Current Area of Interest Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nikkishinde

UWM SVM c/o 2024
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm making this thread correctly (I'm new, sorry!)
When a University asks for my current area of interest, does it hurt to say undecided? Should I select whatever one I'm leaning towards even if it is just small animal medicine general?
Thanks!
 
Other people may have different opinions about this, but I don't think it's an issue to say you are leaning towards small animal GP but that you want to keep an open mind.

It's not as though there is a problem with "just" small animal medicine -- it's what most of the people who end up graduating from vet school will go into.

In general, I am an advocate of being straightforward about goals/reasons for applying on an application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad