CVS Pharmacy or Target

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cleaveland

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting pharmacy school this Fall and I'm looking for long term and eventually want to stick with one company. I am 25 years old and will be graduating in 2018. I have over 3 years of tech experience and currently working at CVS. (Started July 2013) I'll be moving from Cleveland Ohio to Bradenton Florida to give you guys an idea what position I'm in. I got an interview for Target this Friday and curious to see other people's opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Guys,

Needed a little help.I am dealing with a store manager rite now n store manager is been telling me i would get a email from CVS for my job offer however its been a month n half now. Everytime when i call him or meet him he keeps telling me that he is trying to find my application n etc. No luck yet.

Can somebody please help me how does CVS hiring process work please

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked for cvs as a tech and that solidified my decision never to work for them again. It was horrible for the pharmacists. But that's just my personal experience. I have heard good things about target.

Reactions: 1 users
I worked as a tech for CVS before Pharmacy School. I was always stressed out during my shifts and both of the pharmacists there told me not to stay with CVS after school. I work for a grocery chain now and it's much much better. Every situation can be different, so I'd probably go talk to a few Target pharmacists if I were you.

In short, go with Target.

Ah thank you. My situation is I work at a busy 24 hour store and I'm relatively new / Guinea pig of the store so I just run register and drive thru. I get paid a little above min wage. They don't want to retro or backdate my amazing 60 cent raise from training done, they give me a run around on paying me for all the training modules I've completed. It's kind of getting on my nerves now.

At target however I will for sure be getting a higher pay, no drive thru, and less busy so I can learn more on the job. So I'll be learning drugs versus learning patients names. I know the pharmacist I used to work with at a grocery chain works at target now and loves it. She recommended me to apply and she said they can help with school loans and able to hire me out of school, as a RPh

Sounds like you already had it all figured out. What's the point of the topic?

Sounds like you already had it all figured out. What's the point of the topic?

Just wanted other people's view. Someone who believes there is still good in CVS and to make me think I'm not wasting my time

Do you go to school in Cleveland?

Is the Target job in Florida?

Is the CVS job in Cleveland?

CVS 10 min away from my house

Target 47 min away from house

Target /CVS I'll try to transfer to one when I move to Florida

CVS 10 min away from my house

Target 47 min away from house

Target /CVS I'll try to transfer to one when I move to Florida

If you want to move to Florida after Pharmacy school, then take the Target offer. Also, may I ask what reason do you have to move to Florida? Is it the taxes or early retirement plan?

I'll be going to school there

Members don't see this ad :)
Ask them how many hours you'll be getting at Target as an intern. In my district our interns got almost none as they were pulling from the already bare bones tech hours. I mean literally maybe 4 hours once a month.

Ah I see what you're saying. They mentioned they only had a "rotating schedule" and I'm pretty sure target won't have that many hours to give since it's not as busy. I know the pay isn't as good with cvs but they are giving me a ton of tech hours right now and I see where you're coming from. Hours is what matters especially being an intern getting those hours complete.

Ah I see what you're saying. They mentioned they only had a "rotating schedule" and I'm pretty sure target won't have that many hours to give since it's not as busy. I know the pay isn't as good with cvs but they are giving me a ton of tech hours right now and I see where you're coming from. Hours is what matters especially being an intern getting those hours complete.

I worked at Target as a pharmacist for three months last year and I saw our intern once. She got called in because one of our techs called out so we had the hours. Tech hours are VERY scanty at Target. You can search my other posts and see my feedback about being a pharmacist there.

I worked at Target as a pharmacist for three months last year and I saw our intern once. She got called in because one of our techs called out so we had the hours. Tech hours are VERY scanty at Target. You can search my other posts and see my feedback about being a pharmacist there.

Ah thank you for that information. I asked someone if I should go with it and they mentioned I'll get a intern raise with cvs anyways so I'll be making what target is going to give me most likely. Also I can save 40 minutes of time and gas.

Thanks for helping me with my decision. After all, work is work and it's not going to be what it's meant like in an ideal world.

