DATBC vs DATqvault BIO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lwergod

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
On DATBC, thus far, I have been averaging 19-21 on the bio exams ranging from 26-32 correct, using almost all the time.

however...

I took DATqvault's free bio sample exam, finished with 30 minutes to spare scoring a 34/40.

Now I am not sure what to believe in terms of whose test is more accurate compared to the real deal. DATqvault's questions were a little more straight forward and succinct while BC's questions had me stopping to think what the question was actually asking.

I.E. on BC there was a question that asked:

if a DNA has the sequence 5'GCCATA 3', then what is the RNA sequences that is transcribed from its complimentary strand?

I interpreted the question as(even though I was in the wrong), "its complimentary strands" = 5'GCCATA 3', as in the question is referring to that sequence as the complimentary strand in itself.

but the question was saying, the DNA sequence above is the template strand, what is the RNA that will be transcribed.

SO my question is, are there any weirdly worded or tricky questions like that on the real DAT?

is it as succinct and straight forward as DATqvault? or was that just a piss easy/antiquated practice exam?

Members don't see this ad.

No the DAT is pretty straight forward in general for the sciences.I also averaged between 19-22 on the BC exams and got a 23 on the DAT. As you can tell, the bootcamp exams never ask you the same thing twice, so each test covers new material which is great for learning. If you are scoring the way you are on the practice exams, you'll be fine. I would also recommend taking the biology exams at the end of Cliffs AP Bio, those questions are very straight forward and similar to what I got on my DAT. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user