Cycloketocaine... (NCAA Football rambling thread)

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How the hell can you be a fan of three teams in the same conference?

USF was my first team ever when I got into the sport, (pretty recently) in 2006 - I bet a friend they would beat Auburn straight up when they visited Jordan Hare, and they did - on a walk-off touchdown pass from Grothe in overtime. Still my favorite cfb game to date (second probably being boise over oklahoma, third RU over louisville when louisville was something like #3 in the country - now that was electric).

I have a lot of friends at UConn, and have a degree from Rutgers. I am kind of a Big East homer though, so you can bash me I suppose if you come from the old school, traditional, root against your rivals line of reasoning 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
USF was my first team ever when I got into the sport, (pretty recently) in 2006 - I bet a friend they would beat Auburn straight up when they visited Jordan Hare, and they did - on a walk-off touchdown pass from Grothe in overtime. Still my favorite cfb game to date (second probably being boise over oklahoma, third RU over louisville when louisville was something like #3 in the country - now that was electric).

I have a lot of friends at UConn, and have a degree from Rutgers. I am kind of a Big East homer though, so you can bash me I suppose if you come from the old school, traditional, root against your rivals line of reasoning 😳

I come from the "I got my team and to hell with everyone else" line of thinking. Everyone should have one team. That's it. I get one Z's case because he has two favorite teams (USC and TAMU)...but at elast they are in different conferences. Three teams in one conference is just wacky.
 
Three teams in one conference is just wacky.

haters_gonna_hate3.jpg
 
I come from the "I got my team and to hell with everyone else" line of thinking. Everyone should have one team. That's it. I get one Z's case because he has two favorite teams (USC and TAMU)...but at elast they are in different conferences. Three teams in one conference is just wacky.

👍

what has America come to
 
I come from the "I got my team and to hell with everyone else" line of thinking. Everyone should have one team. That's it. I get one Z's case because he has two favorite teams (USC and TAMU)...but at elast they are in different conferences. Three teams in one conference is just wacky.

Well, I got two teams, but it's along the same line of thinking. Michigan and anyone playing Sweater Vest U. Oh wait, he gone!

Liar-Liar-Vest-On-Fire.jpg
hokeamania2.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:meanie:

I've enjoyed bantering with you guys for the past 7 years. How time flies.
I was a struggling DOP who couldn't find staffing. Things have suddenly changed, hasn't it. Most of you were students then but now you're out practicing.

I am at a crossroads in my life and I'm debating how long I will continue with my jet setting consulting career as I've been offered a wonderful DOP position at a charming small coastal hospital where I can close out my career in 20+ years.. and become a part of the community. It's a major decision and could be a drastic move yet deep in my heart, I know it's the right thing to do.

Regardless of my decision, life is about give and take. You give up some but you take what you can and make the best of it. I certainly have with my career that's taken me cross country 3 times as I ponder my 4th move. It also allowed me to travel from one corner of the US to another. Even out of the country.

More importantly, pharmacy is what you make of it. And everyday offers an opportunity for professional growth. Embrace it. Some are happy and some are not. But life is too short for you live unhappily. So choose wisely.


forkintheroad.jpg


[YOUTUBE]qIGxezrlj2I[/YOUTUBE]
 
:meanie:

I've enjoyed bantering with you guys for the past 7 years. How time flies.
I was a struggling DOP who couldn't find staffing. Things have suddenly changed, hasn't it. Most of you were students then but now you're out practicing.

I am at a crossroads in my life and I'm debating how long I will continue with my jet setting consulting career as I've been offered a wonderful DOP position at a charming small coastal hospital where I can close out my career in 20+ years.. and become a part of the community. It's a major decision and could be a drastic move yet deep in my heart, I know it's the right thing to do.

Regardless of my decision, life is about give and take. You give up some but you take what you can and make the best of it. I certainly have with my career that's taken me cross country 3 times as I ponder my 4th move. It also allowed me to travel from one corner of the US to another. Even out of the country.

More importantly, pharmacy is what you make of it. And everyday offers an opportunity for professional growth. Embrace it. Some are happy and some are not. But life is too short for you live unhappily. So choose wisely.


forkintheroad.jpg


[YOUTUBE]qIGxezrlj2I[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, man. I'll tell you what...

