Dare you to reply!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I always have mixed emotions. I'd love a documentary about the more prolific posters who were banned. Where they came from, what became of them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1661182988352.png

28% is a substantial portion of the MD complement. Had no idea it was that high.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe he's KO or Drew M. Trying to blow off a little steam
So someone made an account to be a dick to everyone and start fights about surgery vs. RT and medonc vs. RT and called himself bigman1, and you think that might be Drew M? No way.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
What happened to Jeff Bradley anyway? Was that a short term limit for a white male chair?
AFAIK never had the job. Only interim. Completely unsurprising if he exits.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
AFAIK never had the job. Only interim. Completely unsurprising if he exits.
agree - he left washu to become vice chair at emory and then curran left shortly thereafter. i thought he'd become chair. great guy

He went in too hard on the lung dose escalation trial… should have hedged his bets with a 5 fraction regimen +/- immunotherapy. Would have been chair instantly!

The results of that trial felt like the final season of game of thrones.

Reactions: 1 user
He went in too hard on the lung dose escalation trial… should have hedged his bets with a 5 fraction regimen +/- immunotherapy. Would have been chair instantly!

Still never watched... Considering the volume of eps, probably never will

One could argue that, by changing the standard of care from 70 Gy to 60 Gy, he saved more lives with that trial than most (any??) radiation trials since its publication.

• Hmm
One could argue that, by changing the standard of care from 70 Gy to 60 Gy, he saved more lives with that trial than most (any??) radiation trials since its publication.
Well it did make it easier for IMRT to be approved since heart dose was detrimental. Unfortunately, IMRT reimbursement is less and we got less fractions out of it so it was still technically a loss in my book.

As you can tell, I’m all about my bottom line!

Well it did make it easier for IMRT to be approved since heart dose was detrimental. Unfortunately, IMRT reimbursement is less and we got less fractions out of it so it was still technically a loss in my book.

As you can tell, I’m all about my bottom line!
Someone in a separate thread mentioned 33 fx lung. Same otvs as 37. In my neck of the woods have folks doing 68.4 in 38 for lung. It's there if you want it.

Someone in a separate thread mentioned 33 fx lung. Same otvs as 37. In my neck of the woods have folks doing 68.4 in 38 for lung. It's there if you want it.
Lol! Too bad the locally advanced ones are going to systemic then surgery now a days. I know we still get get some that don’t have surgery, but that won’t keep the med oncs and surgeons from trying!

But, for real, if we just look at the professional collections, there would be a significant difference in collections at end of year for Dr. 27 vs Dr. 28.
Corporate would also allow Dr 27 one fewer therapist, or force the employees to flex, thereby causing Dr 27 to be involved in the hiring process more frequently. Great system we've got. Now that I think about it, I'll do 28 fx to show people what a thoughtful person I am.

Reactions: 3 users
Term limits for something like this I agree with but the racial basis for it is downright ridiculous. We want term limits to prevent sclerosis in departments with out of touch chair people and bring in new ideas. Not because the authors think they’re too white
I know. I was being a bit tongue in cheek with my comments, even if there are plenty of white male boomers contributing to the problem, clearly it transcends that

• Haha
ASTRO uses membership dues to pay a radical extremist like Kendi, but this thread should be cancelled? Kendi is a race baiter, just ask John McWhorter.
Here is what Kendi thinks about inter-racial adoption: "Some White colonizers 'adopted' Black children. They 'civilized' these 'savage' children in the 'superior' ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial,"
Astro takes your money, gives it to this guy for a keynote, and you don’t have a right to even discuss it?

In other news...
1666087400733.png

Conclusion​

There is an urgent need to acknowledge, better understand, and address gender-based discrimination and sexual harassment in the field of medical physics.

• Okay...
  • Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

They should poach fellows form the Univ. Minnesota class that replaced the Hippocratic Oath with the Woke oath. See transcript below

“With gratitude, we, the students of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Medical School Class of 2026, stand here today among our friends, families, peer, mentors, and communities who have supported us in reaching this milestone. Our institution is located on Dakota land. Today, many Indigenous people from throughout the state, including Dakota and Ojibwe (ooj-jib-way), call the Twin Cities home; we also recognize this acknowledgment is not enough.

We commit to uprooting the legacy and perpetuation of structural violence deeply embedded within the healthcare system. We recognize inequities built by past and present traumas rooted in white supremacy, colonialism, the gender binary, ableism, and all forms of oppression. As we enter this profession with opportunity for growth, we commit to promoting a culture of anti-racism, listening, and amplifying voices for positive change. We pledge to honor all Indigenous ways of healing that have been historically marginalized by Western medicine. Knowing that health is intimately connected to our environment, we commit to healing our planet and communities.

We vow to embrace our role as community members and strive to embody cultural humility. We promise to continue restoring trust in the medical system and fulfilling our responsibilities as educators and advocates. We commit to collaborating with social, political, and additional systems to advance health equity. We will learn from the scientific innovations made before us and pledge to advance and share this knowledge with peers and neighbors. We recognize the importance of being in community with and advocating for those we serve.”

They should poach fellows form the Univ. Minnesota class that replaced the Hippocratic Oath with the Woke oath. See transcript below

“With gratitude, we, the students of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Medical School Class of 2026, stand here today among our friends, families, peer, mentors, and communities who have supported us in reaching this milestone. Our institution is located on Dakota land. Today, many Indigenous people from throughout the state, including Dakota and Ojibwe (ooj-jib-way), call the Twin Cities home; we also recognize this acknowledgment is not enough.

We commit to uprooting the legacy and perpetuation of structural violence deeply embedded within the healthcare system. We recognize inequities built by past and present traumas rooted in white supremacy, colonialism, the gender binary, ableism, and all forms of oppression. As we enter this profession with opportunity for growth, we commit to promoting a culture of anti-racism, listening, and amplifying voices for positive change. We pledge to honor all Indigenous ways of healing that have been historically marginalized by Western medicine. Knowing that health is intimately connected to our environment, we commit to healing our planet and communities.

We vow to embrace our role as community members and strive to embody cultural humility. We promise to continue restoring trust in the medical system and fulfilling our responsibilities as educators and advocates. We commit to collaborating with social, political, and additional systems to advance health equity. We will learn from the scientific innovations made before us and pledge to advance and share this knowledge with peers and neighbors. We recognize the importance of being in community with and advocating for those we serve.”
Wut

I think I would rather do an interpretive dance on white privilege than take this oath

• Haha
In other news...
View attachment 360766

Conclusion​

There is an urgent need to acknowledge, better understand, and address gender-based discrimination and sexual harassment in the field of medical physics.

Only field with more old crusty creepy men that are at high risk of being inappropriate with women than Radiation Oncology might be medical physics....

Only field with more old crusty creepy men that are at high risk of being inappropriate with women than Radiation Oncology might be medical physics....

I think we need to be somewhat understanding of the fact that the field of physics in general is going to be much more "spectrumy" than the vast majority of professions.

I think we need to be somewhat understanding of the fact that the field of physics in general is going to be much more "spectrumy" than the vast majority of professions.
Fair number of spectrumy folks in Rad Onc too, although I'll agree we're likely a far second....

Reactions: 2 users