DAT practice tests vs real scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering from those that have taken the DAT so far if there scores from their practice tests were accurate to the actual tests. I am taking Kaplan tests and Top Score. I have heard from some people that their scores went up a point or two from their practice tests. Just wanted to see what everyone thought.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought KAPLAN was a little easy for sections like GC, OC, and definetly not enough for QR. I have no experience with TopScore though as of now, but that is soon to change as I am retaking in July!

I'm taking mine in a week and am also using TopScore and Kaplan. TopScore is a lot harder in my opinion than Kaplan -- read the posts on the DAT Discussions page. Some people have posted their actual DAT scores vs. practice test scores. That might help.

Good luck!

i only used kaplan and thought that all sections were just about the same as the real test except perceptual ability. the angle rankings were brutal on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I was just wondering from those that have taken the DAT so far if there scores from their practice tests were accurate to the actual tests. I am taking Kaplan tests and Top Score. I have heard from some people that their scores went up a point or two from their practice tests. Just wanted to see what everyone thought.

I think they're relatively accurate. Then again, you could get lucky on test day and be given questions that you might know the answer to or you might be unlucky... ultimately my AA score on topscore ranged with 4 points of each other. My AA score on the real test came out to be the average of the 3 topscores. I thought that topscore bio was more straightforward than the real thing and the QR section in topscore was easier. RC in topscore was also easier than the real thing - again being more of a search and find the answer type.