Dating in Med School for AAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I interviewed at meharry and some girl actually gave me her number? I didn't get in so I doubt I will ever see her again.

Just because there are a lot of people, does not mean there are a lot with mutual attraction. There were some cute girls at my school, but dumb as bricks. They only went after football players, frats, or pre med or law.

I second this and that sucks about not getting into Meharry :(

I honestly am just looking forward to medical school to finally be able to talk to an AA female about science. My last 4 years in college I could never do this because in all my science and math classes, if I was lucky enough to get any AA females in the class, they dropped by the end of the first week. Oh well, Here's to a brighter future :D

I honestly am just looking forward to medical school to finally be able to talk to an AA female about science. My last 4 years in college I could never do this because in all my science and math classes, if I was lucky enough to get any AA females in the class, they dropped by the end of the first week. Oh well, Here's to a brighter future :D

Lol looking back on this thread it was female run...in the words of Rick James "the tables have turned darkness". But seriously y'all should subscribe to the thread and return it to glory.

P.S. Has anyone seen Camron's fiance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol looking back on this thread it was female run...in the words of Rick James "the tables have turned darkness". But seriously y'all should subscribe to the thread and return it to glory.

P.S. Has anyone seen Camron's fiance?

Probably a white girl. They're nice.

That's weird because black women out number black men in the sciences. I know most of the interviews I have been on have had at least one black female. Only interview that had another AA male was at Howard.

That's weird because black women out number black men in the sciences. I know most of the interviews I have been on have had at least one black female. Only interview that had another AA male was at Howard.

Tons of black women at my interviews but...there are too few single ones. They all had boyfriends from undergrad who drive them around. Maybe when they break up around spring of first year we get a chance.

Tons of black women at my interviews but...there are too few single ones. They all had boyfriends from undergrad who drive them around. Maybe when they break up around spring of first year we get a chance.

lol that's true. My buddy says they'll start summer in a relationship and end summer single :laugh:

:thumbup:

There were a couple of single black women at my interviews, including myself. It does seem that most people on the interview trail were in relationships though.

There were a couple of single black women at my interviews, including myself. It does seem that most people on the interview trail were in relationships though.

Let me slide my chair over here :naughty:...jk. I am just happy to know I am going to attend an HBCU, where there are more of us to get to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me slide my chair over here :naughty:...jk. I am just happy to know I am going to attend an HBCU, where there are more of us to get to know.

In a way I'm sort of jealous that I didn't apply to an HBCU. I got into some good schools, but I do have a feeling it's only going to be a small number of sisters to choose from. Guess I'm going interracial :love:

Haha!

I'm still waiting on a HBCU for a decision. I either go there or go to another non-HBCU school. Both are amazing schools, but I doubt there are going to be many African Americans in the area at the non-HBCU. I have a feeling I'd have to put a bit more effort into dating.

Haha!

I'm still waiting on a HBCU for a decision. I either go there or go to another non-HBCU school. Both are amazing schools, but I doubt there are going to be many African Americans in the area at the non-HBCU. I have a feeling I'd have to put a bit more effort into dating.

Booo! Now you know you need to wait on the dark side... No pun intended...

In a way I'm sort of jealous that I didn't apply to an HBCU. I got into some good schools, but I do have a feeling it's only going to be a small number of sisters to choose from. Guess I'm going interracial :love:

I giggled when I read this! Best of luck in your pursuits!!

Single black woman checking in. I look forward to meeting some new people when I start med school in the fall.

Which HBCU were you accepted to? I was accepted to Meharry.

Single black woman checking in. I look forward to meeting some new people when I start med school in the fall.

"What your medical interests are?" What medschool you be with?"
Things that make you smile? What numbers to dial?"
-Big poppa :naughty:

Like other posters said: Handsome gentlemen all over the place but not one of them was worth even a penny *le sigh* Don't get me wrong: there were opportunities lol But didn't find too many people accepting of my quirks (i.e. when they get to know me). I'm also pretty goal-oriented so I never put much effort into it to begin with. Wow I'm putting all my stuff out here :|

Like other posters said: Handsome gentlemen all over the place but not one of them was worth even a penny *le sigh* Don't get me wrong: there were opportunities lol But didn't find too many people accepting of my quirks (i.e. when they get to know me). I'm also pretty goal-oriented so I never put much effort into it to begin with. Wow I'm putting all my stuff out here :|

Usually, means either crazy,spoiled, entitled, obsessive complusive , etc.

Lol how did you find the time to figure out all these relationship statuses during the interview day? -----The only thing I was worried about was not getting food on my suit during lunch and trying not to look nervous

I agree. The interviews i went to had one or no AA males. Even my Howard interview had all women!

Side note: Despite the low numbers in my interview groups, I must admit I'm still pretty excited about meeting science guys next year! :D

Lol how did you find the time to figure out all these relationship statuses during the interview day? -----The only thing I was worried about was not getting food on my suit during lunch and trying not to look nervous.

I agree. The interviews i went to had one or no AA males. Even my Howard interview had all women!

Side note: Despite the low numbers in my interview groups, I must admit I'm still pretty excited about meeting science guys next year! :D

I like to get to know the other people before the day starts. Getting to know them allows me to be more comfortable.

