This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentiny

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
One step closer to being a dentist!!

23 TS (24 Bio, 22 GC, 23 OC) / 23 AA / 22 PAT

I started my preparation with Kaplan and found their materials to be a solid foundation to build upon. If you are rusty on Gen Chem, Bio or Pre-Algebra.. this is a great resource. However, I felt that their content alone wasn't sufficient to score well on the test. Of particular note, I thought their PAT was far too easy compared to the actual exam. This was a very pricey course...

I spent about 3 weeks going through DAT Champion's practice exams and found their Gen Chem to be a bit easier than what I saw on Kaplan, but representative of what I saw on the actual DAT. Their Bio and Organic Chem were challenging - but it really did prepare me well for the test. The PAT was similar to what I saw on the DAT in terms of difficulty - loads of practice questions so that was very helpful. The subscription was pretty cheap as well:)

I used Barron's AP bio book to fill in a few gaps in my bio knowledge - my college's bio sequence didn't cover any botany. This book was cheap, and a far more comprehensive bio review than Kaplan.

Finally, I used Crack the Dat. Their bio section was not representative of the material on the exam, however their Gen Chem and Organic Chem was good. Just like DAT Champion, they had tons of PAT practice. Their PAT was a middle ground of difficulty between Kaplan and DAT Champion - still slightly easier than what I saw on the actual DAT.

I didn't spend much time studying QR or RC, however all 3 that I used had similar style questions and materials. I don't think any one of them will make you a math-magician, but DAT Champion had some pretty challenging trig and word problems.

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Great job on the DAT! I actually used the same materials and felt very prepared for the test. The best advice I received was to get a good night sleep and be relaxed during the exam! My score breakdown was:

25 TS
24 AA
25 Bio
24 GC
26 OC
22 RC
23 QR
21 PAT

Last edited:
Everyone's been killing it! Great work to the both of you, I'm jealous of these scores, those high 20's look so nice :rolleyes:. And thank you for describing DAT Champion, I'll pass the thread along if I see anyone ask about it since I know its not heavily discussed.

Last edited:
I'm using DAT Champion right now and it's really good practice by being exposed to questions about numerous concepts.
But the questions/answers are RAMPANT with errors..... has anyone noticed this??
I've went through all their bio/gen chem/orgo tests, and each of the sections contained numerous errors.
For example, in the image I've posted below, the question is about a phase diagram, but they seem to have switched around the liquid and gas phase in their answer explanation....like seriously?

Capture.PNG

In the same practice exam, one of the question is about balancing a combustion reaction, shown in the thumbnail I've posted below. The answer they give is not balanced.......22 O's on the left side, 26 on the right side.

Capture.PNG

There are tons of other errors I've found besides these, so for anyone planning to use this resource, make sure you read and check every answer explanation they provide......

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone just deleted my post here because I pointed out several errors in DAT Champion. Am I wrong about the errors? PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU DELETED MY POST

I'd like to know as well. We need honest opinions about resources before we buy them, especially for the newer resources like DAT Champion.

I remember plusalphas post, he/she had mentioned errors in specific DAT Champion question explanations as well as a few other comments.

I'd like to know as well. We need honest opinions about resources before we buy them, especially for the newer resources like DAT Champion.

I remember plusalphas post, he/she had mentioned errors in specific DAT Champion question explanations as well as a few other comments.
So far all the post by users who have used DAT Champion has been fake. Not a single one has presented their scores. Most of the accounts are less than a year old or even a few days old and they all speak high of DAT Champion (most likely its for advertisement purposes by the owner/owners). I would just stick to the resources that have been around and tested bu hundreds of students.
So far, i have seen fake reports of DAT Champion. Not an honest way of advertising. I would stay away from such products.

