Da Help??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridge

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i have few questions,anyone pl help with these.
1)contact areas of anterior teeth are incisal to middle third in each of the following except:
a) distal contact of max canine
b) distal contact of mand lateral incisor
c) mesial contact of mand lateral
d) mesial contact of max lateral
e) mesial contact of max canine

2)in primary molars which crown portion is shorter occlusogingivally?
a)mesial
b)distal
c)midfacial
d)midlingual
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

1)a
2)b

ridge said:
1)contact areas of anterior teeth are incisal to middle third in each of the following except:

a)mesial
b)distal
c)midfacial
d)midlingual
thanks

1.a
2.b
ridge said:

a)mesial
b)distal
c)midfacial
d)midlingual
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks syk and prady.

When viewed lingually,the permanent maxillary first molar has its lingual root apex in line with
1. distolingual groove.
2. distolingual line angle.
3. distolingual cuspal eminence.
4. height of the mesiolingual cusp.
5. mesiodistal diameter midpoint.

Ans given is 5.But cant it be 1) too?Pls do suggest.

Plz do ans...

syk said:
When viewed lingually,the permanent maxillary first molar has its lingual root apex in line with
1. distolingual groove.

Ans given is 5.But cant it be 1) too?Pls do suggest.

syk said:
1. distolingual groove.

ANS IS 5only.and i can just let u know a clue to it.lingual root apex is in line with lingual groove present on lingual surface of max 1st molar so midpoint is right ans and all other options are not suitable.

Thanks Ridge.

ridge said:
syk said:
1. distolingual groove.

ANS IS 5only.and i can just let u know a clue to it.lingual root apex is in line with buccal groove present on buccal surface of max 1st molar so midpoint is right ans and all other options are not suitable.

syk check with explanation again,i made few changes but ans is right that is 5
sorry for inconvenience.

syk said:

Hey Syk

I'm just studying for the DA section now. Can you please explain how the answer for 1 is A? I thought that the distal height of contour (which forms a contact point) for max canine is in the junction of middle and incisal third? Thanks

According to decks,the contact point on distal of maxillary canine is in the middle third.But i think in kaplan they have given junction of incisal and middle third.Its easy to remember the contact points for maxillary anterior teeth as given in decks as IJ,JM,JM(represents mesial and distal contact)for CI,LI,and canines respectively.

I-iNCISAL THIRD
J-junction of incisal and middle third
M-Middle third.

Hope this is clear.
syk.

syk said:
According to decks,the contact point on distal of maxillary canine is in the middle third.But i think in kaplan they have given junction of incisal and middle third.Its easy to remember the contact points for maxillary anterior teeth as given in decks as IJ,JM,JM(represents mesial and distal contact)for CI,LI,and canines respectively.

I-iNCISAL THIRD
J-junction of incisal and middle third
M-Middle third.

Hope this is clear.
syk.

Hi

Sorry to ask you again. The distal contact point of max canine is either in the middle third or junction of incisal and middle third (depending on your source). So how is this an EXCEPTION to answer ridge's question 1? It's still within the incisal or middle third. Isn't this like the rest of the options?
Thanks

cheer_up said:
Hi

i agree with u cheer_up but all the options are similar and none is exception so what shud be the answer.

Ok,Let me make it very clear..the question says incisal to middle third which means contacts should be either in the incisal third ot the junction of incisal and middle third.This is the only option which has the contact in middle third I think you didnt get the question right!It does not mean contacts that lie within middle third.( its incisal to middle third.)
All other ans given have their contacts either at incisal thirds or at the junction of incisal and middle third( which are all incisal to middle third.)

I guess atleast now it will clear your doubt!

Question...incisal to middle third means anything that lies above the middle third

syk said:
Ok,Let me make it very clear..the question says incisal to middle third which means contacts should be either in the incisal third ot the junction of incisal and middle third.This is the only option which has the contact in middle third I think you didnt get the question right!It does not mean contacts that lie within middle third.( its incisal to middle third.)
All other ans given have their contacts either at incisal thirds or at the junction of incisal and middle third( which are all incisal to middle third.)

I guess atleast now it will clear your doubt!

Question...incisal to middle third means anything that lies above the middle third

Hi syk

Yeah, I get it now :D . I misread or rather misinterpreted the question. When the question said "incisal to middle third" I misinterpreted it as the range of distance from the incisal down to the middle third, rather than just "incisal to the middle third".

Thanks a lot for clearing my doubt. Appreciate it :)
Hope the explanation clears your doubt too, ridge.

cheer_up said:
Hi syk

thank u lots syk for explanation and yes i got it cheer_up

please answer the question:
1)which muscle has important influence on mandible function though its not generally considered muscle of mastication

omohyoid
geniohyoid(is this the ans?)
2)contact area most nearly circular is located on crown of which max premolar?
mesail of first
distal of first
mesial of second
distal of second
please do ans!!!!!!!!

1) geniohyoid
2) distal of first

ridge said:
please answer the question:
1)which muscle has important influence on mandible function though its not generally considered muscle of mastication

omohyoid
geniohyoid(is this the ans?)
2)contact area most nearly circular is located on crown of which max premolar?
mesail of first
distal of first
mesial of second
distal of second
please do ans!!!!!!!!