DAT Bootcamp vs Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

119apatel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am 2 days from taking my DAT. I have studied for about 2 months now. So far I have completed 4/5 DAT Bootcamp Tests. My scores are below.

(BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/AA)
Test 1:22/21/20/21/17/18/20
Test 2:20/24/24/17/18/19/21
Test 3:17/26/22/17/17/17/20
Test 4:18/18/29/18/20/17/20

I've read through some of the similar posts about DAT Bootcamp vs. the real DAT. Im just slightly worried because my scores are a bit up and down. Im sure I won't make as many of the same mistakes on the real DAT because I have made notecards for anything I have gotten wrong. I just wanted to know if anyone else has taken the DAT recently? How much harder or easier has the real DAT been for anyone else? I plan on completing Test 5 and the 2009 Practice DAT in the next two days and just review as much as possible. Appreciate all of the input, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A trend from what I hear people can score 1-2 points higher on the DAT. So you might get a 21+. Also why do people take the 2009 Dat before the day before the DAT? Wouldn't it be better to take it beforehand so if you do bad you can learn from your mistakes and work on them.

Hey guys,
I am 2 days from taking my DAT. I have studied for about 2 months now. So far I have completed 4/5 DAT Bootcamp Tests. My scores are below.

(BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/AA)

I've read through some of the similar posts about DAT Bootcamp vs. the real DAT. Im just slightly worried because my scores are a bit up and down. Im sure I won't make as many of the same mistakes on the real DAT because I have made notecards for anything I have gotten wrong. I just wanted to know if anyone else has taken the DAT recently? How much harder or easier has the real DAT been for anyone else? I plan on completing Test 5 and the 2009 Practice DAT in the next two days and just review as much as possible. Appreciate all of the input, thanks!

you seem ready to go for the real DAT. DAt bootcamp is indicative of your real scores (people do tend to score a little higher on average). I would just continue going over what you got wrong in practice exams and continue doing more practice exams.

A trend from what I hear people can score 1-2 points higher on the DAT. So you might get a 21+. Also why do people take the 2009 Dat before the day before the DAT? Wouldn't it be better to take it beforehand so if you do bad you can learn from your mistakes and work on them.

Thanks! Im really hoping to get 21+. Im sure the next two days will only get me better! I actually wanted to complete the 2009 exam a week before but the ADA has lagged on sending my exam and it won't be here until the day before my exam. I even ordered it with 2 day shipping. I just hope to i get it Wednesday morning so I can relax during the evening before exam day Thursday.

Members don't see this ad :)
you seem ready to go for the real DAT. DAt bootcamp is indicative of your real scores (people do tend to score a little higher on average). I would just continue going over what you got wrong in practice exams and continue doing more practice exams.

Thanks for the input! Thats definitely the plan. Still got 2 days to screw any lose bolts!

Would you suggest using an online version of the 2009 DAT if the one I ordered is kind of iffy on when Ill get it?

Hey guys,

(BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/AA)

What resources were you using?

What resources were you using?

3/4 of Dat Destroyer and Math Destroyer, Dat Bootcamp(for everything and PAT practice), Cliffs Bio, Chads videos for GC and OC, reading Scientific American articles. I pretty much made note cards for anything I got wrong. I made my own version of Ari's dat boot camp schedule. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
The 2009 DAT, how much did it cost for you to get ADA to send it to you?
After completing the 2009 DAT and the actual DAT how did your scores compare and how well did you end up doing overall?
Also, how do you feel now that you have taken the DAT and gotten it out of the way?

3/4 of Dat Destroyer and Math Destroyer, Dat Bootcamp(for everything and PAT practice), Cliffs Bio, Chads videos for GC and OC, reading Scientific American articles. I pretty much made note cards for anything I got wrong. I made my own version of Ari's dat boot camp schedule. Hope this helps!

you think you could've benefit more if you went over destroyer 2-3 times?

Debating on pushing back my dat which is in two weeks. These are my bootcamp practice test scores.
GC: 19/18/21/19/19
Bio: 18/18/18/18/20/23/19
Orgo: 18/20/18/21/19/21
qr: 19/19/18/19
pat: 18/18/18/18
Reading 20/19/20

Hey guys,

(BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/AA)

how did you end up doing? did you feel bootcamp was on par with the real thing?