1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Current Navy scholar here to Answer questions (HPSP & HSCP)

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by InagStudentCICOM, Aug 27, 2018.

1. InagStudentCICOM

Hi,

I'm a current Navy Collegiate Scholar (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aspiringgator

Pre-Pharmacy
    during the school year, do you have any commitments that you have to do for the HSCP program?

4. DrBennie

is the reserve time served while in school or after you have served active duty?

5. rebecca_chatul_tov

Pre-Pharmacy
    How many people did you board against for PharmD HSCP? I talked to a recruiter and he told me it was like 3 PharmD slots for 50 applicants.

6. InagStudentCICOM

During the school year, you only have to do 2 physical fitness tests a year and submit a monthly report that is a simple survey. Past that, these is no other requirements.

7. InagStudentCICOM

With HSCP, these is no reserve time.

8. InagStudentCICOM

HSCP slots are limited and change per year, and change per recruiting district. It is traditionally more limited than HPSP.

9. happy_6523

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy
    What does the physical fitness test include? I rarely exercise, so I worry about this part. When should we apply HSCP?

10. InagStudentCICOM

I would apply HSCP in the same cycle and manner you apply to medical school. If you wait until after you get accepted, you are behind the curve.
    For the navy the requirements change by age, but include a 1.5mile run at about an 8-8:30min per mile pace, 2mins of sit ups (min of 45), and 2 mins of pushups (min of 40?). Those are approximate numbers - please google search. If exercise isn't something you're interested in, I'd reconsider the military. You could be in a combat zone one day, and no one wants someone that is out of shape and can't function under stress in that scenario.