DAT in a week, what should I aim for with a 3.3 oGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrazilianRider

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, my DAT is on June 2nd so it's coming down to the wire... I know I have to do well because I only have a 3.3 oGPA and a like 3.2 sGPA, but exactly how well?

If my other stats are relevant, I have 100 hours volunteering, 60 of which were at my school's dental clinic. I have 100 hours shadowing and three semesters of research. Also, I have a pretty strong upward trend of 3.97 over my last 47 credits (one A- in Physics 2).

I'm averaging ~21-22 AA through four Bootcamp exams, and 20-21 on the PAT... However I see everyone else's 24-26 and I get freaked out... What should I be aiming for?

EDIT: I'm planning on submitting my application in no later than the second week of July.

Members don't see this ad.

you don't really aim for a score... you study and go take it. The rest is up to the system's grading scale.

With regards to your application, I think a respectable 20+ DAT across the board along with that near 4.0 upward trend will show nicely. My only advice is to apply to alot of schools (15+).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ideally you want a 20+, but all you can do is your best and hope it's even higher. Don't get discouraged if you don't score a 25. The people on SDN tend to be overachievers and really, how often do you see people even posting a breakdown with a 19? Keep in mind that a 19AA and TS is about average across all schools, but with a slightly lower GPA you will be golden with a 22+. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm no expert but I'm sure that even if you have a 4.0 you need to still aim for a high score.

Alright guys, I took the DAT today and ended with:

23AA/23TS/24PAT

But I got a 19 in QR :mad:... How am I looking?

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Awesome scores! can you post a breakdown?

Congrats, amazing scores!

Can you please list a general outline/schedule of how you studied? :) I'm taking it in late August and need a 22+ on everything!

I posted my breakdown on the DAT Discussion board. It's a little unorganized, because to be honest I am drunk right now. I'll upload a more in-depth breakdown/study schedule tomorrow!

I posted my breakdown on the DAT Discussion board. It's a little unorganized, because to be honest I am drunk right now. I'll upload a more in-depth breakdown/study schedule tomorrow!
Thank you!!

Alright guys, I took the DAT today and ended with:

23AA/23TS/24PAT

But I got a 19 in QR :mad:... How am I looking?
tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif

My stats are identical to you, still have to take the DAT (same upward trend in the last 40-50 credits). Definitely some inspiration to kill the DAT!

My stats are identical to you, still have to take the DAT (same upward trend in the last 40-50 credits). Definitely some inspiration to kill the DAT!

You got this! Us screw-ups gotta stick together ;)