CSUEB PHAP Program or UC Davis Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lybron93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
bump

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UC Davis no doubt! Congrats on the acceptance!

B/c I have 2.5 years of volunteering in the ER, I'm published in cancer research, and other EC's. I really just need to work on my GPA and MCAT. I really do want to go to UC Davis, and I don't want to squander the acceptance, because I know if I were to give it up, then people would snatch it immediately. But I don't know if it's the right choice for me...

Go to Davis.

UCD tends to have lower metrics for acceptance relative to other schools. UCD is also very mission-driven: serving the underserved and increasing healthcare access in the greater Northern California region.

At Davis, I would focus on getting your GPA and MCAT up to par. Do all the clinical and non-clinical volunteering you can, so you have your best shot at acceptance to UCDSOM later on, since you would have you foot in the door already. During my time at UCD, most of the pre-health advisers (not all) actually knew what they were talking about (i.e. worked for UCDSOM admissions in the past or worked for another admissions office) and were friendly and helpful.

Davis has a really good quality of life as well. Friendly, relaxed, and safe atmosphere. Apart from the students, mostly young couples starting their families or retired folks.

Go to Davis.

UCD tends to have lower metrics for acceptance relative to other schools. UCD is also very mission-driven: serving the underserved and increasing healthcare access in the greater Northern California region.

At Davis, I would focus on getting your GPA and MCAT up to par. Do all the clinical and non-clinical volunteering you can, so you have your best shot at acceptance to UCDSOM later on, since you would have you foot in the door already. During my time at UCD, most of the pre-health advisers (not all) actually knew what they were talking about (i.e. worked for UCDSOM admissions in the past or worked for another admissions office) and were friendly and helpful.

Davis has a really good quality of life as well. Friendly, relaxed, and safe atmosphere. Apart from the students, mostly young couples starting their families or retired folks.
Thanks for responding to my post!

Yeah, so the major consensus I'm getting from people is not to squander this opportunity, as the post-bacc program is selective. So, they wouldn't have considered me unless they saw something.

I just want to be real with myself. I'm from a low-income background. I graduated from a CSU undergrad, with a semester system. First in my family to go to college. And the UCD Post-bacc program, it’s a shiny thing and tempting opportunity, but I really don’t know coming out, how I will do because I don’t know if I’m academically equipped for it.