Curious about options If I don't make it to the professional phase

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmHopeful1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a high school senior and have been accepted to a 0-6 program and to UConn as a prepharm student. I'm leaning more towards UConn but the relatively small number of prepharm students it accepts into its professional program worries me. I was wondering if it is possible/how difficult it is to transfer to another pharmacy program after completing two years of undergraduate study if I end up not getting accepted into the professional phase.

Thoughts, advice, and other options are all appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I am assuming that the first two years are general pre-reqs from the undergrad campus in order to obtain what you need for their pharmacy school. I'm sure that the undergraduate courses you take will count towards applying to other pharmacy schools. What you should do is look at the other pharmacy schools you are considering and check their pre-reqs. You would probably have to go another year or two (3-4 years undergrad) to meet the pre-reqs for other schools. I'm sure that your undergraduate credits will count towards other programs and that if you chose not to go to UConn's pharmacy school that you can apply to other places once you have satisfied their pre-reqs.

Generally those classes that you take your first two years not only apply to UConn but also apply specifically to any other school of pharmacy. As previously mentioned, check the prereqs from each school as they are different for each school to make sure courses you are taking coincide. Good luck!