N=1. All of this depends on how busy they are too. My store, district, and group are always looking to add more qualified people. Quite the opposite of A4MD situation.

Also, the tuition reimbursement program for Target was axed two years ago. Those who were part of it before the program was cancelled were allowed to continue but it is no longer offered to someone pursuing a pharmacy degree.

go with target, I heard they are changing their computer system this year. CVS is stressful, so is Target but might be easier with new system!!

Would I have a good chance on transferring to Florida when I start school? I don't mind less hours as school will be a heavy load. Yeah I hear target is switching to rapid fill

Reapply?

Hello,

I already applied twice in the same store. I applied as a cashier as well as Pharm Tech position however the manager cant still locate my application.

They are probably lying.

Target is a great place to work! I like it much better than CVS, because it's not all about the metrics and it doesn't feel like your working in a factory. I'm a P4 student and have been working for them since my P1 year as an intern and they don't offer tuition assistance to pharmacy team members anymore. It was a really sweet deal when they did, but they no longer do it anymore! :(

Reactions: 1 user
Dont work for CVS, I am leaving them right now for target/walmart. Everyone warned me to never sign with CVS, and I couldnt find another job and signed with CVS. I hate them and I treat what I flush down my toilet better than CVS treats their employees. I am the hardest working employee ever and dont cause any problems. Eventually, if you treat your workers like sewage, they will leave(go figure!). Served 1.75 years as staff rph at CVS. Please heed my words and never sign with them.

Thank you for your input!

Dont work for CVS, I am leaving them right now for target/walmart. Everyone warned me to never sign with CVS, and I couldnt find another job and signed with CVS. I hate them and I treat what I flush down my toilet better than CVS treats their employees. I am the hardest working employee ever and dont cause any problems. Eventually, if you treat your workers like sewage, they will leave(go figure!). Served 1.75 years as staff rph at CVS. Please heed my words and never sign with them.

use them as a stepping stone to get into a better pharmacy environment. take advantage of the on the job training/experience and the pay. use them like they are using you

Reactions: 4 users
I like this attitude

Comparing CVS to Target is like comparing a Mercedes to a Kia- I have worked for CVS for 7 years and it's nowhere as bad as people are saying- yes it can be stressful- but retail is stressful. Most people who don't like CVS are people who want to sit on their asses and read magazines and colelct a good check. CVS is more for pharmacist who want to ear their salaries- people who don't like CVS are pharmacist who want to do 100 scripts a day- never answer the phone and never touch a register. I mean guys really do you think a company should pay you 125k for doing 100 scripts a day?

Comparing CVS to Target is like comparing a Mercedes to a Kia- I have worked for CVS for 7 years and it's nowhere as bad as people are saying- yes it can be stressful- but retail is stressful. Most people who don't like CVS are people who want to sit on their asses and read magazines and colelct a good check. CVS is more for pharmacist who want to ear their salaries- people who don't like CVS are pharmacist who want to do 100 scripts a day- never answer the phone and never touch a register. I mean guys really do you think a company should pay you 125k for doing 100 scripts a day?

First off, You're comparing a busy cvs and a non busy target. I know some target stores that do more than a traditional cvs.

The metrics are not all the same either. Target is all about customer service in reality and CVS is in a ideal world which we don't live in. I don't need to explain it since you're a "vet" at CVS. Targets profit is mainly there store while cvs is mainly their pharmacy.

You'll see why most pharmacists at cvs are being targeted and pressured to hit high numbers when they went to school to be a pharmacist aka health professional, not to a business major to make money for corporate.

As far as sitting on there asses and reading magazines, you're comparing pharmacy setting that was almost a decade + ago. There's no such thing for a while now.

As far as sitting on there asses and reading magazines, you're comparing pharmacy setting that was almost a decade + ago. There's no such thing for a while now.

I miss those days, it was just nice to have a break!

You are insulting. I have met 1 person in my entire life that I can say is in competition with me for being "the hardest working person i've ever met", and that person is my father.
He worked 75+ hrs/week to build his business from when he was 32-38 years old and accumulate 30 million dollars of equity in commercial real estate. Then he retired. You are very stupid. Please don't spread misinformation. Thanks

Last edited:
You are insulting. I have not met 1 person in my entire life that I can say is in competition with me for being "the hardest working person i've ever met", and that person is my father.
He worked 75+ hrs/week to build his business from when he was 32-38 years old and accumulate 30 million dollars of equity in commercial real estate. Then he retired. You are very stupid. Please don't spread misinformation. Thanks
Your Dad and God Bless him had a work ethic that doesn't exist with most pharmacist in today's workforce. I don't know a retail pharmacist making less than 125k a year yet they complain when they have to help run registers for 2 hours or have to type in prescriptions- are you freaking kidding me. Yes, I don't deny that CVS is a metric based company- but please understand we don't live in the same times as when your dad was working. Pharmacies are not non-profit organization they are a BUSINESS and everyone gets in a business to make money/profit and CVS and other companies have shareholders to satisfy. Do you really think a company should pay anyone 125k- which by the way is nearly 3x's the average salary of a median income family- just to verify scripts??????
There are some stores that are probably understaffed- but the way most pharmacist on here bitch and cry because they have to open or close without a tech is mind-boggling- it's not like we are getting paid 30k a year for Christ sakes!!! If you think you work hard- come to my area- I run a store that does 4000 to 5000 a week depending on the season and yes there are days when things are tough and I wish I could have had more techs- but you know what- I try and work hard with what I have and leave with a happy smile on my face. There are days when the sun is out and it's 75 degrees and just a beautiful day and there are days when it's cold/wind blowing/ heavy rain and although it's not a nice day I make the best of it and thank God for allowing me to see another day. I just find it insulting that in these hard economic times Pharmacist are complaining about their jobs.

I mean really the OP has the nerve to post who should he/she work for CVS/Target???? Both companies pay six figure salaries and you have people UE who would be glad to be working at 1/4th that salary- yet I am being insulting? It would be the equivalent of someone asking: what should I buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini to a person who has no car or uses public transportation!!! You guys are insulting!!!!!

Your Dad and God Bless him had a work ethic that doesn't exist with most pharmacist in today's workforce. I don't know a retail pharmacist making less than 125k a year yet they complain when they have to help run registers for 2 hours or have to type in prescriptions- are you freaking kidding me. Yes, I don't deny that CVS is a metric based company- but please understand we don't live in the same times as when your dad was working. Pharmacies are not non-profit organization they are a BUSINESS and everyone gets in a business to make money/profit and CVS and other companies have shareholders to satisfy. Do you really think a company should pay anyone 125k- which by the way is nearly 3x's the average salary of a median income family- just to verify scripts??????
There are some stores that are probably understaffed- but the way most pharmacist on here bitch and cry because they have to open or close without a tech is mind-boggling- it's not like we are getting paid 30k a year for Christ sakes!!! If you think you work hard- come to my area- I run a store that does 4000 to 5000 a week depending on the season and yes there are days when things are tough and I wish I could have had more techs- but you know what- I try and work hard with what I have and leave with a happy smile on my face. There are days when the sun is out and it's 75 degrees and just a beautiful day and there are days when it's cold/wind blowing/ heavy rain and although it's not a nice day I make the best of it and thank God for allowing me to see another day. I just find it insulting that in these hard economic times Pharmacist are complaining about their jobs.

I mean really the OP has the nerve to post who should he/she work for CVS/Target???? Both companies pay six figure salaries and you have people UE who would be glad to be working at 1/4th that salary- yet I am being insulting? It would be the equivalent of someone asking: what should I buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini to a person who has no car or uses public transportation!!! You guys are insulting!!!!!

I agree with you're saying but I'm not a pharmacist. Lol I'm just a tech.

Rxnupe, funny you work at a busy CVS. I bet ALL you do is verify. former CVS rph by choice. offered 8% pay raise when I submitted my 2 weeks notice. No thanks, too late. I have floated to over 20 CVS in my short stint so I can attest to how $hitty a company it is.

I only read about half your post to realize what an idiot you are. I work harder than you period. I help type in scripts all day. I help with all stations. I am the most efficient cvs pharmacist you would ever meat. And I have never met a person faster and more accurate at checking. Once you said "if you think you work hard-come to my area" I realized you have no idea what you are talking about and stopped reading. Cvs treats pharmacists like dirt. Period. And you dont work harder than me; you are just like my techs, you feel entitled to everything for what you feel is "working hard". If you read your original quote, it is obvious why you are insulting. I apologize that you have limited comprehension. Cvs treats pharmacists like hamsters running in a wheel at a pace that must perpetually increase. I understand business is business. I have 40% equity in 2 36 units multifamily apartment complexes and $650,000 still remaining on the mortgages and run 2 side business in addition to my 40+hrs/week; I understand what investing is, and how to work hard and outperform. I'm not really upset with how much work cvs requires because I am fine with usual/customary responsibilities of a retail pharmacist, and I go above and beyond to do additional and take care of all of my patients. I am upset with how cvs treats people, and I am further upset with your incorrect marginalization of my assertion and actually trying to defend cvs' deleterious treatment of its employees.

You seem to assume I'm just a 1) whiny pharmacist who 2) doesn't want to work to earn a check. I am neither; I am not upset with the work imposed by CVS, just upset with how cvs actually treats its people. Also, I work very, very hard. My mom, dad, and brother are all the hardworking class of people, the people that you would enjoy to work with. I am leaving cvs because of how cvs treats its employees, despite the fact that my store is successful, I lead the store more than the pharmacy manager, my patients are always saying how fast we are, my metrics are great, the patients love me, and my boss is really nice and we get along great. Just because someone pays me 125K per year doesnt mean they own me and get to treat me like crap all day. If I can make 125K per year and not be treated like crap, wouldnt that be worth it to leave positions? That is another reason why I cant stay with cvs. If you work for CVS, they own you. DONT JUST ASSUME THAT BECAUSE IM UPSET WITH CVS THAT I DONT WORK HARD, AM LAZY, AND LEAD AN UNSUCCESSFUL STORE. SOME WORKERS, WHEN TREATED LIKE CRAP PERPETUALLY, WILL FIND POSITIONS WHERE THEY ARE NOT TREATED LIKE CRAP. ANY PERSON WHO WORKS VERY HARD WILL GET A BETTER JOB IF UNAPPRECIATED AND HARASSED PERPETUALLY.

My store does 2700/week and I manage the store more than the pharmacy manager does. Somehow if you store does 4000/week +, I doubt you are doing much more than checking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Rxnupe, funny you work at a busy CVS. I bet ALL you do is verify. former CVS rph by choice. offered 8% pay raise when I submitted my 2 weeks notice. No thanks, too late. I have floated to over 20 CVS in my short stint so I can attest to how $hitty a company it is.
Were you a staff rph or pharmacy manager or only floater? thanks

staff rph considering I was a new grad, one of the hungry ones. got my own store + worked extra. I was consistently working 13 out of 14 days. my paycheck was pretty nice, was able to saved 50k in 6 months.

So everyone loves you and you and your boss get along great. CVS pay and benefits are competitive enough. In what way are you mistreated, if you don't mind me asking?

I only read about half your post to realize what an idiot you are. I work harder than you period. I help type in scripts all day. I help with all stations. I am the most efficient cvs pharmacist you would ever meat. And I have never met a person faster and more accurate at checking. Once you said "if you think you work hard-come to my area" I realized you have no idea what you are talking about and stopped reading. Cvs treats pharmacists like dirt. Period. And you dont work harder than me; you are just like my techs, you feel entitled to everything for what you feel is "working hard". If you read your original quote, it is obvious why you are insulting. I apologize that you have limited comprehension. Cvs treats pharmacists like hamsters running in a wheel at a pace that must perpetually increase. I understand business is business. I have 40% equity in 2 36 units multifamily apartment complexes and $650,000 still remaining on the mortgages and run 2 side business in addition to my 40+hrs/week; I understand what investing is, and how to work hard and outperform. I'm not really upset with how much work cvs requires because I am fine with usual/customary responsibilities of a retail pharmacist, and I go above and beyond to do additional and take care of all of my patients. I am upset with how cvs treats people, and I am further upset with your incorrect marginalization of my assertion and actually trying to defend cvs' deleterious treatment of its employees.

