CU Denver Skaggs SOP Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Irrelevantium

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!!

I haven’t seen any threads for this cycle for applying and wanted to see if anyone has gotten any interviews?? I got an email for an invitation and I chose the November 3 day. Anyone have any advice for preparation? Or know what the day is like?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying for the early decision? I did the early decision and did my interview on a video conference. After that interview, I was chosen as a finalist and asked to come to campus for an all-day event on Oct. 13. I have a friend there now, and he said that you will be required to write an essay (for about 30 minutes) on a topic that they give you--kind of like a personal opinion piece. He also said that they will split you up into groups and ask you to solve something as a team. I think the idea behind this is to determine how well you interact with your peers. I'm excited about it, but a little nervous as well.

Are you applying for the early decision? I did the early decision and did my interview on a video conference. After that interview, I was chosen as a finalist and asked to come to campus for an all-day event on Oct. 13. I have a friend there now, and he said that you will be required to write an essay (for about 30 minutes) on a topic that they give you--kind of like a personal opinion piece. He also said that they will split you up into groups and ask you to solve something as a team. I think the idea behind this is to determine how well you interact with your peers. I'm excited about it, but a little nervous as well.
I applied as a regular applicant! Im really excited for this interview and hope you can share with me your experience! That’s weird that they did a video interview before the real one, I’ve never heard that happening with Denver’s early decision. Regardless, I hope you do well! Do you know if the interviews are open or closed file?? Or if it’s a group or individual interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! That's awesome that you heard back already for the regular decision. Yeah, so CU did it a little different this year for early decision candidates. They chose to do the one-on-one faculty interviews prior to the all-day event. The email I received stated that if you got an invite after the one-on-one (virtual) faculty interview you were considered a finalist. So, the all-day event on the 13th does not contain a one-on-one interview, but I believe everything else on the schedule remains the same. Did they send you a schedule? I'm not sure about the open/closed file for the interviews, though. This is the only school I have applied at, so I'm really new to the process. I did complete the one-on-one interview and the faculty member that I spoke to made it really enjoyable and comfortable. I was super nervous prior to it, and the virtual part of it didn't help much. Haha! But, it was not bad at all! The interview lasted all of 30 minutes, and that's because I asked questions as well. You'll have to keep me posted on what you find out!

Ya, definitely! Are you in-state, if you don’t mind me asking? And they haven’t sent me a schedule; I’m expecting that to be sent closer to my interview day. And I’m pretty sure by then you will know if you are accepted! I heard that most people know if they are accepted as soon as two weeks after the interview! How exciting! GOOD LUCK!!!

My interview is scheduled for Nov 17th, good luck

Hi! I just submitted my application and it's in the verification process. I'm nervous so I really hope I'm offered an interview! Do you think I have good chances with a PCAT composite 94, about a 3.75 GPA, and I'll have a bachelor's degree in biology with minors in chemistry and psychology? I'm also a student-athlete.

I'm 99% sure you'll get in. Many in my class have sub 3.0 GPA and ~50 PCAT. The school struggled to fill its 2021 Class and even extended its application deadline 3 times. (Dec 1 to Jan 5th and then Jan 5th to March, March to June) With your stats, unless your 100% certain you want to be a pharmacist, I would look at other professions.