CSU Admissions Portal--Now Open

Started by ColoGirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ColoGirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just because I am totally obsessive and will be checking it religiously for the next couple of months doesn't mean all of you will be😀..... but I thought I would share none the less.

Good luck to everyone!
 
I made another thread about this but deleted it, in case anyone saw it and was wondering. 🙂

I'll be checking too! They say the phase 1 notifications of completed VMCAS/supp/app fee will be up by October 12 (which is my birthday!), and we will be able to check receipt of materials by October 26 (I will be in Honolulu for an academic conference then, hah).

So at least I have a lot to keep myself occupied with besides hitting F5 I guess. 😉

Let the good times roll! Good luck to everyone. :luck::luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(I will be in Honolulu for an academic conference then, hah).

damn! how come my conferences are never in cool places!? One I went to was in Boston (ok, I love boston, I'm from MA, but still, it would have been cool to have something a little more...exotic) the last one was in Philly...only an hour away. I want to go to hawaii with all expenses paid!

at least the next one is in San Diego. Thats more like it
 
I saw this thread and my blood pressure immediately went up by at least 30 points!

I am so nervous that one of my 7 transcripts will not have made it, or that my GRE scores that I was told would still be there aren't for some reason. Do school normally give you a chance to have things resent?

At least I see that my payments have gone through on my credit card... so I should make it through the Oct 12th cuts...

Good luck everyone! Let the games begin😱!
 
I saw this thread and my blood pressure immediately went up by at least 30 points!

I am so nervous that one of my 7 transcripts will not have made it, or that my GRE scores that I was told would still be there aren't for some reason. Do school normally give you a chance to have things resent?

At least I see that my payments have gone through on my credit card... so I should make it through the Oct 12th cuts...

Good luck everyone! Let the games begin😱!

when i called about the GRE scores making it there, they said they couldn't check b/c of the volume of materials being received daily but that if you reported your scores in your supplemental you were fine. they lady i spoke with said that if a seat was offered and they didn't have the official scores, then they would request for you to have those scores sent at that point. (wish i would have known that, i would have saved $20 and just self-reported!) :laugh:
 
when i called about the GRE scores making it there, they said they couldn't check b/c of the volume of materials being received daily but that if you reported your scores in your supplemental you were fine. they lady i spoke with said that if a seat was offered and they didn't have the official scores, then they would request for you to have those scores sent at that point. (wish i would have known that, i would have saved $20 and just self-reported!) :laugh:
Yeah, no kidding! Off to check status page now...

P.S. Anyone else have irrational fears that they are going to open up a status page and find something saying "we have already determined that you are so underqualified that we can reject you right now"?
 
Yeah, no kidding! Off to check status page now...

P.S. Anyone else have irrational fears that they are going to open up a status page and find something saying "we have already determined that you are so underqualified that we can reject you right now"?


yes, i won't even look. i keep reading this thread, but won't look at the status page. i'm too scurred.

ETA: i bombed the essay on the supplemental, and if that's the first thing they look at, i'm sure i'll receive my status update on the 12th.
 
Last edited:
Hey guys!

Since I'm obsessed, I checked today and the "track my status" option was viable. Did anyone else see that?
 
It's saying something about the regular admissions process, yes?
I have to limit myself to only obsessing about this once a day for the sake of my mental health. (At this point it is arguable to which side the scales are tipping....)
 
It's saying something about the regular admissions process, yes?
I have to limit myself to only obsessing about this once a day for the sake of my mental health. (At this point it is arguable to which side the scales are tipping....)

Yes mine also says something about the regular admissions process. I am going to be checking that page obsessively. 😳
 
Mine says that my application is in "Early Academic Review" because my cummulative GPA is only 3.2 🙁

Here's hoping they decide to throw me into the 'regular admission pool' pile at the end of it all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait.. I'm confused

I know that they phase the admissions process, okay got that part.

The "regular admissions process", does that mean that I am in the regular applicant pool to be reviewed in Nov-Dec? or does that mean that my application is just processing along the normal review process and before the early academic review stage?
 
wait.. I'm confused

I know that they phase the admissions process, okay got that part.

The "regular admissions process", does that mean that I am in the regular applicant pool to be reviewed in Nov-Dec? or does that mean that my application is just processing along the normal review process and before the early academic review stage?

That is a good point. I am not sure of the answer...I am hoping it means we are going to be reviewed in Nov-Dec.

By the way they worded it would think that means Nov-Dec. but we don't even know yet if they have received all of our materials and they also have a warning saying that this status does not guarantee receipt of materials. Your guess is just as good as mine. Here is to hoping that we are in Phase 3. :xf:
 
You are right. It goes on to say that regular pool will be assessed in Nov-Dec right after the line about being in the "regular admissions process"

oy
 
Yeah, us early academic review folks are being reviewed this month. They say we will be notified by the end of october if our application has passed into the 'regular review' pile. So basically we're being screened right now to see if we make it to the Nov/Dec review session.
 
yeah, I'm "Early Review" as well. Man, this is killing me...first rejection can come as early as this month :scared:
 
interesting! i didnt know they have this early academic review phase. Surprisingly, I'm in the regular review. I guess they forgive 1st/2nd year mistakes!
 
I think we need clarification on this before we jump to conclusions. Has anyone spoken to the staff to find out? (ie we shouldn't inundate the admissions office with a bunch of us call if someone already knows the answer)

Basically, does "regular admissions process" = "regular applicant pool" therefore having succesfully passed the early review stage?
 
"Your application evaluation is pending in the regular admissions process at this time.


