artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Hey guys!

In the interest of making SDN a more helpful place, we have decided to create a megathread to make it easier for users to find people to study with. In the past, these types of threads were moved to the Classifieds Forum, but we felt they were quickly drowned out by the ads there. As such, we've created this thread!

Some helpful things to include in your post:
1) Test Date: Month & Year
2) Location: City, State, Country
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning ---> Content Review ---> Practice Tests (whatever you want to put here)
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person or Either
5) Goal of Study Buddy: ex. Review, Motivation, Questions, etc.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: ex. FT job or FT student, etc

Reminders:
- This thread is NOT to be used to buy/sell materials - report it if you see it.
- This thread is NOT to be used to advertise/spam - report it if you see it.
- Be sure to check this thread often!

If you find someone that could be a good match, reply to their message here & PM them too! Do NOT post private/personal information on this thread!

We hope this helps. Good luck!

StarbucksMD21

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
1) Test Date: Last week of August/First week of Sep 2019
2) Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
3) Stage of Studying: Just starting out, bought my supplies, bought my DAT Bootcamp membership.
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person; Either is fine with me :)
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, I'm looking to find something who will be able to keep me accountable. Ex: wake up at a certain time, get studying done for those few hours, etc. I feel that is easier for me to get going when I know someone else is going through the same process as me.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Have two part time jobs (one is extremely flexible in hours), family responsibilities

P.S: Thank you so much for creating this thread!!! :) It's a blessing! I've been a nervous wreck so far.

Apr 23, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
1) Test Date: Planning on 1st week of August!
2) Location: Mpls-St Paul greater area, MN, USA
3) Stage of Studying: Content Review and about to begin practice tests
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person or Either
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation, Questions, etc. Accountability! We can reach goals together. Healthy competition is great.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Not working for the next month to really focus on studying. However I am still involved with some ECs (volunteering,etc.) I am 21 and just graduated in May/biology major. Applied hastily last year without proper prep. Completely underestimated the DAT. Hoping for a KO on this years round now that I know what to expect!

Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
1) Test Date: Last week of August/First week of Sep 2019
2) Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
3) Stage of Studying: Just starting out, bought my supplies, bought my DAT Bootcamp membership.
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person; Either is fine with me :)
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, I'm looking to find something who will be able to keep me accountable. Ex: wake up at a certain time, get studying done for those few hours, etc. I feel that is easier for me to get going when I know someone else is going through the same process as me.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Have two part time jobs (one is extremely flexible in hours), family responsibilities

P.S: Thank you so much for creating this thread!!! :) It's a blessing! I've been a nervous wreck so far.
Hey starbucksMD21 how was your exam? I wish I seen this a few months ago, I am also in the bay area! I have changed my exam date to December 20th but still feel nervous about it :scared: