Cv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDAB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know to put my introductory to pharmacy practice experiencs and advanced pharmacy practice experiences on my CV. However, should I put the handful of pharmacists I have shadowed for a day or two on there also, just so whoever reads it know I have seen a variety of practice settings? Or should I only put ones where I spent >1 month at?

Another CV question: Should I put actual references at the end or "references available upon request or neither?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Chill pill.

2. Read me

3. CV = a brief glimpse of what you've been doing with your life that would interest a person on paper

4. Your school should have a LOT of this info ready via your office of student affairs and faculty too

Thanks for the response? But you didn't even answer either of my questions in it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't put shadowing on there. Put down your rotations and places of employment.

So do we not list IPPE or CPPE rotations but only APPE rotations?
Thanks

What is CPPE? I guess, some schools split rotations between third and fourth year rather than doing them all during the fourth year. Include the ones on which you were graded and on which you actually were a contributing team member, rather than observing/trying things out.

Generally, the early practice experience is more like shadowing in that you really don't learn much and don't contribute much, so I would leave it off. Your CV should showcase your qualifications and achievements, leave the filler junk off it. Don't try to fill it up so it's longer... it doesn't need to be long, in fact, if I have to read through six-seven pages half of which could be condensed or left out entirely, it only tells me that the person cannot organize their thoughts and figure out what's important and what's not. Unless you want to talk about something as contributing to you becoming the best pharmacist you could be, it shouldn't be on your CV, that's the good rule of thumb.