General Admissions & OTCAS CSUDH Applicant Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT2BE2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to start a new thread in regards to finding out the different stats of those who were accepted into CSUDH most recently between the years 2014-2017. I plan on applying this August for the 2018 Spring Cohort. Overall, stats have been rising every year and I wanted to know if anyone got accepted with similar stats to mine? I have comb through many of the CSUDH forums looking through everyone's stats.

My stats are as follows:

Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.55 (just CSUF GPA CSUDH ONLY looks at your undergrad GPA)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0 (all completed)
GRE: V-148 Q-148 AW-4
Volunteer/Intern Hours: 400+ in peds

My biggest dilemma is my GRE score. I've re-taken it twice already and got the same exact score. I'm scared to take it again in fears that I will get the same score AGAIN. I know CSUDH seems to prefer those who have a writing score of 4.5+, but has anyone been accepted with a 4? Is it worth retaking the GRE again? Looking for any insight into this whether it is from a current or past student or one of your classmates. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to start a new thread in regards to finding out the different stats of those who were accepted into CSUDH most recently between the years 2014-2017. I plan on applying this August for the 2018 Spring Cohort. Overall, stats have been rising every year and I wanted to know if anyone got accepted with similar stats to mine? I have comb through many of the CSUDH forums looking through everyone's stats.

My stats are as follows:

University: Cal Poly
Overall GPA: 3.55 (just Cal Poly GPA CSUDH ONLY looks at your undergrad GPA)

My biggest dilemma is my GRE score. I've re-taken it twice already and got the same exact score. I'm scared to take it again in fears that I will get the same score AGAIN. I know CSUDH seems to prefer those who have a writing score of 4.5+, but has anyone been accepted with a 4? Is it worth retaking the GRE again? Looking for any insight into this whether it is from a current or past student or one of your classmates. Thanks!

I applied last year and did not get in to CSUDH (trying again this year), so here are my two cents. I would really try to pick up your GRE scores, specifically Verbal >150 and your Essays 4.5 or better. Your stats are slightly higher than mine and I think you have an excellent chance of being accepted if you can get above a 4 on your essays and your verbal raised a few more points. The problem is we have average scores compared to the applicant pool and CSUDH uses the essays and the verbal score to weed applicants out.
Here are my stats:
Business Major - 3.53 cgpa
Prereq. - 3.88
My GRE scores: Q - 149 V - 150 AW - 4 ...I didn't even get wait listed :(

Another poster had a 3.49 cgpa, 4.0 prereqs, 147 - Q, 150 - V and a 4.5 AW and she got in

Hope this info is helpful - Good Luck!

I applied last year and did not get in to CSUDH (trying again this year), so here are my two cents. I would really try to pick up your GRE scores, specifically Verbal >150 and your Essays 4.5 or better. Your stats are slightly higher than mine and I think you have an excellent chance of being accepted if you can get above a 4 on your essays and your verbal raised a few more points. The problem is we have average scores compared to the applicant pool and CSUDH uses the essays and the verbal score to weed applicants out.
Here are my stats:
Business Major - 3.53 cgpa
Prereq. - 3.88
My GRE scores: Q - 149 V - 150 AW - 4 ...I didn't even get wait listed :(

Another poster had a 3.49 cgpa, 4.0 prereqs, 147 - Q, 150 - V and a 4.5 AW and she got in

Hope this info is helpful - Good Luck!

Thanks for your advice! Yea, after going through old posts from the past 2 years those who got accepted have at least a 4.5 for their AW GRE score. I am definitely planning to retake the GRE in hopes of scoring higher to be a little bit more competitive. Good luck to you as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for making this thread. I applied for the 2018 cohort as well. Here are my stats:
University: Colorado College
Major: History/Poly Science
Overall GPA: 3.28 (Went to school over ten years ago.)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8 (got a B in statistics)
GRE: V-164 Q-157 AWA-5 (retook it first time was V-167, Q-153 AWA 3.5)
Volunteer/Intern Hours: 84.75 hours with peds. Two great recommendations- one from a supervisor, one from my anatomy professor and not sure of the OT/D I didn't work as closely with her so I'm nervous about that. Also enclosed an essay. (I got into USC with the old stats from the waitlist, but I had a solid OT recommendation which I couldn't use again because CSUDH asks for your supervising OT to write a recommendation. I also had a 4.0 from prerequisites because I hadn't completed stats.)