You seem to assume I'm just a 1) whiny pharmacist who 2) doesn't want to work to earn a check. I am neither; I am not upset with the work imposed by CVS, just upset with how cvs actually treats its people. Also, I work very, very hard. My mom, dad, and brother are all the hardworking class of people, the people that you would enjoy to work with. I am leaving cvs because of how cvs treats its employees, despite the fact that my store is successful, I lead the store more than the pharmacy manager, my patients are always saying how fast we are, my metrics are great, the patients love me, and my boss is really nice and we get along great. Just because someone pays me 125K per year doesnt mean they own me and get to treat me like crap all day. If I can make 125K per year and not be treated like crap, wouldnt that be worth it to leave positions? That is another reason why I cant stay with cvs. If you work for CVS, they own you. DONT JUST ASSUME THAT BECAUSE IM UPSET WITH CVS THAT I DONT WORK HARD, AM LAZY, AND LEAD AN UNSUCCESSFUL STORE. SOME WORKERS, WHEN TREATED LIKE CRAP PERPETUALLY, WILL FIND POSITIONS WHERE THEY ARE NOT TREATED LIKE CRAP. ANY PERSON WHO WORKS VERY HARD WILL GET A BETTER JOB IF UNAPPRECIATED AND HARASSED PERPETUALLY.

My store does 2700/week and I manage the store more than the pharmacy manager does. Somehow if you store does 4000/week +, I doubt you are doing much more than checking.

So everyone loves you and you and your boss get along great. CVS pay and benefits are competitive enough. In what way are you mistreated, if you don't mind me asking?
Cvs treats pharmacists like hamsters in a wheel perpetually running at a faster and faster pace to chase a carrot hanging from a stick just slightly out of range(and that can never be caught) to take a bite out of. All the while, someone is yelling "run faster" every 10 seconds. That is how it feels. Somewhat hard to explain to someone that has never worked for CVS. When I was an intern at walmart/kroger, pharmacist were treated like pharmacists, not like hamsters. This is a corporate philosophy at cvs. There has to be a reason why, in 2 years of service at cvs, I haven't met 1 pharmacist who I feel genuinely enjoys working for cvs( I would say I've met 40-50 cvs rphs in that time, and of the 10 walmart pharmacists i've met, at least 8 of them said they loved working for walmart pharmacy). That statement in itself says it all. I'm still good at my job; that doesn't mean my job satisfies me, or that I take out my frustration on my patients or my staff.

Last edited:
staff rph considering I was a new grad, one of the hungry ones. got my own store + worked extra. I was consistently working 13 out of 14 days. my paycheck was pretty nice, was able to saved 50k in 6 months.
Wow, making bank bro! Thanks :)

First I am not going to get in this I work harer than you blah blah because you sound like a 15 year old spoiled brat. You do 2700 a week??? Well whooopee doo I do 2700 by the end of Wednesday. I could care less about your equity so bringing that up was futile on your part. Well let me just say this- last time I checked CVS didn't have a ball or chain around anyones ankle- if they don't like the company simply LEAVE!!!!!

