• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Dat 7/5/ 11

tms86

Jul 5, 2011
  1. Pre-Dental
    Took the DAT today, don't know if I should retake it

PAT: 22
    QR: 17
    RC: 17

Bio: 16
    Chem: 18
    Orgo: 23

Sci: 19
    AA: 18

I studied so much and was scoring 20 in Bio and 19-22 in RC on practice tests. I was really nervous and messed up on bio which made me rush through chemistry. I have 3.7 GPA and 3.7 science GPA. I really don't know what to do- I believe if I took it again I would improve, and I would be less nervous but I don't know if I should wait so long to retake it.

My application is pretty much complete- Do I have a good shot applying with these scores?

Please help!

Thank you

AlbinoPolarBear

10+ Year Member
    Jun 18, 2011
      You have an extremely good GPA, which is to your advantage.

But your Bio score will raise some doubts on whether you can retain bio knowledge in dental school.

Like Dschool posted, I would recommend contacting the dental schools you're interested in and ask them how a low Bio score would affect your application.

I would retake if I were you, but at least this time you will be more comfortable with the surroundings. Good luck!

tms86

Jul 5, 2011
      1. Pre-Dental
        The more I think about it, the more I want to take it and at least prove to myself that I can get the scores I have been getting- couldn't hurt right? Im just really upset because I know I have it in me I major in Biology and I am good at it! I don't know what happened.. Along with my good GPA I have done multiple internships, research and have amazing letter of recommendations if only i had a few points higher, I would feel much more confident. How long do I have to wait to retake it? Is it at least 3 months? If so, is october very late?

thanks for replying hope to hear from more!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.