I held on and added to keep my exposure at 25%. Bought a decent chunk during the March/April bear market - 6 trillion stimulus means inflation of your USD whether now or later (although proponents of MMT will disagree)Thanks man. When did you buy in? You must be ballin' now.
You just have to ask yourself whether you believe in a digital currency not owned by any sovereign and take the dive at the level of risk you're willing to stomach - for me that was a yes and 25%
It's my (and others') thesis that in the coming years banks, asset managers, trading firms and traditional cos will increase their holdings (they're people too, vulnerable to FOMO-ing on the backs of Square and MicroStrategy. Grayscale BTC Trust is getting tremendous inflows from cos such as Guggenheim who entered ~10-15k). Even at low % allocations it's a massive shift in BTC price. Also believe there will be heavy regulations e.g., robust tracking of transactions, but think the chosen regulations will legitimize BTC instead of destroy it
Last edited:
Honestly I fell victim to the crash a few years ago but I held on and added to keep my exposure at 25%. Bought a decent chunk during the March/April bear market - 6 trillion stimulus means inflation of your USD whether now or later (although proponents of MMT will disagree)
You just have to ask yourself whether you believe in a digital currency not owned by any sovereign and take the dive at the level of risk you're willing to stomach - for me that was a yes and 25%
It's my (and others') thesis that in the coming years banks, asset managers, trading firms and traditional cos will increase their holdings (they're people too, vulnerable to FOMO-ing on the backs of Square and MicroStrategy. Grayscale BTC Trust is getting tremendous inflows from cos such as Guggenheim who entered ~10-15k). Even at low % allocations it's a massive shift in BTC price. Also believe there will be heavy regulations e.g., robust tracking of transactions, but think the chosen regulations will legitimize BTC instead of destroy it
Wow you've got diamond hands for holding this whole time!
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
Hey I did too! I added this year, not at the March and April lows tho.Wow you've got diamond hands for holding this whole time!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you hold this crazy ****, I'd sell it ASAP. It ain't worth nothing until you cash it out. It still holds zero utility outside of use on the dark web to buy illegal goods and services. And apparently porn hub takes it. It's still a 100% speculative asset.
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
You're crazy to not have 1% of your net worth in it btc.If you hold this crazy ****, I'd sell it ASAP. It ain't worth nothing until you cash it out. It still holds zero utility outside of use on the dark web to buy illegal goods and services. And apparently porn hub takes it. It's still a 100% speculative asset.
Adaption is coming. You know there are crypto debjt cards now. You can pay with crypto. Gwt crypto as cash back. Use crypto as collateral for loans. Send crypto for payment like PayPal.
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
Hit 28.2k LOL pullback slightly now.Bitcoin 27.5k now LoL.
Sounds a lot like 2017 last time this happened.You're crazy to not have 1% of your net worth in it btc.
Adaption is coming. You know there are crypto debjt cards now. You can pay with crypto. Gwt crypto as cash back. Use crypto as collateral for loans. Send crypto for payment like PayPal.
If crypto takes over, a better coin will need to emerge, anyway. There is still the possibility of a high qubit quantum computer some day in the not too far off future being able to brute force your private key.
I stay far, far away from the stuff. Good luck, anyway.
I just sold 75% between 20-27k of what i have- net gain of 250%- holding a little incase the big dip doesn't come. Assuming it comes, I will buy in again low and wait for the next big run up
What platform are you using? Same question for anyone else who is holding.I just sold 75% between 20-27k of what i have- net gain of 250%- holding a little incase the big dip doesn't come. Assuming it comes, I will buy in again low and wait for the next big run up
coinbase /gdaxWhat platform are you using? Same question for anyone else who is holding.
use to use binance - made good money off their binance coin back in 2017. XRP was my big winner early on, pulled out my original principle, so everything now is just house money. Have like 8k in now, so not much, but enough to play with.
Is there really any point of having 1%?You're crazy to not have 1% of your net worth in it btc.
Adaption is coming. You know there are crypto debjt cards now. You can pay with crypto. Gwt crypto as cash back. Use crypto as collateral for loans. Send crypto for payment like PayPal.
A millionaire would have 10k. Are you expecting it to go up 10x?
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
YesIs there really any point of having 1%?
A millionaire would have 10k. Are you expecting it to go up 10x?
You do realize the only reason we even have crypto is because a bunch of people decided it would be funny to trick everyone into thinking this is actually useful right?
None of the big time holders actually believe in it, they just know they can find enough suckers to buy it.
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
Alright.You do realize the only reason we even have crypto is because a bunch of people decided it would be funny to trick everyone into thinking this is actually useful right?
None of the big time holders actually believe in it, they just know they can find enough suckers to buy it.