Reactions: 2 users
So far all the post by users who have used DAT Champion has been fake. Not a single one has presented their scores. Most of the accounts are less than a year old or even a few days old and they all speak high of DAT Champion (most likely its for advertisement purposes by the owner/owners). I would just stick to the resources that have been around and tested bu hundreds of students.
So far, i have seen fake reports of DAT Champion. Not an honest way of advertising. I would stay away from such products.

Here's my score report. I thought it was a pretty good site, personally.

Happy NYE everyone!

Attachments

• DAT score report1.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
In all honesty, DAT Champion IS a good resource. They have 10 practice tests for each section, and I really did like the types of questions they gave. They do test you on a variety of concepts of each section. I give them that. BUT their answers and explanations have SO many errors. They're really simple errors, so if you're studied well enough, you can immediately catch the mistakes. But what about for those who didn't? What if they just accept the answer DAT Champion gives?? For example, one of the answer solutions said that echinodermatas (sea stars) have bilateral symmetry....in orgo, there were two compounds that were diastereomers (two chiral centers with only ONE of them having the opposite configuration), but they said they were enantiomers. Besides the conceptually false answers, there's even more simple TYPO errors too. See the thumbnail I've below to see what I'm talking about. YES, these could be considered minor errors, but when you see these errors over and over again, you start to doubt the quality of this resource.

Capture.PNG

ANYWAYS, what I'm trying to say is this: DAT Champion IS a good resource to utilize, but you just have to be wary of all the answers they give and not directly absorb what their answers say without thinking over the explanation yourself. The typos/errors ARE there and no one can disprove that. I can post screenshots of all these errors if that's legal...? lol. So until DAT Champion fixes these COMPLETELY, I'll probably keep ranting about this lol

Reactions: 1 user
In all honesty, DAT Champion IS a good resource. They have 10 practice tests for each section, and I really did like the types of questions they gave. They do test you on a variety of concepts of each section. I give them that. BUT their answers and explanations have SO many errors. They're really simple errors, so if you're studied well enough, you can immediately catch the mistakes. But what about for those who didn't? What if they just accept the answer DAT Champion gives?? For example, one of the answer solutions said that echinodermatas (sea stars) have bilateral symmetry....in orgo, there were two compounds that were diastereomers (two chiral centers with only ONE of them having the opposite configuration), but they said they were enantiomers. Besides the conceptually false answers, there's even more simple TYPO errors too. See the thumbnail I've below to see what I'm talking about. YES, these could be considered minor errors, but when you see these errors over and over again, you start to doubt the quality of this resource.

View attachment 199094

ANYWAYS, what I'm trying to say is this: DAT Champion IS a good resource to utilize, but you just have to be wary of all the answers they give and not directly absorb what their answers say without thinking over the explanation yourself. The typos/errors ARE there and no one can disprove that. I can post screenshots of all these errors if that's legal...? lol. So until DAT Champion fixes these COMPLETELY, I'll probably keep ranting about this lol
WOW....didn't know it has errors...not just one but many...
So my question is why would someone shell out $100 bucks to buy a product that has so many errors when it can be invested in other materials that are error free and have been around for a long time?

WOW....didn't know it has errors...not just one but many...
So my question is why would someone shell out $100 bucks to buy a product that has so many errors when it can be invested in other materials that are error free and have been around for a long time?

I'm guessing the MAIN reason is the number of tests they provide. 10 tests for EACH section for $70/month? Really good deal in my opinion. I used it as a "refresher" after finishing DAT Destroyer and DAT Bootcamp. As I said before, just need to tolerate with all those minor but blatant errors haha

I also tried DAT Champion, for just the PAT and found numerous errors.

They appear to have just launched Dec 19 so people saying they studied with DAT Champion and got X score is pretty dubious, and I agree with learnagain that the accounts seem fake. I'd take what Afroman007 says with a grain of salt, I think Afroman007 is the founder of it.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone just deleted my post here because I pointed out several errors in DAT Champion. Am I wrong about the errors? PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU DELETED MY POST
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was lead to believe that your post was not genuine but I have seen evidence to the contrary. I have restored the post.