DAT in a week, what should I aim for with a 3.3 oGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BrazilianRider

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like the title says, my DAT is on June 2nd so it's coming down to the wire... I know I have to do well because I only have a 3.3 oGPA and a like 3.2 sGPA, but exactly how well?

If my other stats are relevant, I have 100 hours volunteering, 60 of which were at my school's dental clinic. I have 100 hours shadowing and three semesters of research. Also, I have a pretty strong upward trend of 3.97 over my last 47 credits (one A- in Physics 2).

I'm averaging ~21-22 AA through four Bootcamp exams, and 20-21 on the PAT... However I see everyone else's 24-26 and I get freaked out... What should I be aiming for?

EDIT: I'm planning on submitting my application in no later than the second week of July.
 
you don't really aim for a score... you study and go take it. The rest is up to the system's grading scale.

With regards to your application, I think a respectable 20+ DAT across the board along with that near 4.0 upward trend will show nicely. My only advice is to apply to alot of schools (15+).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ideally you want a 20+, but all you can do is your best and hope it's even higher. Don't get discouraged if you don't score a 25. The people on SDN tend to be overachievers and really, how often do you see people even posting a breakdown with a 19? Keep in mind that a 19AA and TS is about average across all schools, but with a slightly lower GPA you will be golden with a 22+. Best of luck!
 
I'm no expert but I'm sure that even if you have a 4.0 you need to still aim for a high score.
 
Congrats, amazing scores!

Can you please list a general outline/schedule of how you studied? 🙂 I'm taking it in late August and need a 22+ on everything!

I posted my breakdown on the DAT Discussion board. It's a little unorganized, because to be honest I am drunk right now. I'll upload a more in-depth breakdown/study schedule tomorrow!
 
Alright guys, I took the DAT today and ended with:

23AA/23TS/24PAT

But I got a 19 in QR 😡... How am I looking?
tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif
 
My stats are identical to you, still have to take the DAT (same upward trend in the last 40-50 credits). Definitely some inspiration to kill the DAT!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad