csu sacramento, worth applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurama1

Reaction score
Hello. I have a C- for one of CSUS prereqs (biomechanics), and it says they require all prereqs to be completed with a 'C' and 3.0 prereq GPA. C- was considered to be a passing grade for upper div in my department, and that semester was a rough due to a bunch of factors. This seems to be the only school on my list that requires that prereq. None of the CCs near me seem to provide it and I graduated 2 years ago. All my other grades are A's and B's. Does anyone know if they are strict on this, and know if it's worth applying with the C-? thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I have a C- for one of CSUS prereqs (biomechanics), and it says they require all prereqs to be completed with a 'C' and 3.0 prereq GPA. C- was considered to be a passing grade for upper div in my department, and that semester was a rough due to a bunch of factors. This seems to be the only school on my list that requires that prereq. None of the CCs near me seem to provide it and I graduated 2 years ago. All my other grades are A's and B's. Does anyone know if they are strict on this, and know if it's worth applying with the C-? thank you!
You can probably take it online I would guess if you need to. If they say you need to have something and don't they will not consider your application in most cases. Some accredited online schools probably have it at your own pace for about 1500-2000.

Reactions: 1 user
You can probably take it online I would guess if you need to. If they say you need to have something and don't they will not consider your application in most cases. Some accredited online schools probably have it at your own pace for about 1500-2000.
Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Most schools allow you to have 2-3 prereqs as in progress or planned. This will allow you to apply for the school and then take the course during your gap year. Just add it as planned on PTCAS when filling out for pre-reqs this goes for if the school requires you to fill out a separate pre-req form as well.

Most schools allow you to have 2-3 prereqs as in progress or planned. This will allow you to apply for the school and then take the course during your gap year. Just add it as planned on PTCAS when filling out for pre-reqs this goes for if the school requires you to fill out a separate pre-req form as well.

Piggybacking on this topic, if you have a C and we're planning on retaking the course, can we still list it as planned?

Piggybacking on this topic, if you have a C and we're planning on retaking the course, can we still list it as planned?
I have been calling schools to ask about this. Long story short, it depends on the school, some will use a grade from your transcript and some will allow you to do that. Call them and find out.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been calling schools to ask about this. Long story short, it depends on the school, some will use a grade from your transcript and some will allow you to do that. Call them and find out.

Definitely depends. TWU just got back to me and they want the current grade as it stands.