Cycloketocaine... (NCAA Football rambling thread)

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UT is in last place, OSU is in first, Tech has a sorry offense, and A&M now has a decent football team.


Why is that dysfunctional? tceh sux. Mack Brown and Muschamp lost the team. Greg Davis always sucked..but VY and Colt McCoy-Shipley made him look good. OSU is playing well and OU is OU.

Just because whorns are down, it's dysfunctional??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the last year, they've said that about LSU, Auburn, WVU, and Oregon...off the top of my head...


In 1987, A&M vs. UT... game was delayed numerous times because texas QB Stafford kept complaining to the ref that no one can hear.. ref just said...sorry, nothing we can do. I believe they also got a flag for delay of the game. It was at the beginning of the game. Below video is not the exact incident but it was from the game. Listen for me...I was there. You also see a glimpse of Mark Dodge, recently fired Univeristy of North Texas headcoach.

[YOUTUBE]4NUxFE2oJ-M[/YOUTUBE]
 
In 1987, A&M vs. UT... game was delayed numerous times because texas QB Stafford kept complaining to the ref that no one can hear.. ref just said...sorry, nothing we can do. I believe they also got a flag for delay of the game. It was at the beginning of the game. Below video is not the exact incident but it was from the game. Listen for me...I was there. You also see a glimpse of Mark Dodge, recently fired Univeristy of North Texas headcoach.

Similar thing happened in Morgantown, 2003. Virginia Tech game. The refs got on their microphone and told the A/V people to stop pumping in artificial noise...thing is...there was no noise. It was the crowd. Next play...it was just as loud...Beamer was all pissed on the sideline demanding a flag be thrown...nope...we just that loud...

That was the infamous pepper spray and calling in of the national guard helicopters game.

Have the A&M fans ever forced the police to call in backup from the national guard?
 
Have the A&M fans ever forced the police to call in backup from the national guard?

No, Kyle Field may be loud but it's not an obnoxious place. There are bad fans everywhere but some schools tend to have classier fans than others. You won't see obnoxious hazing or harrassmant of opponent fans in College Station as alumni and students won't let that happen. After the game, there are no scuffles or obnoxious drunk people throwing stuff.

LSU on the other hand is little different as we were treated pretty badly ...had stuff thrown at us...cursed out etc.

Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Tenessee are few mentioned venues with classy fans they say. I think A&M belongs in there.
 
Here's an example of classy Nebraska Fan.

As I sat in Kyle Field this past Saturday, I was again in awe of the magnificent atmosphere. I have been to many football venues across the nation, and this place truly stands alone. It was my fourth time watching the Big Red at Kyle, and this atmosphere was 2nd to none (with the possible exception being 1998). I was actually amazed the Huskers were able to move the ball at all on the first drive because the noise was truly deafening.

I will always have fond memories of the NU vs. A&M Games. I'm hopeful we can meet again sometime down the road. Of all the schools in the Big 12, I will definitely miss playing the Aggies more than any other. The traditions, fans, atmosphere, and of course, tailgating are all 1st-Class.

The defensive battle witnessed on the field Saturday was impressive. It wasn't long ago the Big 12 was known only for high scoring shootouts with the "can't be stopped" spread offenses. The Wrecking Crew and Blackshirts displayed what good football is all about. After all, it is defense that put these two teams on the map in the first place.

With that, I say thanks for the memories Aggies. This Husker enjoyed every step along the way. I definitely enjoyed my weekend in C.S., but it is good to be back home in Nebraska. Good Luck in the future and I hope you dominate the Big 12 for years to come. GBR
 
No, Kyle Field may be loud but it's not an obnoxious place. There are bad fans everywhere but some schools tend to have classier fans than others. You won't see obnoxious hazing or harrassmant of opponent fans in College Station as alumni and students won't let that happen. After the game, there are no scuffles or obnoxious drunk people throwing stuff.

LSU on the other hand is little different as we were treated pretty badly ...had stuff thrown at us...cursed out etc.

Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Tenessee are few mentioned venues with classy fans they say. I think A&M belongs in there.

Virginia Tech? Bwahahahahaha.

Dude, shut up with that ****, there are drunken idiots everywhere...
 
They just posted the odds for the Pitt-WVU game...I don't bet on my own team...but MAN...the over/under at 41 on that game. Under is free money...that has to be the most obvious play I've seen all year. The stats for both teams this year and scores for the last three years make this an obnoxiously easy call.

....

But I will refrain...betting on your own team is how you lose your pants...
 
BOOMER SOONER!

👍

Lol. I guess you are hoping for a three way tie??? While I do love beating the Pukes year after year, I'm not sure if we can pull it off tomorrow. OSU is looking pretty legit.

BTW, good job on making Texas bowl ineligible. That made my college football season.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol. I guess you are hoping for a three way tie??? While I do love beating the Pukes year after year, I'm not sure if we can pull it off tomorrow. OSU is looking pretty legit.

BTW, good job on making Texas bowl ineligible. That made my college football season.


You guys are better than Cowpokes. We lost to them in Stoolwater by 3 after turning over the ball 5 times. If we would have turned the ball over 5 times to ou, we would have lost that game.
 
lmao...from a Pitt forum:

Posted: Today 4:41 PM
Worst part of today
Walking out of Heinz and it sounding like a hoopie home game. I had to hear the country roads crap and the lets gooooo Mountaineers chant walking out of my own ******* stadium.

This is what pisses me off the most about today.

Hahaha. We took over their rent-a-stadium.
 
Somebody forgot to bring the horses in for the night. Got eaten by wolves. That kicker better watch his back til next season. OUCH.


holy moly... I fell asleep in 2nd quarter. Man..I miseed a great game.

yeah..Boise and Neveada are both good teams, no doubt. It's just that there are 20 to 30 teams who'd go undefeated with their schedule.. heck even WVU may.
 
holy moly... I fell asleep in 2nd quarter. Man..I miseed a great game.

yeah..Boise and Neveada are both good teams, no doubt. It's just that there are 20 to 30 teams who'd go undefeated with their schedule.. heck even WVU may.

I think WVU could go 12-0 with TCU or Boise's schedule. And I think WVU sucks this year.

I guess looking at 9-3 isn't anything to be too disappointed at. It could definitely be worse.
 
Oh..so I golfed with 2 tech buddies and a long horn buddy yesterday. Long horn buddy actually played for Macksome years ago and had just driven up from Austin yesterday morning after the game. Tech buddy and I were talking...and he said how excited he was about the potential Pac-16... and worried chitless when that didn't pan out and how tech would get screwed if Horns went independent.. and said of course Ags would be ok because they'll just bolt to SEC..

just sayin
 
razorbacks.gif
 
Oh..so I golfed with 2 tech buddies and a long horn buddy yesterday. Long horn buddy actually played for Macksome years ago and had just driven up from Austin yesterday morning after the game. Tech buddy and I were talking...and he said how excited he was about the potential Pac-16... and worried chitless when that didn't pan out and how tech would get screwed if Horns went independent.. and said of course Ags would be ok because they'll just bolt to SEC..

just sayin

I agree. If that happened our best option (if available) would be to find a place in the mountain west.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very freakin nice... now everyone from everywhere will get a change to come to Dallas every year to raid Texas talent..as if it's not bad enough egotistcal freak Jerry Jones has every college (LSU - Oregon, example) playing in Arlington..

Time for Texas to secede...y'all get a passport to come to Texas!
 
Very freakin nice... now everyone from everywhere will get a change to come to Dallas every year to raid Texas talent..as if it's not bad enough egotistcal freak Jerry Jones has every college (LSU - Oregon, example) playing in Arlington..

Time for Texas to secede...y'all get a passport to come to Texas!

You would too if you had too pay for a billion dollar stadium. And why should anyone else need a passport to go to Texas when half the people there dont have one.
 
You would too if you had too pay for a billion dollar stadium.

I hope the CowGirls lose out.

And why should anyone else need a passport to go to Texas when half the people there dont have one.

Undocumented and documented migrant workers in Texas are quite productive.. unlike lazy arse union and government employees who are the true leeches. Except for our soldiers..
 
I hope the CowGirls lose out.

Oh I completely agree. I am only an NFL fan when college football isnt exciting (which is rare) and when college ball is done for the season, but I always enjoy watching the cowgirls lose.

Undocumented and documented migrant workers in Texas are quite productive.. unlike lazy arse union and government employees who are the true leeches. Except for our soldiers..

Couldnt agree more, on all accounts. Thank god for pharmacy school or I would still be bossing around those lazy ass union workers.
 
I hope the CowGirls lose out.



Undocumented and documented migrant workers in Texas are quite productive.. unlike lazy arse union and government employees who are the true leeches. Except for our soldiers..

The national debt commission believes otherwise...pay freeze for the next three years is ahead for us and talk of taking away our retirement or as they say "reforming" it...
 
Actually it worked out pretty well for germany.

Yeah, after a *heavy* Keynesian stimulus this Spring. But the Germans actually have sense and used mixed economics to their advantage. Unlike our ******* leaders who think that singular economic ideologies will save the world.

Crediting the German economic growth with Austrian theory is like crediting the trigger for shooting the bullet while completely ignoring the fact that you needed chamber a bullet before that trigger pulls does a damn thing. The *******es in America want to just start pulling the trigger with no bullets being loaded...stupid...

Idiots run this country...
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mike Leach to Miami.

I don't see Leach working, either. He can't just lock the kids in a box and expect to discipline them. Half of Miami's roster spent their teen years in Juvie Hall. They will just make shanks out of their facemasks and stab the bastage when he walks by, steal the key, and go back to practice undeterred.