Cvs treats pharmacists like hamsters in a wheel perpetually running at a faster and faster pace to chase a carrot hanging from a stick just slightly out of range(and that can never be caught) to take a bite out of. All the while, someone is yelling "run faster" every 10 seconds. That is how it feels. Somewhat hard to explain to someone that has never worked for CVS. When I was an intern at walmart/kroger, pharmacist were treated like pharmacists, not like hamsters. This is a corporate philosophy at cvs. There has to be a reason why, in 2 years of service at cvs, I haven't met 1 pharmacist who I feel genuinely enjoys working for cvs( I would say I've met 40-50 cvs rphs in that time, and of the 10 walmart pharmacists i've met, at least 8 of them said they loved working for walmart pharmacy). That statement in itself says it all. I'm still good at my job; that doesn't mean my job satisfies me, or that I take out my frustration on my patients or my staff.
As mention before- can you ask those disgruntled CVS pharmacist why they are still working with CVS? I think the reason is because they can't sit on their asses and pick their noses because they have work to do. So are you telling me that Wal-Mart and WAGS don't encourage speed? Would Wal-Mart or WAGS say anything if a pharmacist verified let's say 10 prescriptions in an hour? Please tell me this- how many scripts should a Pharmacist be verifying in an hour? Also, why are you using CVS as a scape-goat when other industries are using the same standards. When is the last time you went to the MD's office and the doctor spent over 1 hour with you alone? You guys are living in some fantasy world!!!

As mention before- can you ask those disgruntled CVS pharmacist why they are still working with CVS? I think the reason is because they can't sit on their asses and pick their noses because they have work to do. So are you telling me that Wal-Mart and WAGS don't encourage speed? Would Wal-Mart or WAGS say anything if a pharmacist verified let's say 10 prescriptions in an hour? Please tell me this- how many scripts should a Pharmacist be verifying in an hour? Also, why are you using CVS as a scape-goat when other industries are using the same standards. When is the last time you went to the MD's office and the doctor spent over 1 hour with you alone? You guys are living in some fantasy world!!!
Your post further emphasizes how much of an idiot you are. I don't even know where to begin. You remind me of my tech that is new and knows just enough about pharmacy to "be dangerous"--albeit she thinks she is a pro! Please just stop talking. You have proven you aren't qualified to be in a battle of wits.
You seem to assume the expectations placed on a pharmacist from cvs corporate is the same as expectations place on a pharmacist from another chain. I don't know if you have only worked for CVS or are living in a spherical plastic bubble due to having an autoimmune disorder or immune deficiency, but that assumption is so far from the truth.
The treatment from corporate to a pharmacist at CVS also is so horrible compared to any other chain; I dont know how people are still trying to defend CVS. They provide a job, not a career. Unless you are willing to surrender your self-respect to them and be their slave.

Last edited:
Your post further emphasizes how much of an idiot you are. I don't even know where to begin. You remind me of my tech that is new and knows just enough about pharmacy to "be dangerous"--albeit she thinks she is a pro! Please just stop talking. You have proven you aren't qualified to be in a battle of wits.
You seem to assume the expectations placed on a pharmacist from cvs corporate is the same as expectations place on a pharmacist from another chain. I don't know if you have only worked for CVS or are living in a bubbled environment, but that assumption is so far from the truth.
The treatment from corporate to a pharmacist at CVS also is so horrible compared to any other chain; I dont know how people are still trying to defend CVS.
You are the true idiot- tell me what expectations are different from a CVS pharmacist compared to a WAGS or Wal-Mart pharmacist- both have metrics to meet- all have cut tech/pharmacy payroll. Are you telling me that most WAGS are properly staffed and they have all sorts of tech hours available at every store? Heck you will be lucky if you have a tech at Target on somedays. I have friends that work at WAGS and weekends Sat and Sun they have no tech- that is a rarity at CVS to be staffed the whole day without a tech regardless how slow your store is- wow so these WAGS on weekends- the pharmacist types/produces/verifies all scripts plus runs the drive thru and front registers and answers the calls- yet not one thread posted about those conditions. You guys are poor excuses of Pharmacist!!!