Obsessing a bit, my undergrad GPA isn't great and so frustrated with the B in statistics, it was a 5-week course and a good course but really difficult with the time constraint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone!

My stats are as follows:

University: Cal Poly
Overall GPA: 3.55 (just Cal Poly GPA CSUDH ONLY looks at your undergrad GPA)

Hi there,
I applied last year with these stats:
BS Kinesiology
3.9 overall GPA (3.8 in prereqs)
150 V 146 Q 4.0 writing
About 150 observation hours, good letters and personal statement. I was not accepted.

I am re-applying this year. I retook the GRE and got 157 V and 151 Q and 5.0 writing. I replaced one letter of rec with a stronger one and also started working as a behavior technician in January with kids who have autism. Here's to hoping we get in!!

Hi everyone!
Here are my stats:
School: California State University, Fullerton
Overall GPA: 3.84
Pre-Req GPA: 3.77
GRE: (V): 150 (Q): 156 (AWA): 4.5
Hours: 150 hours in Geriatrics
Job Experience: 2+ years as a behavior interventionist

I was wondering what the chances of me getting into the CSUDH program looked like with my stats. I got rejected last year, and since then I boosted my AWA score and replaced one of my LOR with a stronger one. Does CSUDH care about accepting more males than females?

& Good luck to everyone applying!

Hi everyone!
Here are my stats:
School: California State University, Fullerton
Overall GPA: 3.84
Pre-Req GPA: 3.77
GRE: (V): 150 (Q): 156 (AWA): 4.5
Hours: 150 hours in Geriatrics
Job Experience: 2+ years as a behavior interventionist

I was wondering what the chances of me getting into the CSUDH program looked like with my stats. I got rejected last year, and since then I boosted my AWA score and replaced one of my LOR with a stronger one. Does CSUDH care about accepting more males than females?

& Good luck to everyone applying!
I haven't heard of them preferring applicants based on gender, but I have heard they prefer those who completed their undergraduate studies from there. I haven't looked into the validity of that and have seen people posting throughout the other thread that attended other schools anyway. Also based on that thread, quite a few post about having 4.0s in prerequisites, but I've seen posts of others getting in with a B and even heard of someone getting in with two Bs (though that person had a 5 in the AWA). It also looks like each half point increase in the AWA gives applicants a higher chance, and plenty have gotten in with 4.5s in the past. It is kind of difficult to just compare to stats of previous cohorts though because it'll depend on the stats of everyone that applied for this cycle. Good luck with getting in :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Everyone!

Did everyone that applied for Spring 2018 get this email once they turned in their app?:

"Your application was received and is now being processed. Notifications for admissions will be sent via USPS after the Admissions Committee has reviewed all applications and made their final decision, which is projected for late November."

Good luck to everyone applying! :)

Hi Everyone!

Did everyone that applied for Spring 2018 get this email once they turned in their app?:

"Your application was received and is now being processed. Notifications for admissions will be sent via USPS after the Admissions Committee has reviewed all applications and made their final decision, which is projected for late November."

Good luck to everyone applying! :)
Yes, I received that email the afternoon I turned in my application (as I went to the campus to turn it in).

Are you guys checking your my.csudh accounts? If so, does it say you guys have your fee paid? I called regular admissions about it since mine says the fee is not paid, and I was told my application is complete but can take two weeks to process. It's been over a month now though, and it still says it isn't paid.

Yes, I received that email the afternoon I turned in my application (as I went to the campus to turn it in).

Are you guys checking your my.csudh accounts? If so, does it say you guys have your fee paid? I called regular admissions about it since mine says the fee is not paid, and I was told my application is complete but can take two weeks to process. It's been over a month now though, and it still says it isn't paid.