Lol how did you find the time to figure out all these relationship statuses during the interview day? -----The only thing I was worried about was not getting food on my suit during lunch and trying not to look nervous

That's the good thing about Howard and DC in general. You'll meet lots of smart people making moves. My home girl goes to Howard and she loves it, says it real supportive. Class is about 50/50 male to female.

Neurotic is probably appropriate lol! I've always had my mind stuck on my goals. It is what it is, can't change how I was.

Last edited:
Well I met a nice young lady that I am dating now...So I may be out of it for at least the first block.

Last edited:
Lately I've been getting some cougar love so maybe my game will bag me an attending :naughty:

What kind of game are you spitting, cuz? :naughty:

I will be as old as an attending when I graduate, but I don't want some hating attending to fail me on rotation. I mean after I break her heart of course.

LMBO!!!!

This thread made my entire life today :laugh:

I'm a nontrad so all my friends I graduated with who went to med school are residents, and I almost exclusively date guys who are older than me, so I'm 99% sure I won't find anyone in med school. Online dating ftw. :naughty:

FcFab and iave9963 you all will be fine, that white coat fever is real. Aforementioned residents are swimming in women, and a couple people I know that were wanting to settle down have completely switched gears to "sowing the wild oats".

Maybe SDN should start a dating forum/section of the site...

LMBO!!!!

I'm a nontrad so all my friends I graduated with who went to med school are residents, and I almost exclusively date guys who are older than me, so I'm 99% sure I won't find anyone in med school. Online dating ftw. :naughty:

FcFab and iave9963 you all will be fine, that white coat fever is real. Aforementioned residents are swimming in women, and a couple people I know that were wanting to settle down have completely switched gears to "sowing the wild oats".

Do you enjoy online dating? After doing it for about a year and a half I realized it wasn't for me.

I'm guessing "white coat fever" only applies to men?

LMBO!!!!

+1

Do you enjoy online dating? After doing it for about a year and a half I realized it wasn't for me.

I hate online dating. I dated a few women in medical school, it was really hard because they never had time. One of my friends complained that she is tired of dating because dude never understand the time constraints of medical school.

Last edited:

Nope, I hate it lol. Dating in general I see as a necessary evil. I like it when things get to the point of you having a drawer and a toothbrush at my place and vice versa.

I have yet to hear of the same phenomenon with women. But none of my female friends who are physicians/dentists/pharmacists are willing to date "down" either, so if the pool you're fishing in is colleagues and superiors, they're much less likely to get googly-eyed because of a white coat.

Nope, I hate it lol. Dating in general I see as a necessary evil. I like it when things get to the point of you having a drawer and a toothbrush at my place and vice versa.

I have yet to hear of the same phenomenon with women. But none of my female friends who are physicians/dentists/pharmacists are willing to date "down" either, so if the pool you're fishing in is colleagues and superiors, they're much less likely to get googly-eyed because of a white coat.

I feel the same way about dating, I know it's supposed to be fun but it feels more like a headache than anything. I'll admit I'm extremely paranoid during the "getting to know each other phase" at times -- I'll assume some guys just want one thing or that they'll turn out to be jerks anyway so why bother.

I feel the same way about dating, I know it's supposed to be fun but it feels more like a headache than anything. I'll admit I'm extremely paranoid during the "getting to know each other phase" at times -- I'll assume some guys just want one thing or that they'll turn out to be jerks anyway so why bother.

You gotta gotta try a little tenderness! Lol
On a serious note dating is only as hard as you make it in my opinion, it is overall more challenging for smart AA women who want an intelligent man, but a little openness goes a long way. Like you said you may have misjudged a few already. Give people a chance, give lots of people a chance in fact, and just see what comes of it. Who knows a guy in medicine may not be for you after all, heat be accomplished in his own right in something else or working to something that you would have never thought you would be attracted to. Ish works like that sometimes..... IMHO that is

You gotta gotta try a little tenderness! Lol
On a serious note dating is only as hard as you make it in my opinion, it is overall more challenging for smart AA women who want an intelligent man, but a little openness goes a long way. Like you said you may have misjudged a few already. Give people a chance, give lots of people a chance in fact, and just see what comes of it. Who knows a guy in medicine may not be for you after all, heat be accomplished in his own right in something else or working to something that you would have never thought you would be attracted to. Ish works like that sometimes..... IMHO that is

I'm pretty open-minded, IR dating and "dating down". it's just that at times I get those moments of anxiety in the back of my mind. I can't help but be guarded.

Being played, strung along, or rejected. I had a few disappointing experiences with dating online. Not all of them but a few were really crushing.

Wow, that sucks. Online dating is difficult. A few of my guy friends do it, but they are not really emotionally available (getting out of a relationship, just looking to hook up). I like meeting people through friends. Online dating is just to random.

I never tried online dating personally, but nothing is impossible. A client of mine actually met her husband on Craigslist! Now that **** is crazy lol but they've been together for several years now and seem happy!

In Korea, they love to do online dating o_O. They even have an app on their phone that can alter their beauty. They can make their cheeks smaller and eyes wider and skin anti-acne. It's crazy over here.

I never tried online dating personally, but nothing is impossible. A client of mine actually met her husband on Craigslist! Now that **** is crazy lol but they've been together for several years now and seem happy!

Just made my day lol

As long as they are happy. :love:

inb4 Seal and Heidi.