You do realize the only reason we even have crypto is because a bunch of people decided it would be funny to trick everyone into thinking this is actually useful right?
None of the big time holders actually believe in it, they just know they can find enough suckers to buy it.
This is why everyone says pharmacists are not risk takers. You keep telling us how rich you are, how losing 10k is nothing to you. Yet you want us to only pick blue chip stocks for your contest cause you're afraid of losing 1k so which is it?? You're up 6k mostly from the growth stocks we chose for you. Also weren't you buying GBTC back in Dec 2017?
This is why everyone says pharmacists are not risk takers. You keep telling us how rich you are, how losing 10k is nothing to you. Yet you want us to only pick blue chip stocks for your contest cause you're afraid of losing 1k so which is it?? You're up 6k mostly from the growth stocks we chose for you. Also weren't you buying GBTC back in Dec 2017?
I already responded to the 10k part. I will repeat that last bit though. Feel free to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into momentum positions and see how you feel every day it falls by percentage points.
Yes I bought gbtc because I saw momentum and wanted to make some easy money. I also timed it perfectly.
Anyone investing in crypto should be doing it solely for the momentum not because they've been fooled until thinking this is actually going to be around in the future.
I don't individually invest really anymore so I didn't watch crypto this time.
Those tulips smell good, I understand
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already responded to the 10k part. I will repeat that last bit though. Feel free to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into momentum positions and see how you feel every day it falls by percentage points.
Yes I bought gbtc because I saw momentum and wanted to make some easy money. I also timed it perfectly.
Anyone investing in crypto should be doing it solely for the momentum not because they've been fooled until thinking this is actually going to be around in the future.
I don't individually invest really anymore so I didn't watch crypto this time.
Those tulips smell good, I understand
Who here is investing hundreds of thousands of dollars on crypto? Poster above said 1%.
So it's cool for you to buy GBTC because of "momentum", yet everyone else here is a sucker? Got it! That's great that you're so good at market timing, how much did you get BABA for again? How was that momentum play?
Institutions are buying now, things are different this time. Did you know GBTC a top 6 holding in ARKW? Is Cathie Wood a sucker too??
Last edited:
Who here is investing hundreds of thousands of dollars on crypto? Poster above said 1%.
So it's cool for you to buy GBTC because of "momentum", yet everyone else here is a sucker? Got it! That's great that you're so good at market timing, how much did you get BABA for again? How was that momentum play?
Institutions are buying now, things are different this time. Did you know GBTC a top 6 holding in ARKW? Is Cathie Wood a sucker too??
Why do you think this Cathie person knows more then every other investor out there?
And I never said people shouldn't invest. They just shouldn't invest thinking crypto is actually going to be around in the future.
Buy the momentum and be ready to sell when the fun is over.
You sure have been moody recently. I just hope you understand I'm trying to protect people. How many people do you think bought bitcoin at 20k sold at 5k and just bought again?
Its interesting how the crypto thread was dead while everything was down. Now all of a sudden its relevant again.
What has changed this year?
What has changed this year?
Why do you think this Cathie person knows more then every other investor out there?
And I never said people shouldn't invest. They just shouldn't invest thinking crypto is actually going to be around in the future.
Buy the momentum and be ready to sell when the fun is over.
You sure have been moody recently. I just hope you understand I'm trying to protect people. How many people do you think bought bitcoin at 20k sold at 5k and just bought again?
I'm just playing with ya I'm not moody, my bad!
Cathie Wood is a rock star, founder of ARK invest. Anytime one of her ARK funds buys something, the stock usually rips because people have high respect for her decisions.
Cathie Wood
Cathie Wood is #53 on Forbes' 2021 Power Women list. Read more about Cathie Wood, their experience, their asset summary, and more here.
www.forbes.com
Check out the 5 year returns of ARKK vs S&P:
Cathie has the distinct advantage of investing at the right time.I'm just playing with ya I'm not moody, my bad!
Cathie Wood is a rock star, founder of ARK invest. Anytime one of her ARK funds buys something, the stock usually rips because people have high respect for her decisions.
![]()
Cathie Wood
Cathie Wood is #53 on Forbes' 2021 Power Women list. Read more about Cathie Wood, their experience, their asset summary, and more here.www.forbes.com
Check out the 5 year returns of ARKK vs S&P:
If things go bad, her fund will then become the worst performing.
GDAX is Coinbase Pro now. Also Gemini. Those are the two US exchanges with fiat onramps.What platform are you using? Same question for anyone else who is holding.
Good to see you’re at it again wagrxmYou do realize the only reason we even have crypto is because a bunch of people decided it would be funny to trick everyone into thinking this is actually useful right?
None of the big time holders actually believe in it, they just know they can find enough suckers to buy it.
I'm just playing with ya I'm not moody, my bad!
