• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

princessd3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't know too much about what is going on or even what important stuff happened in the last decade. Maybe we could all be enlightened if we start a discussion on current events or possible essay questions......Please....everyone participate...It could help us all. I have 3 weeks to become knowledgable enough to write a good essay on any given topic...Well who's gonna start it off?

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2000
Thunderdome
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It seems like the writing samples don't generally require knowledge of current events. Depending on the topic, you may be able to use current events as examples to support your arguments, but you certainly don't have to do this to get a good writing sample score.

vegangirl

DOctor begins with DO
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Milky Way Galaxy
Visit site
Status
:idea:

Just a suggestion, but you may want to sign up with new york times.com. Its free and I read it every morning while eating my breakfast. it has a ton of info pertaining to current events and a decent health/ science section

;)

About the Ads

Wahooali

The Real Sydney Bristow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Visit site
Status
I'm a huge fan of cnn.com. Up to date, and pretty concise summaries of what is going on. I read it while eating breakfast, or talking on IM. :) I used the be the same way, having no idea what was going on outside of my little college bubble, but now I'm more in the know.

CH3CH2OH

born to be wild-type
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
in the (cDNA) library
Visit site
Status
Non-Student
for the writing sample they ask you to analyze a general statement. you have to give an example, but a made-up hypothetical one works just as well as a real one.
of course, knowing what's going on in the world may be beneficial regardless ;)

About the Ads