D.O. student interested in D.O. Uro programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbe36

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am currently planning to apply to DO Uro programs next Fall.

Is there anyone who has gone through the process that I could reach out to for general advice? Also, is the DO Uro match seperate from the usual DO match?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I am currently planning to apply to DO Uro programs next Fall.

Is there anyone who has gone through the process that I could reach out to for general advice? Also, is the DO Uro match seperate from the usual DO match?

Thank you!

I'm in the same boat. And I know its the same as the rest of the aoa match.

With that said, if you wanted to get out of Urology, id really appreciate it. Less competition!

hi, im a DO urology resident at a DO program. the best advice that I can give you is to schedule as many audition rotations as you can. Read about common urologic conditions while on service and know what cases you are doing the next day so that you can read about them the night before. I always would review relevant anatomy the night before since those are those are some common pimp questions. Urology is competitive so it takes good grades and COMLEX scores but it is definitely a great field. Just work hard and be friendly.