You are the true idiot- tell me what expectations are different from a CVS pharmacist compared to a WAGS or Wal-Mart pharmacist- both have metrics to meet- all have cut tech/pharmacy payroll. Are you telling me that most WAGS are properly staffed and they have all sorts of tech hours available at every store? Heck you will be lucky if you have a tech at Target on somedays. I have friends that work at WAGS and weekends Sat and Sun they have no tech- that is a rarity at CVS to be staffed the whole day without a tech regardless how slow your store is- wow so these WAGS on weekends- the pharmacist types/produces/verifies all scripts plus runs the drive thru and front registers and answers the calls- yet not one thread posted about those conditions. You guys are poor excuses of Pharmacist!!!
Once again you show your true colors! Keep talking about how CVS treats its employees great. I'm sure everyone will agree with you. LOL
I thought we already addressed that the reason people hate CVS is because of how corporate treats them, not the actual amount of work. Yet, you have made 3 consecutive arguments about the amount of work imposed. Guess you don't understand some people dont just want to "sit on their ass and do nothing" and are actually leaving the company for professional advancement rather than their need to be lazy. That might be hard for a lifer to understand I guess.

Last edited:
We know CVS sucks with regard to the work environment. We also know CVS pays a lot (the most ?) versus the other chains if you are a hard worker . But in response to N64bomb .. there are several pharmacists on here who work for CVS and enjoy it.. maybe they have worked their way up ?

I'd be curious to hear Old Timer's or Aznfarmerboi's thoughts on this thread ... both of them enjoy CVS, and both of them also clearly are smart and hard working people .. and we know Azn is making bank at high volume stores.

Once again you show your true colors! Keep talking about how CVS treats its employees great. I'm sure everyone will agree with you. LOL
I thought we already addressed that the reason people hate CVS is because of how corporate treats them, not the actual amount of work. Yet, you have made 3 consecutive arguments about the amount of work imposed. Guess you don't understand some people dont just want to "sit on their ass and do nothing" and are actually leaving the company for professional advancement rather than their need to be lazy. That might be hard for a lifer to understand I guess.
Than where is this mass exit of pharmacist leaving CVS if the conditions are so deplorable? CVS I am pretty sure with the combo of Caremark employees more pharmacist than any other chain.

Bottomline a Pharmacy is only as good as it's Pharmacy staff- as with any job you have some people who love it and some people who hate their jobs. You guys act as if every CVS pharmacist hates their job and that's so far from the truth. Once again tell me how bad corporate treats CVS employees and than please tell me the wonderful things WAGS corporate is doing to treat their employees. Hmmmm maybe cut their tech hours- every CVS that I know that sits across or down the street from a WAGS is staffed far better than the WAGS. I currently date a Pharmacist at WAGS so I know of their conditions: it's rare that you can get a Monday off in WAGS- wow that's very nice- have all your pharmacist work on Monday's lol. Also, how about WAGS pushing or in her terms "forcing" all pharmacist to become preceptors? Why do you think WAGS is pushing all it's pharmacist to become preceptors???? Think about it get back to me.

We know CVS sucks with regard to the work environment. We also know CVS pays a lot (the most ?) versus the other chains if you are a hard worker . But in response to N64bomb .. there are several pharmacists on here who work for CVS and enjoy it.. maybe they have worked their way up ?

I'd be curious to hear Old Timer's or Aznfarmerboi's thoughts on this thread ... both of them enjoy CVS, and both of them also clearly are smart and hard working people .. and we know Azn is making bank at high volume stores.
Type b- thanks for making a logical response- as I mentioned a pharmacy is only as good as it's techs and pharmacist- there are great techs and great pharmacist that works for every chain. Corporate is going to be corporate- but comparing WAGS to CVS isn't even close- didn't WAGS force it's employees to get their own insurance? Target is not even in the same playing field as CVS to even compare the two. There are Target pharmacies for the whole week you have 30 to 40 tech hours at the nost- so the pharmacist is doing everything and add to the fact Target has a dinosaur of a computer system!

Type b- thanks for making a logical response- as I mentioned a pharmacy is only as good as it's techs and pharmacist- there are great techs and great pharmacist that works for every chain. Corporate is going to be corporate- but comparing WAGS to CVS isn't even close- didn't WAGS force it's employees to get their own insurance? Target is not even in the same playing field as CVS to even compare the two. There are Target pharmacies for the whole week you have 30 to 40 tech hours at the nost- so the pharmacist is doing everything and add to the fact Target has a dinosaur of a computer system!

Try 10 to 15 tech hours per week at some Targets.