I, too, have been checking my csudh account and it said the same thing about "fee not paid". I emailed them about a month ago about that and they said the same thing. I'm assuming because we paid through cal state apply (their first time using that system) it's a bit different/delayed that's why it displays "fee not paid". I think as long as our app to the school is complete we are fine, I mean we did get a student ID after all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not seeing your posts OurJourneyToOT

I had deleted it because I had heard some crap from someone that during the app process try not to say too much lol.

But my fiancé and I submitted our packet! This process is brutal. I'll quickly post my stats.

My stats:
Major: bio psych
Cum GPA: 3.2 ( terrible I know, I have a huge discrepancy from 2004-2014[2014 I started back in school consistently]) my GPA from university I got my bachelors: 3.7 (since I went back to school and knew I wanted to do OT I've gotten all A's and 5 B's.)
Pre req: all A's 1B (a&p I) and my human dev im not sure which one they'll take I input three diff classes all lifespan til death
GRE : 148 V 150 Q 5.0 AWA
OBSERVATION: 80 hrs peds and hippotherapy
I have over a year cognitive psych research experience currently still conducting a pilot study with plans for publication (2nd author)
Martial arts instructor for years, tons of overseas mission trips, mentored young girls.
I'm older so I hope they take that into consideration

My fiancé:
Major: health science / public health
Cum GPA 3.85 (outstanding undergraduate award 2016-#1 student in department) top 7% of university
Pre req:4.0
GRE: 145 Q 152 V 4.0 AWA
OBSERVATION: 80 hrs peds hippotherapy
Awards: combat veteran award recipient and a bunch other stuff
Martial arts instructor for years.

He also has his masters:
Masters in public health
GPA: 4.0

We're hoping to do this program together. His stats are way better than mine. So hoping!

This wait SUCKS! Good luck y'all

Not seeing your posts OurJourneyToOT

I've been obsessively reading through these posts for years now and honestly I don't even know what they look for specifically because ppl that have gotten in varies you have ppl with low GPA average GRE get in and those with high GPA high GRE get rejected. It's strange. So who knows honestly lol I'm killing myself over stressing lol

Undergrad school: University of California, San Diego
Major: Biology, Minors: Psychology, Health Care and Social Issues
Overall GPA: 3.05
Last 68.7 semester units GPA: 3.43
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V 156 Q 158 W 4.5
Observation hours: 51 hours in one peds clinic, 32 hours in another peds clinic, and 20 in hospital setting = total 103 hours
Work experience: 1.5 years as a Behavioral Therapist, 1 year working in cancer research lab, 1 year as Clinical Care Extender (CCE), 1/2 year as Research Associate in ER
LOR: 2 OTs, 1 Anatomy professor

I know my overall undergrad GPA is low, but I figured I'd apply to CSUDH anyway and try my luck. The application process was exhausting. It's so stressful too bc on my account it says "fee not paid" and "Non CA Resident" even though I am.

Observation hours: 51 hours in one peds clinic, 32 hours in another peds clinic, and 20 in hospital setting = total 103 hours
Work experience: 1.5 years as a Behavioral Therapist, 1 year working in cancer research lab, 1 year as Clinical Care Extender (CCE), 1/2 year as Research Associate in ER

I know my overall undergrad GPA is low, but I figured I'd apply to CSUDH anyway and try my luck. The application process was exhausting. It's so stressful too bc on my account it says "fee not paid" and "Non CA Resident" even though I am.

Omgosh me tooooo!!! And I found out they needed a letter of non enrollment from a school I never attended So I'm dropping that off this week since document deadlines for the university is 10/01. And I'm appealing my non ca resident too bc I'm a CA resident, it's a total hassle! But clearing the non resident thing- the deadline is January. But I'm doing it asap anyways. And all of our status says "fee non paid" ugh.

Hello fellow applicants,
Congrats on getting your applications in, it takes many years of hard work to even get to the point where you can apply!
Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.77
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 156 V 150 Q 4.0 AWA
130 volunteer hours
1 letter from a professor, 1 from an OT, and 1 from an employer.
1.5 years of work as a physical therapy aide.
I really hope I get in but I know how hard and competitive it is so I'm trying to relax and remind myself that the world keeps spinning whether or not I get in. Once again props to us for getting our applications in. I wish we could all get in!

