Customer complaints filed against you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcatunc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
Just wanted to start this thread so that people can vent about any ridiculous complaints filed against you. I got my first complaint from the district office filed against me yesterday (*high five!*) :scared:
I got into an exchange yesterday with a customer. The customer got mad because the doctor didn't call back and proceeded to tell me that we offered poor service. After telling him that those things are out of our control, he got mad at me and told me that I didn't need to "lecture" to him. He even asked me which country I was born in, because people don't handle things like this in "our country". Nevermind that this guy was has his PHD. Anyways, I was so mad and I couldn't stop thinking about it the entire day. I'm over it now, and I'm sure it won't be the last complaint filed against me, legitimate or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey
Just wanted to start this thread so that people can vent about any ridiculous complaints filed against you. I got my first complaint from the district office filed against me yesterday (*high five!*) :scared:
I got into an exchange yesterday with a customer. The customer got mad because the doctor didn't call back and proceeded to tell me that we offered poor service. After telling him that those things are out of our control, he got mad at me and told me that I didn't need to "lecture" to him. He even asked me which country I was born in, because people don't handle things like this in "our country". Nevermind that this guy was has his PHD. Anyways, I was so mad and I couldn't stop thinking about it the entire day. I'm over it now, and I'm sure it won't be the last complaint filed against me, legitimate or not.

I had a 14 page letter of complaint from a customer for something i didn't even do... It bugged me for days... cuz I know I do my job well. But customers come and go... and you just gotta look at the bright side... for all the bad customers you encounter... there will always be customers who appreciate the work that you do.

this happened to my brother not me..we both work at a pharmacy

some lady came to pick up her kid's amoxicillin and my brother told her he was going to go mix it because you can't do that until the patient comes to pick it up. she walked over to where he was mixing it and asked him why it hadn't already been done. he explained to her why we don't mix suspensions until the patient is there to pick it up because if we mix it before and they don't pick it up it's lost medication that can't be dispensed cuz it goes bad after 14 days or so. then she got pissed that it wasn't already mixed, because she couldn't wait the 1.5 minutes it takes to mix so she took his name, the pharmacist's name, and the manager's name and called corporate. she'll probably get a gift card knowing the company we work for.

WTF??

Members don't see this ad :)
welcome to retail ha ha pretty much anyplace that you interact directly with the public you have to deal with a few that make everyone else look bad .. just don't get too jaded and start taking the really sweet customers for granted cause the rotten ones stick in your mind ( started hapening to me after a few years as a retail tech before I learned to not let those petty people get to me )

oh forgot to add my worse we had a customer when i worked for a large HMO (rhymes with Pfizer) who threw a large bottle of Tagamet across the cashier area .. we ducked on the filling line as it opened up in mid air flying right where one of our heads had just been ... we filed a report to member services and we heard she only recieved a letter politly explaining the brand /generic policy no mention of the thrown bottle at all !!! ( and oh yes she threw the bottle at us because she recieved generic, the doctor nor her profile made no mention of her wanting brand .. she had in fact never had anything filled with us

Our country?

Such people don't represent my country. Sadly, my country is basically gone; it now is inhabited mostly by self-absorbed jerks who have an extremely high sense of self-entitlement.

haha, i actually look forward to customer complaints. My manager basically they have no bearing whatsoever for us, unless they're chronic and have some merit to it. My manager is more likely to believe me than some random customer sending in a complaint.

I mean...as tech/clerks, we'll be quitting soon enough anyway.

So yeah..I say, bring 'em on!

the toughest part of life is having to deal with people.

Our country?
Such people don't represent my country. Sadly, my country is basically gone; it now is inhabited mostly by self-absorbed jerks who have an extremely high sense of self-entitlement.

Freedom, assertiveness, self-esteem are highly praised in America. For example, some questions at pharmacy school interview are "Why you think you are better than other applicants", "why should we choose you?"."What are good things about you"...those type of questions where it focus on "self-confidence". These traits are great. Of course, as a pharmacist, I must be able to stand up for myself and patients.

However, it "may" transform to self-absorbed/self-centered characters like you said. Unfortunately, humbleness is not highly regarded character here.
From my culture, if people give you compliment and you tell "thank you", it used to be considered to be rude. From my experience, "some" foreigners have higher respect toward healthcare worker.

