Current Navy scholar here to Answer questions (HPSP & HSCP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

InagStudentCICOM

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm a current Navy Collegiate Scholar (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many people did you board against for PharmD HSCP? I talked to a recruiter and he told me it was like 3 PharmD slots for 50 applicants.
 
What does the physical fitness test include? I rarely exercise, so I worry about this part. When should we apply HSCP?
 
What does the physical fitness test include? I rarely exercise, so I worry about this part. When should we apply HSCP?

I would apply HSCP in the same cycle and manner you apply to medical school. If you wait until after you get accepted, you are behind the curve.
For the navy the requirements change by age, but include a 1.5mile run at about an 8-8:30min per mile pace, 2mins of sit ups (min of 45), and 2 mins of pushups (min of 40?). Those are approximate numbers - please google search. If exercise isn't something you're interested in, I'd reconsider the military. You could be in a combat zone one day, and no one wants someone that is out of shape and can't function under stress in that scenario.