...that is the douchiest post I've ever seen!

Boo this man!

Booooooooo!
 
So Pitt and Syracuse are joining the ACC...WVU is apparently joining the SEC (we're not doing that ******ed chant)...and to top it all off...

...the dude that founded the Big East died. Talk about timing.

Haven't heard WVU to the SEC, but even if it's just Pitt and Syracuse leaving that's bad news for what's left of the Big East. Should be interesting to see how this plays out though. It's hard to imagine the Big Ten standing pat if the other major conferences are going to 14-16 teams.

Edit: And Go Cards! We might suck, but at least our biggest rival sucks more!
 
College Gameday at Morgantown, WV next week.

We expect a big WVU to SEC or "SDN Pharmacy Knows" sign from you Mikey.
 
This will be the craziest College Football season of all. The year everything will be set in place for a tournament.

LSU has crazy lockdown corners who should be in the NFL today. Will be interesting to see what y'all do against them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What the hell, I turn my head for one minute and all of the sudden 'Cuse and Pitt are in the ACC. What about the Backyard brawl?!? Damn money grubbin bastages.
 
And sorry for the double, but.... did I just see Mikey at a Pitt game? I mean who else would wear a WV sweatshirt at a Pitt homegame for USF?!? 😉
 
Hey WVU, how would you feel about coming to the Big12? Does Mikey like?

/sarcasm

Good to know that some things are eternal, like the Slavers (University of Missouri) being little punks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We'll run that **** if they put okie and texas in one division and us in another. Wanted Acc or Sec...but eff it...add louis and cinci/uconn...thats one hell of a basketball conference...

Oh yeah... easy travel to Conn from Austin/Lubbock... vice versa.. especially for the tennis/water polo teams.

:meanie:
 
:meanie:

This was too funny to not share. Here's one for you Mikey.

I know that I can speak for everyone here when I say that I am glad that the Big-12 has decided to take a stand in support of student athletes, traditional rivalries, and the very soul of college football by inviting WVU into the Big-12 rather than targeting a school in a cynical attempt to expand its geographic/television footprint.

The question remains, however, which of WVU's traditional rivalries with Big-12 schools, is the most storied? Which game will captivate Big-12 audiences each fall as fans wait to see the next chapter of history written?

The contenders...

Texas Tech:

All time record against WVU: 0-1

Who could forget the 1938 Sun Bowl that matched an 8-1-1 WVU against a scrappy 8-4 Texas Technical College team?

WVU took that game 7-6 and you can bet every Tech fan is waiting for their chance to even the score. Which battery chunking, STD spreading, inbreds will rein supreme in the new Big-12... the sand ***** of West Texas or the mountain ***** of Appalachia?


Texas:

All time record against WVU: 0-1

This bitter rivalry kicked off in 1956 when a 6-4 WVU team defeated a 1-9 Texas team on the road. Egos were bruised that afternoon, and to this day the rivalry remains bitter, if mostly inactive.

You can be sure the whole nation will tune in to watch the hippies try to settle the score with the hillbillies of WVU. Fringe will be the order of the day, but leather or buckskin?


Kansas State:

All time record against WVU: 1-1

Back to back games in 1930 and 1931 launched this storied rivalry and both teams staked their claim to supremacy.

Can one team seize the advantage in this historically balanced struggle? Will mountains triumph over plains?


Baylor:

All time record against WVU: 0-0

Just because Baylor has not yet lost to WVU is no reason to exclude this long running feud from our discussion. Baylor, the vocal proponent of traditional regional rivalries, will finally have an opportunity to play its natural opponent, WVU. Bears or woodsmen? Baptists or moonshiners? Who can wait to see this match-up year after year?
 
LOL didn't you just lose to Syracuse? KSU with old man winter is every bit as good as them. 😉

Plus it sounds like they are going to put Texas and Oklahoma in seperate divisions, which means ouch. 😉

But when you play KU the first time in Lawrence, if you make the trek (of the bball tourney), let me know so I can tell you where to go for the good bbq and not the general trash that's around here.