It was my first day at work, I came in knowing nothing about what to do with insurance. Near the end of the day, this patient came in and throw me her insurance card and said: "Add this in now." I told her that I'm fairly new here and havn't got a chance to know the insurance so I will ask another more experienced pharm tech to help her for more efficient service. First you said "you don't know how to put insurance? YOU DON"T KNOW!!!??" She opened her cell phone in a dramatic manner and said to the phone: "I'm at the pharmacy, apparently, this little girl doesn't know how to speak English!!" I'm from Taiwan and it really just shocked me how rude this person was. I know I have no problem speaking fluent English. I wasn't about to do anything that will get me in trouble for my job on the first day, good thing is another pharm tech saw this and came to my rescue. Blah, what a great first day

It was my first day at work, I came in knowing nothing about what to do with insurance. Near the end of the day, this patient came in and throw me her insurance card and said: "Add this in now." I told her that I'm fairly new here and havn't got a chance to know the insurance so I will ask another more experienced pharm tech to help her for more efficient service. First you said "you don't know how to put insurance? YOU DON"T KNOW!!!??" She opened her cell phone in a dramatic manner and said to the phone: "I'm at the pharmacy, apparently, this little girl doesn't know how to speak English!!" I'm from Taiwan and it really just shocked me how rude this person was. I know I have no problem speaking fluent English. I wasn't about to do anything that will get me in trouble for my job on the first day, good thing is another pharm tech saw this and came to my rescue. Blah, what a great first day

Yeah, the same situation happened with me. My parents are from Taiwan, but I was born and raised in Raleigh, NC. The only accent that I have is a southern accent from growing up in North Carolina. It's unfortunate how some, (and I stress SOME) people will automatically judge you based on your skin color.

welcome to retail ha ha pretty much anyplace that you interact directly with the public you have to deal with a few that make everyone else look bad .. just don't get too jaded and start taking the really sweet customers for granted cause the rotten ones stick in your mind ( started hapening to me after a few years as a retail tech before I learned to not let those petty people get to me )

oh forgot to add my worse we had a customer when i worked for a large HMO (rhymes with Pfizer) who threw a large bottle of Tagamet across the cashier area .. we ducked on the filling line as it opened up in mid air flying right where one of our heads had just been ... we filed a report to member services and we heard she only recieved a letter politly explaining the brand /generic policy no mention of the thrown bottle at all !!! ( and oh yes she threw the bottle at us because she recieved generic, the doctor nor her profile made no mention of her wanting brand .. she had in fact never had anything filled with us
This is actually assault under the law with the possibility of battery. My pharmacists would have asked this person where they wanted their prescriptions transfered to, because we would not be filling hers at our pharmacy any more.

We get our share of customers that think medication is 'fast food' ('What do you mean it will take 15 minutes to fill my prescription? It's just a Z-pack and you have it right there in your hand.'). Funny thing is that they will happily wait an hour for photos, and pay a premium for that hour, but heaven forbid that they have to wait 5 minutes for 240 oxycontin. Most customers/patients are indeed polite and patient, but those few tend to stick in your mind, don't they?

The only complaint that has been filed against me was actually supposed to be about the pharmacist, who has the same first name as me! The customer assumed that the person she was complaining about must be the tech, not the pharmacist. But my boss asked me about it and realized what was up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wished sooo many times that we could have banned people but it was an HMO so not even the highest pharmacy manager could do that only member services and they would never do a thing to these people.. fortunately the main security office for our entire hospital was right next door to the pharmacy so I learned that phone number real quick !! :laugh:

This isn't about a customer complaint, but the worst thing I have ever witnessed was an incident at the drive-thru with another pharmacy tech. We have the pneumatic tube for lane 2 and it's impossible to fit many things in it at one time. This patient was picking up two scripts so he had to take both items out of the bag and send them out one at a time. In the process he accidentally forgot to send the bag (yes, she got her scripts, label, and receipt). She complained that she didn't "get no bag." We could hear everything the patient was saying because we had the speaker system at the time. The tech apologized for forgetting the bag and offered to send it right out to her. She said, "Are you tryin to get smart with me boy?" He explains no, not at all; he just wants to send the bag out to her. She then say "You better stop being a smart *** with me." He again apologizes and asks her once more if she wants the bag (because she was still holding onto the tube). She says...exact words..."YOU A DEAD MOTHERF--ER!"

I heard those words as well as all the patients standing at the out counter. In my mind that's a threat that could be taken to the police. This tech was being as nice as he could be to her; she was crazy! We both informed the store manager of the incident, including her name. We were hoping that he would write a letter and tell her not to come back to our store. No, all he said was "Well, let me know if anything bad happens." Huh?? That tech was only 17 and was scared for the next week.

