cryptocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is kraken better than Celsius or binance?
I use these two plus crypto.com (don't laugh) for my stakes. I have some in colsld storage.

I most have btc but some eth and dot too.

my research was that coinbase and kraken are the two most secured exchanges for cryptos out there.

I moved all cryptos from coinbase to kraken recently due to kraken having staking option now and possibly lower fees.

It literally took me 6 secs to transfer close to 600K of usd at that time. Meanwhile, it will take one to two weeks to transfer money bet traditional banks. After this exp, I am now convinced that all traditional banks are dead men walking.

Members don't see this ad.

my research was that coinbase and kraken are the two most secured exchanges for cryptos out there.
Yes I have coinbase as well, sorry. I found binance was good too.

I have my $ split between different ones and cold.storage just in case.

Kills me not to get interest on the cold storage ones but feels smart to have it safe

I moved all cryptos from coinbase to kraken recently due to kraken having staking option now and possibly lower fees.

It literally took me 6 secs to transfer close to 600K of usd at that time. Meanwhile, it will take one to two weeks to transfer money bet traditional banks. After this exp, I am now convinced that all traditional banks are dead men walking.

Does Kracken have a robust app like Coinbase? I’ve been using coinbase this whole time.

Attachments

• BC1B4981-8865-4470-A5B4-ACAAEBAFBE44.jpeg
    BC1B4981-8865-4470-A5B4-ACAAEBAFBE44.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 78
  • C50E5A61-8FC5-435C-8FD0-DB0E0C14AC04.jpeg
    C50E5A61-8FC5-435C-8FD0-DB0E0C14AC04.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 81
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Kracken have a robust app like Coinbase? I’ve been using coinbase this whole time.

lol I don’t care about the app. As long as it allows me to buy and sell ETH and staking, those are the things that matter. For me, the number #1 criteria is security due to Mt Gox blown up a few years ago. Both Coinbase and Kraken have at least 90% of their holdings in cold storage. Also I’m staking with most my shares locked in the blockchain network, so don’t know.

Last edited:
This is starting to feel like 2017. I might begin selling if BTC gets to $50k and/or ETH to $2k 😅

1609718222427.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
My robinhood account is up and running. I'm willing to put $1k into crypto, any suggestions?

I heard ETH is the better value now? Not as overbought as BTC?
I’ve only ever ETH, and I agree with that assessment. Previous ATH of 1.4 k hasn’t been reached yet.

With that said the wife had enough with the eye-bleeding gains she’s seen my account go through recently and bought in with 5 digits in Eth at right under 1k/coin and 3k into BTC at 33.1k (oof) and she’s happy with her profits so far.

I’ve only ever ETH, and I agree with that assessment. Previous ATH of 1.4 k hasn’t been reached yet.

With that said the wife had enough with the eye-bleeding gains she’s seen my account go through recently and bought in with 5 digits in Eth at right under 1k/coin and 3k into BTC at 33.1k (oof) and she’s happy with her profits so far.

Thanks I'll try to get ETH under 1k.

Members don't see this ad :)
ETH doesn't want to dip under 1k. Should I just buy 0.8 or 0.9 of one?

I have no advice, but if it were me I’d probably get half my position today-ish and hold the other half in case it drops to 880 or something.

I don't even know how to buy it. My husband bought 3 bitcoin at $4K this spring just for fun, and now it's 30K! i wish he bought 30.

I don't even know how to buy it. My husband bought 3 bitcoin at $4K this spring just for fun, and now it's 30K! i wish he bought 30.

Traditionally you would use a crypto exchange like Coinbase, Kraken Binance or Gemini.

Robinhood, Webull, PayPal are newer/easier ways to buy for newbies like me.

I would avoid buying any right now - I think it will crash back down before an eventually higher climb- I basically have 5 lots of BTC - I have sold four of them as the price rose with anticipation of buying back in when the price crashed - although it just keeps going up - I don't think it will sustain, but obviously I have been proven wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
I would avoid buying any right now - I think it will crash back down before an eventually higher climb- I basically have 5 lots of BTC - I have sold four of them as the price rose with anticipation of buying back in when the price crashed - although it just keeps going up - I don't think it will sustain, but obviously I have been proven wrong.

Yep none of this makes sense. Everyone says Bitcoin and Tesla are due for a pullback but they keep going up.

Will it go back down? Maybe but there is too much corporate fomo and stimulus checks buying pressure to have significant downside from here

Buy your load here and be prepared to double down when you have that dip.

Thanks. I bought a fraction of one when it was 1240, up $20 already lol.

Last edited:
I'm probably the only person in the world losing with crypto right now 🤣

I'm probably the only person in the world losing with crypto right now 🤣

There was a time when I rode ETH from $300 to $100 buying more on the ride down. Means nothing if you have a price target min 10x to possibly 100x in a few years.

There was a time when I rode ETH from $300 to $100 buying more on the ride down. Means nothing if you have a price target min 10x to possibly 100x in a few years.

I know I'm just joking. But I really am the only person down haha.

Buying ETH with another 100K at 1.2K per coin. This is just for a family member of mine, after I have convinced them of the crypto future. That account is totally unrelated from mine. But, moonshot from here. Don't know when we will have the correction but it will eventually get there. Not selling any until we hit 10 trillion market cap for either BTC or ETH. Only reason why that's the magic number bc it's the total market cap of each of major currencies outside of the USD being used right now, like gold/jpy/euro/etc...

Buying ETH with another 100K at 1.2K per coin. This is just for a family member of mine, after I have convinced them of the crypto future. That account is totally unrelated from mine. But, moonshot from here. Don't know when we will have the correction but it will eventually get there. Not selling any until we hit 10 trillion market cap for either BTC or ETH. Only reason why that's the magic number bc it's the total market cap of each of major currencies outside of the USD being used right now, like gold/jpy/euro/etc...

Man I feel so poor with my measly $48k stock account and $1k ETH account. People make more than my entire accounts in a day.

I'm up 8% on ETH already. I'll add $100/week or so to this ponzi scheme!

I'm up 8% on ETH already. I'll add $100/week or so to this ponzi scheme!
It’s not even in price discovery mode for this bull run, though there are sure to be corrections on the way.

It’s not even in price discovery mode for this bull run, though there are sure to be corrections on the way.

Any long term price target? Will this go to the moon like BTC?

Any long term price target? Will this go to the moon like BTC?
As I understand, during every bull run, major crypto like this in bitcoin has always achieved x2 of their all-time high at minimum. This would be 3.8k.

My personal liquidation starts at around 9000, although I do plan to stake for % gains (minimum 32 required for this).

I just took out my wife’s bitcoin, which I traded to another coin tonight (MKR), and cashed out when it reached 4K after fees.

Do you guys buy Litecoin too?

Just reloaded ETH. We going to the moon!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210110-022132.png
    Screenshot_20210110-022132.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 113
Psa - keep up with your crypto taxes... takes a long time to figure it out when you're not organized.

Psa - keep up with your crypto taxes... takes a long time to figure it out when you're not organized.
Am I correct in the assumption that if I never move the coins or withdraw that I don’t have to file the taxes yet?

Am I correct in the assumption that if I never move the coins or withdraw that I don’t have to file the taxes yet?

As long as you don’t sell it will be alright. Just moving from one account to another account own by you isn’t a taxable event

As long as you don’t sell it will be alright. Just moving from one account to another account own by you isn’t a taxable event
Yea I understand. I unfortunately converted between some coins I had in 2017 and 2018 to btc but I don't know their cost basis since I didn't track them back them so trying to figure that out. Also had a good chunk of earned interest.

Basically lots of tiny transactions.

No organization needed. I connect my exchange APIs to cointracker.io and it tracks everything for me automatically. And for a cost, they can generate tax forms.

going to be real about crypto tax here. I bought a ton of ETH on coinbase in 2019 in 20-30 diff transactions and sold all in profit later this year to lock in Trump long term tax on pro coinbase. Any idea to make my tax life easier rather than manual entering all transactions myself

going to be real about crypto tax here. I bought a ton of ETH on coinbase in 2019 in 20-30 diff transactions and sold all in profit later this year to lock in Trump long term tax on pro coinbase. Any idea to make my tax life easier rather than manual entering all transactions myself
Do what I'm doing.... spend the day reviewing lol. It sucks. I'm just getting an avg cost basis and using that for everything

No organization needed. I connect my exchange APIs to cointracker.io and it tracks everything for me automatically. And for a cost, they can generate tax forms.

I tried taxbit and it was way off. It was counting things more than once.

BTC from 42k to 34k ouch. Looks like previous support level was 30k.

Sad to say, I think manual is the only way to go. It really does suck - I went through it myself back in November. At least if you kept to coinbase, it's not so bad. I was trying to track down stuff I did across Binance in 2017, MEW send/receives, and it was with smaller alt coins. Absolute nightmare - and the kicker is I lost value on them so it was a lot of work without any feeling of reward. I think I'll only stick to BTC or ETH from here on out and will keep my trades to a minimum...and document the f out of them.

Sad to say, I think manual is the only way to go. It really does suck - I went through it myself back in November. At least if you kept to coinbase, it's not so bad. I was trying to track down stuff I did across Binance in 2017, MEW send/receives, and it was with smaller alt coins. Absolute nightmare - and the kicker is I lost value on them so it was a lot of work without any feeling of reward. I think I'll only stick to BTC or ETH from here on out and will keep my trades to a minimum...and document the f out of them.

That sucks, so TurboTax doesn't do all that for you like with stocks?

BTC is crashing! needs to keep dropping so my limit buy orders hit before it bounces back up