Hey everyone! After lurking these forums for months, I finally decided to join the conversation...

University: University of California, San Diego ('sup OT yc17)
Major: Cognitive Science, specialization in neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.83
Pre-Req GPA: 4.00* (edit: 3.87)
GRE: V-157 Q-163 AW-4.5
Observation: inpatient/outpatient, private pediatric clinic, briefly at the schools, and currently in hand therapy

And like everyone else, my fee supposedly hasn't been paid on myCSUDH, but it does say I'm a CA resident. When I called the admissions office, they said I didn't have any outstanding fees or anything.

*Quick question - I did two of my pre-req's at UCSD, and earned an A- in those courses. Does that mean my pre-req GPA is calculated differently? I never quite understood how to convert quarter system vs. semester system GPA/units... (edited to reflect changes)

Good luck to everyone! We're in this together!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! After lurking these forums for months, I finally decided to join the conversation...

University: University of California, San Diego ('sup OT yc17)
Major: Cognitive Science, specialization in neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.83
Pre-Req GPA: 4.00*
GRE: V-157 Q-163 AW-4.5
Observation: inpatient/outpatient, private pediatric clinic, briefly at the schools, and currently in hand therapy

And like everyone else, my fee supposedly hasn't been paid on myCSUDH, but it does say I'm a CA resident. When I called the admissions office, they said I didn't have any outstanding fees or anything.

*Quick question - I did two of my pre-req's at UCSD, and earned an A- in those courses. Does that mean my pre-req GPA is calculated differently? I never quite understood how to convert quarter system vs. semester system GPA/units...

Good luck to everyone! We're in this together!

Hi! Yes an A- is calculated as 3.7 and a flat A is 4.0 regardless if it's semester or quarter.

Hello fellow applicants,
Congrats on getting your applications in, it takes many years of hard work to even get to the point where you can apply!
Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.77
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 156 V 150 Q 4.0 AWA
130 volunteer hours
1 letter from a professor, 1 from an OT, and 1 from an employer.
1.5 years of work as a physical therapy aide.
I really hope I get in but I know how hard and competitive it is so I'm trying to relax and remind myself that the world keeps spinning whether or not I get in. Once again props to us for getting our applications in. I wish we could all get in!

I love your attitude! And yes, that's true the world still keeps spinning. A reason I love what OT Advocates for is the idea of never giving up. Keep pushing forward despite what curve ball or crap life hits you with. I know it's easier said than done but no matter what happens We all should be proud we've gotten this far to be eligible to apply. I've been looking forward to this process for a long time and have been excited for this process but not going to lie, there has been more stress than excitement lol. But I do believe this, despite our stats and whatever happens, we are all winners and are all good enough!

If I somehow don't make it this cycle, I'm relentless someway somehow I will be an OT, and I hope you all are with me on this! Remember, no matter what happens you all will be OTs!

Do you guys think there will be interviews this year? I know in the info sessions they always say "their might be an interview. It depends on the admission committee"

I hypothesize if there were to be interviews it would be very soon, this week or next week. But since I do not see anyone mentioning it, it appears it will not be happening? I am just trying to gauge if there will be interviews at all since I'm trying to book a vacation for mid-October. I dnt want to be out of the county during that time if there are interviews being held.

Do you guys think there will be interviews this year? I know in the info sessions they always say "their might be an interview. It depends on the admission committee"

I hypothesize if there were to be interviews it would be very soon, this week or next week. But since I do not see anyone mentioning it, it appears it will not be happening? I am just trying to gauge if there will be interviews at all since I'm trying to book a vacation for mid-October. I dnt want to be out of the county during that time if there are interviews being held.

That's a good question. I think it depends on how many people applied and how far they are in the deciding process. The best bet is probably to give them a call and ask.

And thanks for clarifying, OurJourneyToOT! My pre-req GPA is lower than I originally listed then. Gotta keep reminding myself it's not just about numbers...

I checked the other thread to see when people were receiving interview notifications in previous years. In both 2013 and 2014, applicants were notified of interviews around mid October, and the interviews were conducted a few days after. A few applicants went through two rounds of interviews, but there were also applicants in those years that were accepted without receiving an invitation to interview.

