General Admissions & OTCAS CSUDH Applicant Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just checked mycsudh on my phone and it looks like the site is down until nov 6? Omg
Question! Do they update your admission status on mycsudh? I took OTR410 so I have an account but I don't know if mine is somehow linked to my OT application. I never even knew you could check the status on there!

Members don't see this ad.

Question! Do they update your admission status on mycsudh? I took OTR410 so I have an account but I don't know if mine is somehow linked to my OT application. I never even knew you could check the status on there!
Yes there’s a button that says application status, however the site is down for maintenance until tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

I just signed into MyCSUDH today and there is no button that says application status. This has been true since before the site went down for maintenance, so I emailed the CSUDH admissions dept (not OT dept) to verify that my application was complete and they said it is and is being reviewed by the OT dept. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I just signed into MyCSUDH today and there is no button that says application status. This has been true since before the site went down for maintenance, so I emailed the CSUDH admissions dept (not OT dept) to verify that my application was complete and they said it is and is being reviewed by the OT dept. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Okay, so just emailed OT department and here's what I received in response:

"The department decisions are not updated in MyCSUDH or any website. You will just have to wait for a mailed letter to your home address provided in the MSOT Application Checklist."

I know that in years past, people have checked online and it showed that they were accepted there, so there is some misalignment in what they are saying. However, some of those same people later found out that the same notification was in error, so... I guess I'll just have to take what they say and run with it! Still crossing my fingers, hoping to see something in the mail...

Reactions: 1 user

"The department decisions are not updated in MyCSUDH or any website. You will just have to wait for a mailed letter to your home address provided in the MSOT Application Checklist."

I know that in years past, people have checked online and it showed that they were accepted there, so there is some misalignment in what they are saying. However, some of those same people later found out that the same notification was in error, so... I guess I'll just have to take what they say and run with it! Still crossing my fingers, hoping to see something in the mail...

Wait so they're not doing acceptances through email anymore?! I'm confused. It's just all through hard mail?? Does that mean they've made decisions already?! I kinda had a feeling the admin person has changed. In the catalog it says the contact person is Chondia not Patty anymore. And in the past it's patty that emails the acceptance notices..

I still check MyCSUDH as maybe a sign of something. I also get a mini heart attack every time I check my application status :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
I still check MyCSUDH as maybe a sign of something. I also get a mini heart attack every time I check my application status :nailbiting:

I checked ours today and there's a new thing under application status abt math approved by petition.. Idk what that is but it's new. Anyone else see that?

Wait so they're not doing acceptances through email anymore?! I'm confused. It's just all through hard mail?? Does that mean they've made decisions already?! I kinda had a feeling the admin person has changed. In the catalog it says the contact person is Chondia not Patty anymore. And in the past it's patty that emails the acceptance notices..
That would make sense if there's a new admissions team because it doesn't seem like the same pattern at all from the previous years. Lucky us..

I checked ours today and there's a new thing under application status abt math approved by petition.. Idk what that is but it's new. Anyone else see that?
Yeah, I see the EPT/ELM thing too.

Check the mycsudh portal! It says I was admitted but I want to make sure it’s for real! Haha

Reactions: 2 users
Check the mycsudh portal! It says I was admitted but I want to make sure it’s for real! Haha
Congratulations! It looks like it's well deserved. I checked mycsudh and there was no change in my status so it looks like it's legit! Would probably wait for the official letter just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)

Mine says that too! I haven't received an email or letter from CSUDH yet though.

I also see the EPT/ELM petition section, that was probably added during the time when the site was down.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I took OTR 410 as well and see no application status button under the Applicants page of my CSUDH :(

Congrats! Seems like they're going for the ones with the highest cumulative GPA+high Verbal GRE+REALLY GOOD Rec letter/and or personal statement first. I wouldn't by surprised if you get either an official email or letter in the mail (if you live in CA) tomorrow!

Congrats! Seems like they're going for the ones with the highest cumulative GPA+high Verbal GRE+REALLY GOOD Rec letter/and or personal statement first. I wouldn't by surprised if you get either an official email or letter in the mail (if you live in CA) tomorrow!
Glad to hear some people are finally getting some good news! Congrats to the ones who were admitted!

Reactions: 3 users
Mine also says I was admitted under the “Application Status” tab. I haven’t decided if I should continue to wait patiently for an official letter or contact them tomorrow asking if this means I’m accepted. I’m mostly confused by it since they told someone else the website would not be notifying us about acceptances.

Mine also says I was admitted under the “Application Status” tab. I haven’t decided if I should continue to wait patiently for an official letter or contact them tomorrow asking if this means I’m accepted. I’m mostly confused by it since they told someone else the website would not be notifying us about acceptances.

First off CONGRATS to all that says admitted!!!!! Second quick question it says admitted? What does it say under "accept admission"? Is there an option "accept or decline admission"? What does it say under Accept Admission?
Bc this morning we called the department abt the fee not paid thing and the ELM status thing and the department mentioned decisions aren't linked to portal. I hope this is legit!! Sounds legit honestly!

Congratulations TerribleWithUserNames! Will you let us know if you end up receiving an official letter? I was the one that emailed Patty and she said that we should wait for the official letter...but it doesn't really stand to reason that your application status would change like that unless OT dept notified CSUDH to say you were admitted either. Maybe it's just because they have had some glitches with that communication in the past (only once that I know of, on this forum). Anyway would love to hear, this waiting game is really driving me mad!

Congrats everyone!! Yay they're finally being sent out!

No change in mine, though!

First off CONGRATS to all that says admitted!!!!! Second quick question it says admitted? What does it say under "accept admission"? Is there an option "accept or decline admission"? What does it say under Accept Admission?
Bc this morning we called the department abt the fee not paid thing and the ELM status thing and the department mentioned decisions aren't linked to portal. I hope this is legit!! Sounds legit honestly!
The "Accept Admission" tab hasn't changed and says, "You have no applications for admission. Contact the Office of Admissions if you need further assistance." This would be another reason I'm confused by the other tab, which states, "You have been admitted to the university and you are now eligible to enroll."

Congratulations TerribleWithUserNames! Will you let us know if you end up receiving an official letter? I was the one that emailed Patty and she said that we should wait for the official letter...but it doesn't really stand to reason that your application status would change like that unless OT dept notified CSUDH to say you were admitted either. Maybe it's just because they have had some glitches with that communication in the past (only once that I know of, on this forum). Anyway would love to hear, this waiting game is really driving me mad!
And yes, I'll keep everyone posted with anything coming from the school. Hopefully we start seeing official letters soon!

The "Accept Admission" tab hasn't changed and says, "You have no applications for admission. Contact the Office of Admissions if you need further assistance." This would be another reason I'm confused by the other tab, which states, "You have been admitted to the university and you are now eligible to enroll."

And yes, I'll keep everyone posted with anything coming from the school. Hopefully we start seeing official letters soon!

Wow this is getting more confusing lol. What is going on... lol so different from previous years.. in previous years it’s the other way around, the accept admission tab changes first and then application status changes to “admitted to University eligible to enroll” after you have accepted admission, confirmation letter of intent to attend has been received and deposit has been made.

I contacted admissions who transferred me to the OT department. I'm not sure who answered the second call (he said his name though it was a little hard to hear). He said he couldn't tell me if I was accepted and to wait for an official letter, but he did tell me that some letters are going out.

I contacted admissions who transferred me to the OT department. I'm not sure who answered the second call (he said his name though it was a little hard to hear). He said he couldn't tell me if I was accepted and to wait for an official letter, but he did tell me that some letters are going out.
Congratulations to everyone! I’m definitely glad they’re finally sending some letters out!

Congratulations to everyone! I’m definitely glad they’re finally sending some letters out!
Obsessively checking the mailbox everyday now :nailbiting: ughhh :yeahright: idk if I'm more nervous than excited, now that they're sending out mail.

They should just accept everyone that's been posting on this forum as it is obvious we are all obsessive and clearly our obsessive behaviors and anxiousness shows how bad we really want this. Lol

Reactions: 5 users

For all those that has been admitted according to CSUDH portal... have you guys received an official letter yet? Any updates

For all those that has been admitted according to CSUDH portal... have you guys received an official letter yet? Any updates

No letter yet! I’m wondering also if the mail was delayed because there was a holiday. Either way this is the worst kind of torture! Lol. I’ll try calling if nothing happens in the next few days.

Today my CSUDH account switched over to say that I was admitted, but I haven't received an official letter or anything. I'm really not sure if I'm in or not, but I sure hope I am, and it's weird how it didn't say admitted until today.

Okay so I’m thinking maybe they’re still making decisions and waiting to send out letters until they’re done! They kept saying to wait until mid November so I’m assuming that’s when we’ll find out for sure. Stay strong! The wait is almost over!