Other than that event, I've learned to see the amusement behind this adult fit throwing. My kids don't even act like most of these people - it's laughable.

Gotta love the world of retail. Can't wait until I go from my hospital OP pharmacy to a retail. :thumbup:

From my culture, if people give you compliment and you tell "thank you", it used to be considered to be rude.

That's interesting. Do you think you could translate why it's rude to say thank you? Is it a form of arrogance to thank a person, as if saying "Yes I AM that."

I love cultural differences. It reminds me that things I assume are natural behavior are more often than not, cultural conditioning.

she'll probably get a gift card knowing the company we work for.

WTF??

++ I'm freakin tired of companies who just dole out gift cards because someone complains, regardless of the situation. All it does is give people the green light to be jerks.

Gotta love working for an independent pharmacy. I had a short experiential rotation at one and the pharmacist did not put up with belligerent behavior. Of course you have to put up with some complaining, there will always be some. But he explained to me that he was always quick to nip any problem patient in the butt and explain proper behavior if they wanted to continue business at his pharmacy. Yelling and cursing were just not tolerated, if they did not learn there lesson they received a smile and a "you will not be receiving anymore prescriptions at this pharmacy, good bye".
This was not an often occurence, most of the people I saw that came in were very nice and happy to have a pharmacist that cared.

If your at a company where the pharmacy is a loss leader then management is going to dole out those gift cards like candy and let people treat you like crap a lot of the time. They want to keep their business through the rest of the store.

I was working one day and saw a lady shoving cough syrup down her pants in an attempted to shoplift. I alerted the store manager who waited calmly for the woman to exit the store to confront her. The lady figured out that we were on to her and dumped the stuff she had in her pants somewhere in the store. When we confronted her about stealing, she instantly replied "I'm not hiding anything in my pants" (we had not mentioned anything about her pants at this point) and chewed us out for a good 10 minutes. She ended up going to corporate about how we were stereotyping against her because she was of a minority race and landed a gift card out of it. We knew she was trying to steal but since she dumped it before exiting, we couldn't do anything about it. In the end, we ended up paying her for attempting to steal from us........ hmmmmmm. Thanks for listening to my venting. haha

wow this is soo amazing
stupid ppl in this world... should be hospitalized in a mental ward or somehting..

wow this is soo amazing
stupid ppl in this world... should be hospitalized in a mental ward or somehting..

Stupid? She got a free gift card out of it, didn't she? Who seems stupid, are the people who gave her the gift card.

He even asked me which country I was born in, because people don't handle things like this in "our country". Nevermind that this guy was has his PHD.

What country were you born in? Or of what heritage are you?

Yeah I look kinda mexican and can speak some spanish...so some patients come up to me with an attitude or speak slower, but the moment I open my mouth and ask "are there any more prescriptions or is this it?" in perfectly enunciated English, I notice they change the tone/inflection/speed of their voice.

haha...it's interesting. One time, a patient, after getting consulted by our pharmacist who has a heavy vietnamese accent, went over to me and said...."I really have no idea what she just said to me...can you go over this with me?"

yeah i have 1 complaint against me, and my pharmacist backed me up saying that it is okay. he told me that even management wanted me to put your name on the complaint, i wont do that.

so i was helping the customer. i told her that i dont really know the answer at the OTC section and why dont I have you go back to the pharmacy counter to ask my pharmacist. i guess she is deaf or something, so she just stood her and staring at the products. 5 minutes later, lo and behold, she came back and said I want to complain against the person who just helped me (which is me in this case). i was thinking wth, I am not going to stare at you and wait for you to respond if you didnt respond to me 10 seconds ago. you are probably going to file another complaint against me saying that I am checking you out. (ewww!) anyway, there is that one.

Gotta love working for an independent pharmacy. I had a short experiential rotation at one and the pharmacist did not put up with belligerent behavior. Of course you have to put up with some complaining, there will always be some. But he explained to me that he was always quick to nip any problem patient in the butt and explain proper behavior if they wanted to continue business at his pharmacy. Yelling and cursing were just not tolerated, if they did not learn there lesson they received a smile and a "you will not be receiving anymore prescriptions at this pharmacy, good bye".
This was not an often occurence, most of the people I saw that came in were very nice and happy to have a pharmacist that cared.

If your at a company where the pharmacy is a loss leader then management is going to dole out those gift cards like candy and let people treat you like crap a lot of the time. They want to keep their business through the rest of the store.

lol sound like where i work.