Omgosh me tooooo!!! And I found out they needed a letter of non enrollment from a school I never attended So I'm dropping that off this week since document deadlines for the university is 10/01. And I'm appealing my non ca resident too bc I'm a CA resident, it's a total hassle! But clearing the non resident thing- the deadline is January. But I'm doing it asap anyways. And all of our status says "fee non paid" ugh.

I feel you! It says I need to send in the two transcripts from the two schools I went to, but OTCAS straight up said that if you applied through OTCAS you don't need to send CSUDH your transcripts or LORs. Good thing I did include both transcripts in the packet to CSUDH anyway just to cover bases, and they still say I'm missing transcripts...

Was there a number you called to clear up the whole "non CA resident" issue? I'd like to clear that up asap too

Hi!
Here's my stats, also applied for this upcoming year.

Undergrad: UC Berkeley, class of 2016
Major: Practice of Art, as well as a minor in Disability Studies, and A.A. in General Science at my community college
GPA: 3.82
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 154 V, 154 Q, 5.0 AWA
Observation: 82 hours from an OT
Other experience: 1.5 years working as a medical receptionist for a PT and MD, interned at an art studio for adults with developmental disabilities, and a semester of helping out in an assisted yoga class.
Letters from an OT, a professor I had for 3 semesters, and supervisor from the assisted yoga class.

I don't remember writing down the amount of hours to anything in the application, but did add the time frame I was there. Also in the app, I added most things except my paid job to the "extra curricular" section (as well as other things like being in a club volunteering at an animal shelter and teaching art at an elementary school).

I also didn't use OTCAS, and only did CalState Apply and mailed in my app.
My app said my transcripts needed to be submitted for a few weeks (maybe up to a month) after I applied, but do not have any outstanding messages at this point. My CalState Apply was submitted about mid-August, and my physical app was sent in late-August.

I'm feeling pretty confident about my stats, but like everyone else, am worried about some things. It's hard when you have to sum up your experience in so little words!

I feel you! It says I need to send in the two transcripts from the two schools I went to, but OTCAS straight up said that if you applied through OTCAS you don't need to send CSUDH your transcripts or LORs. Good thing I did include both transcripts in the packet to CSUDH anyway just to cover bases, and they still say I'm missing transcripts...

Was there a number you called to clear up the whole "non CA resident" issue? I'd like to clear that up asap too

Hey! Ya I called admissions and asked them how to clear my non ca residency and explained I am a ca resident. Also, Google CSUDH residency and there should be a link for the page with all the instructions let me know if you have anymore question

Huh... I was looking at the website again, and I was looking at the wrong area. Yeah, mine also says "fee not paid". Good thing it seems standard.

I went to UCSD too! What year did you graduate? Good luck applying to CSUDH!

I went to UCSD too! What year did you graduate? Good luck applying to CSUDH!

I graduated 2016. INeedABreak is also from UCSD haha so many alums :) Thank you best of luck to you too!

I applied for this cycle and REALLY hoping I get in. I'm also applying to USC but CSUDH is my first choice due to cost.

University: Cal Poly Pomona
Major: Liberal Studies (It's a teaching major because I wanted to teach. I also took courses for Adapted PE and Special Education)
Overall Undergrad GPA: 3.5 , CPP GPA 3.89
GRE: 153 V 152 Q 4.0 AWA
Observation/Volunteer hours: 100 combined for Pediatric clinic and special day school , 80 hours hand therapy
Other experience/extracurricular: Volunteered with equine therapy for kids with autism, caregiver to brother who suffered a stroke, Adapted PE volunteer hours and various schools, Volunteer at a Motor Development Clinic for kids with disabilities

Letters from OT, employer, and professor

I'm currently studying to retake the GRE to beef up my scores for USC. What I worry about the most is my GRE scores since they're on the low average. :(

Good Luck to everyone!!!

I applied for this cycle and REALLY hoping I get in. I'm also applying to USC but CSUDH is my first choice due to cost.

