DAT done 6/19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlv2148

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT 23
QR 17
RC 17
BIO 20
GC 19
OC 25
TS 21
AA 20

I am happy with my scores. I got FRAP and ethics. I studied FRAP, and I still could not figure out the answer. Ethics killed me I was so lost during it. QR there was some stat stuff on there I have never seen since I have never taken stats. I hope those scores dont kill me. Main goal is the medical college of georgia. Normal GPA and Science is 3.67. Good amount of Shadowing and volunteering. I used, Kap blue book, cliffs ap bio, little bit of schaums(too dense for me), Achiever and TopScore.

I was supposed to start studying as soon as spring semester ended around May 5, but I wasted 3 weeks. Then, I studied from 2-5 hours a day until test day. Nothing too crazy, can't keep my focus well.

I was freakin out durin Bio(thought I did much worse), then calmed down in GC, and I thought that OC was much simpler than I had expected, really just know blue book reactions and you are fine. Overall I think I did ok. Let me know if you want practice scores, think I only have achievers.

Members don't see this ad.

man, so many people getting FRAP

I'm totally getting FRAPP'D on test day, I can feel it!

The ethics passage is indeed a killer. I can't believe that it's been circulating for about a year. Anyhow, good scores. Can you give a breakdown of each section? Particularly the PAT section. Is the pattern folding comparable to Topscore?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure.

Biology - This section was different than I thought. Not a lot of focus on the stuff I would have figured. Really it was just very random, I studied Cliffs AP BIO and Schaums Bio, Schaums is too much detail, I think cliffs was just right, but I did not want to memorize the entire book, which is what I would have had to do I think to destroy the section. Lots of random stuff, really nothing physiology at all on mine. Couple classification. I would say comparative to Topscore, easier than achiever.

G Chem- Going through, I thought I did a lot better than I did. Couple of solubility, no calculations that were chemistry intensive, just like one multiplication or something like that. Need to know Oxidation-Reduction obviously. Read Blue Book chem section twice and then did achiever and topscore that was enough for me.

O Chem- Easy stuff here, All I did was study blue book. All reactions that were on the test were from there. Couple of steps to some but simple. Know activating and deactivating, key for my test. Really if you are good with blue book you are fine. Dont have all my scores, but I dont think i made higher than 16 on achiever on this section, no joke. Really My highest overall on achiever was 18 i think. That was like a week before the test haha.

PAT- Surprisingly not too bad. Keyhole was MUCH easier than achiever, equivalent to Topscore for sure. TFE also much easier than achiever, Topscore maybe a tad harder but not much. Hole Punch, simpler than achiever, equivalent to topscore for sure. angle ranking more difficult than on both programs on some, obviously some easy ones too. Cube counting, just stick to the table counting method and you are good. Pattern folding was my weakest area, since the other sections were easier than I thought, I had ten minutes when I finished first run through and I went back through every pattern fold and confirmed them, equivalent to Topscore for sure, easier than achiever. Overall equivalent to Topscore, easier than achiever.

RC- Wow, ethics rocked me. other two were average. 20 paras on ethics is too much for me too scan and remember. Never scored below 21 on any practice test, ethics got the best of me for sure.

QR- Wow, surprised. one trig relation that was very simple stuff. no need for conversion memorization, all was provided. I got tripped by Stat stuff never taken that class. Deviation and others like that. Had a good bit, rest of it I thought i did well that was not stat stuff. Not sure what aids to use for study, other than stat was comparable to topscore.

I hope QR and RC don't kill me in apps. not sure how much they are weighed, or PAT.

GOOD LUCK on yours, ask me ?s if need be.