DAT Score predictions and success rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So, I am going to reschedule my DAT for around July 10-14. Still haven't finalized it. But, let's say I get 18 or 19 on the DAT. I know obviously there will be a lot of people with higher scores, but what would be my chances if I got one of those two scores (let's say 18 just for my purposes and thoughts).

My cGPA/ sGPA is both 3.94. I have 115 hours shadowing, research over last summer, a list of other EC, good LOR, and assuming my PS is good. Let's say I take DAT July 10-14, but I have submitted my app by the end of June. What are my chances of getting some interviews, especially since I'll be applying with my DAT scores sent out later than others?

My dream is to go to UIC's Dental School. I've been a huge fan, and love Chicago as it's where I've been all my life. Some other schools I have considered are:
-Midwestern (Illinois)
-Southern Illinois
-Marquette
-University of Michigan
-University of Iowa
-University of Wisconsin

Could someone please give me some feedback here, specifically if I got one of the two above scores, and how my chances would be since I am applying later?

Anything helps- Thanks as always!!

Members don't see this ad.

Dude you'll be fine you are well qualified for sure! You have studied hard I'm sure you will kill the DAT

Reactions: 1 user
Just relax. You'll do fine

On another note......I don't think there is a University of Wisconsin dental school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude you'll be fine you are well qualified for sure! You have studied hard I'm sure you will kill the DAT

Thanks! You think even if I got one of those scores I would have a good chance still? (I'm not the best with standardized tests!)

Thanks! You think even if I got one of those scores I would have a good chance still? (I'm not the best with standardized tests!)

Those scores would make your DAT average but everything else is above so yeah I do!

Hi Virtual,

I am a believer in what you tell yourself you will believe. Don't say you are not the best standardized text taker. I don't believe there are bad test takers, if you can answer the questions presented, you will be an excellent test taker. You do not have a 3.94 GPA from being a bad test taker. Do NOT let your nerves get the best of you! Use positive self affirmations. I know this might sound corny to you young whipper snappers, but it works!

You are using excellent study materials...stay the course...I know you can do it!

Nancy

Reactions: 2 users
how do you know you gonna get 18 or 19 on the DAT???? why not 22 or 23 or even higher?
If you aim high you will get high scores and if you only aim at 18 or 19 well.....
you still have plenty of time. You can do it

how do you know you gonna get 18 or 19 on the DAT???? why not 22 or 23 or even higher?
If you aim high you will get high scores and if you only aim at 18 or 19 well.....
you still have plenty of time. You can do it
Oh dont get me wrong, Im always striving for the highest possible. I'm just saying like "what ifs". If I got 22/23 on the DAT...I think I would throw a pizza party for everyone on SDN! :)