My fiancé's status changed too!! His says he's been admitted to the university.. but nothing else has changed. No mails in the letter, no emails, the accept admission tab is still the same.

Mine still hasn't changed :( he did submit his app a week earlier than me.. :arghh::arghh::arghh:ugh

I just checked mine and under the application status page at the bottom it says I was admitted to the university. I'm really hoping this is actually what it means haha. *fingers crossed!!*

I just checked mine and under the application status page at the bottom it says I was admitted to the university. I'm really hoping this is actually what it means haha. *fingers crossed!!*

I wonder if they really are starting from the highest GPA first.

I just checked mine also and it said I was admitted!! Now we have to wait for snail mail to see if this is really true. Which I’m hoping!

Just checked mine and it says you have been admitted as well!!

Congrats to everyone that's been admitted! To those newly admitted, when did you guys turn in your apps?

Congrats to everyone that's been admitted! To those newly admitted, when did you guys turn in your apps?
I turned my CalStateApply app on 9/8 and my OT application on Sept 14. I talked to one of the students in cohort 13 during the info session about it too. We used to volunteer together and she told me she turned hers in the last day so I wasn’t too worried about the timing of when it was turned in. Not gonna lie I still felt like I procrastinated but really blanked on them looking at all our applications equally

My fiancé turned in his app 8/28. I turned mine in a week after that my status hasn't changed His did as of today.

We called the university. A couple of things.. does EVERYONE here have that ELM EPT petition approved? some girl in the university advisement said that is only reviewed after acceptance to the university. But we told her this is grad program.. idk if she knew exactly what she was talking about..

And then they said admitted means you've been admitted to the university met all requirements for university..(university GPA and GRE requirement) but they couldn't tell us if it means admitted to the program.

Why is this process a big giant puzzle it feels :arghh:

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to those admitted! Hopefully this is real!! My status changed today as well. And I submitted my app a couple of days before the Sept. 15 deadline! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!

Oh and the university mentioned something about when the application was considered complete (all transcripts received) and sent over to dept.. not on when you submit cal state apply.

Last question, did those of you admitted apply through otcas or hand deliver your packet?

Undergrad school: University of California, San Diego
Major: Biology, Minors: Psychology, Health Care and Social Issues
Overall GPA: 3.05
Last 68.7 semester units GPA: 3.43
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V 156 Q 158 W 4.5
Observation hours: 51 hours in one peds clinic, 32 hours in another peds clinic, and 20 in hospital setting = total 103 hours
Work experience: 1.5 years as a Behavioral Therapist, 1 year working in cancer research lab, 1 year as Clinical Care Extender (CCE), 1/2 year as Research Associate in ER
LOR: 2 OTs, 1 Anatomy professor

I know my overall undergrad GPA is low, but I figured I'd apply to CSUDH anyway and try my luck. The application process was exhausting. It's so stressful too bc on my account it says "fee not paid" and "Non CA Resident" even though I am.

We almost have identical stats. Except I have over 400 hours under licensed OTs. I'm super stressed because I know my cumulative GPA is low, but theres not much that can be done about that as of now. Dhills is my first choice so I can stay close to home and save some money, but I'm looking into other programs as well since I don't feel like I have a huge chance of getting in. What other programs have you looked at or applied to?

Hey guys! I've been lurking for a while, I just checked my status on myCSDUH and it changed to admitted to the university! I applied last year and didn't get in so I'm super excited and I hope this means that we are accepted!

Is everyone else as stressed as me about decisions coming out?? I've been obsessively refreshing my application status page, even know I know they're mailing out hard copy decisions. I know my getting admitted is super slim, but I'm still hopeful and would love not to have to pay app fees for other programs! My stats are pretty low, but I'm still crossing my fingers to get in.

Undergraduate Major: Applied Biological Sciences
Cumulative GPA: 3.06
Pre-Req GPS: 3.84
GRE Scores: 153 verbal, 157 math, 4 writing
Total Observation Hours: 450
LORs from: organic chemistry lab professor, 2 OTs and a Behavior Therapist

Hey, my status just changed to admitted under the application status tab. I was wondering if it just says “you have been admitted to the university” and nothing else for you too. Thanks in advance!

Omg congrats!

Hey, my status just changed to admitted under the application status tab. I was wondering if it just says “you have been admitted to the university” and nothing else for you too. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, all it says is "You have been admitted to the university."