Cathie Wood is a rock star, founder of ARK invest. Anytime one of her ARK funds buys something, the stock usually rips because people have high respect for her decisions.
![]()
Cathie Wood
Cathie Wood is #53 on Forbes' 2021 Power Women list. Read more about Cathie Wood, their experience, their asset summary, and more here.www.forbes.com
Check out the 5 year returns of ARKK vs S&P:
I like Cathie and ARK, however, if you look at her returns verse the S&P 500 the vast majority are 2 years (2017 and 2020) with this year being the clear winner. I haven't dug tooo deep into her holdings all year but I would venture to guess the "big" outperformer this year was Tesla.
I honestly plan on/do hold ARRK and ARKG, however, there is no guarantee she beats the future. There are countless examples of winners for several years or time periods losing big in different time periods.
ARKK S&P500 TOTAL RETURN
2015: 3.75% 1.38%
2016: -2% 11.96%
2017: 87.34 21.83%
2018: 3.52 -4.38%
2019: 35.58 31.49%
2020: 159.3 17.72%
StockPharmD2020
Full Member
Maybe the thread was dead because no one here believes in crypto. I've been silently accumulating for the past 2 years.Its interesting how the crypto thread was dead while everything was down. Now all of a sudden its relevant again.
What has changed this year?
Did crypto really go from 20 K to 5K?
I feel like there’s a little bit of a strawman argument going on here. is anyone here actively trying to claim that crypto has value other than as a speculative investment?
I feel like there’s a little bit of a strawman argument going on here. is anyone here actively trying to claim that crypto has value other than as a speculative investment?
Did crypto really go from 20 K to 5K?
I feel like there’s a little bit of a strawman argument going on here. is anyone here actively trying to claim that crypto has value other than as a speculative investment?
According to Yahoo finance chart, it went from 14.5k to 3.5k between 12/17 and 1/19.
Yes it has value, Pornhub only takes crypto now after Visa and MC cut them off.
I like Cathie and ARK, however, if you look at her returns verse the S&P 500 the vast majority are 2 years (2017 and 2020) with this year being the clear winner. I haven't dug tooo deep into her holdings all year but I would venture to guess the "big" outperformer this year was Tesla.
I honestly plan on/do hold ARRK and ARKG, however, there is no guarantee she beats the future. There are countless examples of winners for several years or time periods losing big in different time periods.
ARKK S&P500 TOTAL RETURN
2015: 3.75% 1.38%
2016: -2% 11.96%
2017: 87.34 21.83%
2018: 3.52 -4.38%
2019: 35.58 31.49%
2020: 159.3 17.72%
Looks like ARK was the clear winner in 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
ARKK is only 10% Tesla. Last week Tesla was down 5% one day, but ARKK was still up 4% so it's well diversified. If Tesla falls 50% then ARKK would only fall 5%. There are about 50 funds. ARKG is for healthcare holdings and doesn't have Tesla.
If there is one person here who will lose 50% at any point in the future, it would be mentos lmao. Just the way you are investing, you are asking for it.
Why do you keep saying this? I told you my retirement accounts are all index funds. My taxable account is like 5% of my net worth, money I can afford to lose. So if it drops 50% then I'll lose 2.5%, I'm fine with that. Didn't you bet like $4,000 on a Texans football game?
Last edited:
We establish you have a gambling account, not an investing account. Noted.Why do you keep saying this? I told you my retirement accounts are all index funds. My taxable account is like 5% of my net worth, money I can afford to lose. So if it drops 50% then I'll lose 2.5%, I'm fine with that. Didn't you bet like $4,000 on a Texans football game?
We establish you have a gambling account, not an investing account. Noted.
Yeah I think I've said this to you 2-3 times before.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah, wasn't clear before.Yeah I think I've said this to you 2-3 times before.
Have you seen the responses?Did crypto really go from 20 K to 5K?
I feel like there’s a little bit of a strawman argument going on here. is anyone here actively trying to claim that crypto has value other than as a speculative investment?
There are people that actually believe in it
I am new to investing but can anyone explain how bitcoin has so much value? No major shopping and stores accept bit coins, so it seems worthless. Is there an underground bank/ industry driving its value up (aside from dark web business)? Maybe the value is driven by the black markets?
I am new to investing but can anyone explain how bitcoin has so much value? No major shopping and stores accept bit coins, so it seems worthless. Is there an underground bank/ industry driving its value up (aside from dark web business)? Maybe the value is driven by the black markets?
Yes it has value, Pornhub only takes crypto now after Visa and MC cut them off.
I stand corrected. No doubt 27k is fair value for the ability to pay for pornhub.Yes it has value, Pornhub only takes crypto now after Visa and MC cut them off.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K