The Admissions Committee plans to start evaluating applications in the regular pool in late November and early December."


I think this means your app. has been set aside and will be reviewed starting in November.
 
Is this what it means being in the early academic stage? I found it off their site. But it is odd because it is listed at #3 which comes after: #1 Quality of Academic program and #2 Additional Factors (which basically includes everything else besides grades.)

"Early Review Decisions
Given the size of the applicant pool, applications will undergo an early screening process for evidence of the candidate's ability to handle a rigorous upper division science curriculum in the context of non cognitive factors. Candidates who do not meet expectations will be denied ."
 
Is this what it means being in the early academic stage? I found it off their site. But it is odd because it is listed at #3 which comes after: #1 Quality of Academic program and #2 Additional Factors (which basically includes everything else besides grades.)

"Early Review Decisions
Given the size of the applicant pool, applications will undergo an early screening process for evidence of the candidate's ability to handle a rigorous upper division science curriculum in the context of non cognitive factors. Candidates who do not meet expectations will be denied ."


well phase 1 is for incomplete applications and phase 2 is for combined program applicants.

so phase 3 is the first phase for regular applicants (non combined program) with complete applications


ETA: i think right now they are reviewing applications for the GPA cutoff (i'm thinking anything below a 3.2 has to be reviewed to see if those applications will be reviewed in the overall review process starting in november, is that correct?)
 
ETA: i think right now they are reviewing applications for the GPA cutoff (i'm thinking anything below a 3.2 has to be reviewed to see if those applications will be reviewed in the overall review process starting in november, is that correct?)


I believe you are correct.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to Dr. Stewart... They are first looking at those under a 3.2, then if they don't throw out the application it will be moved to the "regular admissions pool".
 
Exactly.

So people in the regular phase have a GPA high enough to be reviewed normally. In nov/dec. your applications have not been looked at yet. they will not be looked at until next month.

People like me, with lower GPAs must first go through the early phase before we can even reach the regular phase. Only people with lower GPAs are going through this early phase so they have less applications to look at once they actually begin the admissions process in nov/dec

does that make more sense?
 
^^Oh there's another group undergoing review right now........

:scared:

Combined Program Review - evaluation pending
Your application is currently being evaluated for one or more of the combined programs (MBA/DVM, MPH/DVM and/or DVM/PhD). We hope to notify candidates of the outcome of this phase of the admissions process by late October/early November.
 
Geeze, I'm in the early academic review group. It would be pretty harsh to get rejected less than a month after submitting my app 🙁
 
I'm in Early Academic Review to....I think it's great that we get to find out whether or not we made the first cut as early as end of October. The waiting process kills me!
 
I'd be in the review phase as well were I not applying to the DVM/PhD program, so I am pulling for all of you SDNers who are going through it now too!

(and for the ones who don't have to, but that comes later. 😉)
 
OMG I'm in the regular pool! Thank god, I was obsessing over receiving a denial in three weeks cause my GPA is slightly over a 3.2.

As a side note, one of the vets at my job today said that Colorado sends out the nicest rejection letters. But we aren't going to get those are we?! Cause we rock! 🙂
 
OMG I'm in the regular pool! Thank god, I was obsessing over receiving a denial in three weeks cause my GPA is slightly over a 3.2.

As a side note, one of the vets at my job today said that Colorado sends out the nicest rejection letters. But we aren't going to get those are we?! Cause we rock! 🙂

I like the positive thinking! 😎
 
^^Oh there's another group undergoing review right now........

:scared:

I'm here too and trying not to obsess. I think I wrote the most rambling summary of my research ever so I seriously will not be surprised if it is tossed out.
 
Hey,
I'm confused about the phase one thing still 🙁
They review weather or not all your stuff made it to them - if it didn't then you're out. We find out Oct. 26th.

the confusing part.......
If your cum. GPA is below 3.2 (mine is) then you are in the 'early academic review' - I thought that I read somehwhere on the portal site at one point that we would hear if we are booted or not by Oct. 12th?
I am definitely under early review, but I still have that generic message when I click on my status
"if your GPA is below a 3.2, blah blah blah".

Am I wrong, do we hear if the early review people say no on Oct. 26th with the rest of the phase one kids? Is anyone else in this boat with me?😕
 
Oct. 26 is just the day when they will say you will find out if stuff is missing. Missing transcripts or whatever doesn't mean an automatic boot - they will give you time to get them in.

Phase one was just whether VMCAS, CO supp & fee were all turned in on time and completed. Applications with one of those missing were kicked out on the 12th. I dunno what it says on the early review status, but "We hope to notify candidates of the outcome of this phase of the admissions process by late October/early November." So no specific date for the end of phase two.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/cvmbs/PhasedAdmissionsProcessDVM.pdf

It says that some of the early review applications will be denied between mid-October and mid-November, and some will be added back into the normal pool. Then everybody from that pool should have an answer by mid-December.

Not sure where you're getting Oct. 12th from, but Oct. 26th is when we'll be able to check online to make sure that they have all of our transcripts and GRE scores.
 
Oct 12th was a date they initially had listed on the status page as when you would be notified/removed from the pool if you were missing supplemental app, vmcas etc.

Sometime between Oct 7th (first day status page was available) and like Oct 9th or so, they got rid of that message and changed a few other things around, so now the only sort of notification date is Oct 26th.

Can you tell that I've been checking that page every day...even though I know nothing will have changed..
 
Thanks, you guys are super helpful!
.... and I'm glad that I'm not the only one checking that site religiously!
 
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my CSU page has been updated and I was moved from the "early academic review" pile to the "regular admissions review pile" as of this morning!

Awesome!