University: Cal Poly Pomona
Major: Liberal Studies (It's a teaching major because I wanted to teach. I also took courses for Adapted PE and Special Education)
Overall Undergrad GPA: 3.5 , CPP GPA 3.89
GRE: 153 V 152 Q 4.0 AWA
Observation/Volunteer hours: 100 combined for Pediatric clinic and special day school , 80 hours hand therapy
Other experience/extracurricular: Volunteered with equine therapy for kids with autism, caregiver to brother who suffered a stroke, Adapted PE volunteer hours and various schools, Volunteer at a Motor Development Clinic for kids with disabilities

Letters from OT, employer, and professor

I'm currently studying to retake the GRE to beef up my scores for USC. What I worry about the most is my GRE scores since they're on the low average. :(

Good Luck to everyone!!!
Anyone hear anything from the department yet?? Last year around this time exactly people started getting acceptance letters..

Anyone hear anything from the department yet?? Last year around this time exactly people started getting acceptance letters..

Last year, they typically started sending out acceptances the 2nd Friday of October. So we might hear back on Friday the 13th lol

Last edited:
Last year, starting on Friday's is usually when they start sending acceptances. So we might hear back on Friday the 13th lol
If we hear back on Friday the 13th best Friday the 13th ever.. bc they send rejection letters in November

Gah, seriously...fingers crossed for Friday the 13th!

I haven't heard of them preferring applicants based on gender, but I have heard they prefer those who completed their undergraduate studies from there. I haven't looked into the validity of that and have seen people posting throughout the other thread that attended other schools anyway. Also based on that thread, quite a few post about having 4.0s in prerequisites, but I've seen posts of others getting in with a B and even heard of someone getting in with two Bs (though that person had a 5 in the AWA). It also looks like each half point increase in the AWA gives applicants a higher chance, and plenty have gotten in with 4.5s in the past. It is kind of difficult to just compare to stats of previous cohorts though because it'll depend on the stats of everyone that applied for this cycle. Good luck with getting in :)

Hi, I am currently in the CSUDH MSOT program, and I will say that they DO NOT give preferential treatment to those who completed undergraduate studies at CSUDH. Many of the students that got accepted the previous cohort came from high ranking UCs (not trying to say that they prefer UCs either. It may be due to the students coming from those schools having higher GRE scores, GPAs etc.) There were a few from Cal States, and a few from out of state. When I talked to the department, they stated that acceptance varies based on the applicant pool. However, CSUDH's OT program has been notorious for looking at numbers, aka GRE scores, specifically writing. This rumored standard MAY change, due to when I applied, there was an increase in high GRE writing scores. However, you still want to be a good all around applicant with good LORs and whatnot.

I haven't gotten anything yet either. I've been so nervous lately that I think I've been pissing off my family and boyfriend. :laugh:

Me too! Hahahha and the thing is both my fiancé and I applied to the program but I'm more of a nervous wreck than him and I'm driving him nuts hahaha

Hi, I am currently in the CSUDH MSOT program, and I will say that they DO NOT give preferential treatment to those who completed undergraduate studies at CSUDH. Many of the students that got accepted the previous cohort came from high ranking UCs (not trying to say that they prefer UCs either. It may be due to the students coming from those schools having higher GRE scores, GPAs etc.) There were a few from Cal States, and a few from out of state. When I talked to the department, they stated that acceptance varies based on the applicant pool. However, CSUDH's OT program has been notorious for looking at numbers, aka GRE scores, specifically writing. This rumored standard MAY change, due to when I applied, there was an increase in high GRE writing scores. However, you still want to be a good all around applicant with good LORs and whatnot.
I mostly figured it was inaccurate because it doesn't say anywhere on their site nor was it stated at the info session that they prefer their own students, whereas the school I attended has a physician assistant program and is very clear on their website that they prefer their own graduates.

Wow reading all these posts are making me negative about getting in! Everyone has such amazing stats. Here are mine

University:
CSULB
Major: Health Care Administration
Overall Undergrad GPA: 3.85 Major GPA:4.0
Prereq GPA: 3.67 (got a B in stats 5 years ago and B in psych)
GRE: 148 V 150 Q 4.5 AWA
Observation/Volunteer hours: 70 hours at an outpatient clinic at a hospital
Other experience/extracurricular: Outstanding Student Citation Award, top 5% of class, volunteer at various hospitals, work as a preschool teacher for 3 years.
LORS: 1 from a preceptor, one from the department head of my school, and one from an OT

I'll be re-taking the two prerequisites I got a B in and retaking the GRE to apply for San Jose State.

Your total observation hours is only 70 hours?

I mostly figured it was inaccurate because it doesn't say anywhere on their site nor was it stated at the info session that they prefer their own students, whereas the school I attended has a physician assistant program and is very clear on their website that they prefer their own graduates.

Has anyone heard anything today???

Has anyone heard anything today???
Nope! It must be coming soon. The years prior didn't send out their first round on the second Friday, so I'm not necessarily counting on today. In 2015 it was sent out even earlier.

Good luck!!

Nope! It must be coming soon. The years prior didn't send out their first round on the second Friday, so I'm not necessarily counting on today. In 2015 it was sent out even earlier.

Good luck!!

Last year, according to the forums, they started sending them out on Oct 14, 2016. Maybe they received more applications this year. I think i'm better off just getting surprised instead of constantly checking my email. The anxiety is building up knowing acceptances will be sent out soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Last year, according to the forums, they started sending them out on Oct 14, 2016. Maybe they received more applications this year. I think i'm better off just getting surprised instead of constantly checking my email. The anxiety is building up knowing acceptances will be sent out soon!
Oops, what I meant was the years prior to last year. It does look like it was the second Friday last year, but I wanted to bring up that there was no definite pattern since the year prior to that was not the second Friday. I think it was on a Sunday. But you're right... need to stop checking! Plus, they seem to send them out in batches, not all at once, so it might not even by any time soon. I need to keep myself busy with meaningful occupation! :laugh:

I
Oops, what I meant was the years prior to last year. It does look like it was the second Friday last year, but I wanted to bring up that there was no definite pattern since the year prior to that was not the second Friday. I think it was on a Sunday. But you're right... need to stop checking! Plus, they seem to send them out in batches, not all at once, so it might not even by any time soon. I need to keep myself busy with meaningful occupation! :laugh:

Hahha I know me tooooo. I know I’m driving myself bonkers. I’m trying to keep my mind focused on my cognitive research but our research actually started from a previous research based on working memory training on GRE and I keep relating it back to OT so I can’t help the anxiousness haha... so I can’t help the obsessiveness of checking ughhhh lol. oh the wait.

So I called the CSUDH OT Department, and the lady was sorta ambiguous. She said decisions could be mailed out mid to late November but it could also be any time before that. She also said it would be mailed as a hard copy to our house. I did not know that.
I told her my portal still says "fee not paid" "non-CA resident" and that the admissions office still hasn't received my transcripts, but she said to just wait for a decision made by the OT department since I did complete the OTCAS, Cal State Apply, and mailed them the MOT application packet.

I have to admit I am getting slightly frustrated by the process. I understand that they are a public school and receive lots of applications but this wait and lack of transparency is getting tedious

So I called the CSUDH OT Department, and the lady was sorta ambiguous. She said decisions could be mailed out mid to late November but it could also be any time before that. She also said it would be mailed as a hard copy to our house. I did not know that.
I told her my portal still says "fee not paid" "non-CA resident" and that the admissions office still hasn't received my transcripts, but she said to just wait for a decision made by the OT department since I did complete the OTCAS, Cal State Apply, and mailed them the MOT application packet.

I have to admit I am getting slightly frustrated by the process. I understand that they are a public school and receive lots of applications but this wait and lack of transparency is getting tedious

Did they ask you your name when you call them? I wonder if this year the process is different because in the past few years acceptances are sent out thru emails first then hard copy snail mail... then again who did you speak to? The past few years the contact person was patty and she's the one that sent the acceptance emails this year in the catalog for 2017/2018 OT contact person is Chondia?

Idk the process is diff from other schools and when I talk about to it my research mentors (one of our principal investigator is the director of our Schools psych grad program) and they share with me the administrative processes at a CSU.. and they find it complicated when i explain certain stuff to them abt this process.