CS finished, must drink alcohol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxfudd

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bah...what a waste of a day. I don't know if it was the awkwardness of the encounters or the fact that I haven't been on a rotation in two months, but I felt like I missed tons of stuff. I consistently did case-specific exam components (ophtho exam, observe gait, etc), but then forgot to put it in the note.

Probably worse, I think I only summarized the history on 3 or 4 of the cases (mostly because I almost never do this in practice and plain forgot to do it during the exam). I feel like everything else went pretty well, I think I did a good job with empathy and case closing. I also hit the biggies on each case (introduction, hand washing, draping, organized note, good differential and orders, etc). I can't imagine that all 94% of the US grads out there who pass remembered to summarize the history (or that those that don't all fail). Now the wait for the scoring. Back to my liquor.

Members don't see this ad.

rxfudd said:
Bah...what a waste of a day. I don't know if it was the awkwardness of the encounters or the fact that I haven't been on a rotation in two months, but I felt like I missed tons of stuff.

Everybody feels that way. I know I did.

Probably worse, I think I only summarized the history on 3 or 4 of the cases (mostly because I almost never do this in practice and plain forgot to do it during the exam). I feel like everything else went pretty well, I think I did a good job with empathy and case closing. I also hit the biggies on each case (introduction, hand washing, draping, organized note, good differential and orders, etc). I can't imagine that all 94% of the US grads out there who pass remembered to summarize the history (or that those that don't all fail). Now the wait for the scoring. Back to my liquor.

I didn't summarize the history on a single case... just completely forgot about it. Still passed. I would love to get an exact breakdown of just how those 6% of people fail, because I can't shake this suspicion that there is a quota for failure and that scores are manipulated in order to reach it.

sacrament said:
I would love to get an exact breakdown of just how those 6% of people fail, because I can't shake this suspicion that there is a quota for failure and that scores are manipulated in order to reach it.

I agree and think that they have to fail a certain number just to say that their ridiculous test is valid. I know a few people that failed it last year and were close to the top of their class otherwise, so it seems pretty bogus.

I've heard that alot of programs are now requiring that you pass the thing before starting internship, and also that the scores take about 11 weeks to get back. Since I'm taking it in April I probably won't have the scores back before the July start of PGY-1