CV Question About APPEs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiscokid93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, to make it simple, I'm just wondering if I should put my APPEs prospectively on my CV when I put it into PhORCAS. For example, should I only put the ones that I've completed thus far on my CV into PhORCAS? None of my mentors have mentioned that I should do that, but I've heard conflicting preferences. Any help is much appreciated, and thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Either way is fine, it's up to you. The only case where I would be definitely in favor of putting scheduled but not yet completed APPEs if by random nature of the draw the rotations that would be most relevant to the position ended up being scheduled for later in the year.

Reactions: 1 user
I think putting prospective rotations in helps show the overall picture of rotations chosen or that you will have. Programs might also be familiar with your upcoming rotation site, or like that you might have picked a relevant elective to the program. For example, are your next two rotations other than the core ones two different community settings, or oncology and pediatrics?

Could be something to talk about during the interviews as well, especially if you subsequently started one that was listed as prospective in the interim.

Reactions: 1 user