Davis decisions are in.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustCats

UC Davis SVM c/o 2013!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wait listed. I don't know what number I am yet.

Members don't see this ad.

How do you know?

I just got an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh jeeze...now I'm gonna freak out!

I had to go bak to make sure I hadn't hallucinated it but my email said I was ranked. Why would they rank some and not others?!

That's weird. I had to call.

Maybe because you're #1???

I had to go bak to make sure I hadn't hallucinated it but my email said I was ranked. Why would they rank some and not others?!

Me too. I really want to know what number I am

So NOBODY has declined yet!! Well I really would be excited to g oto Edinburgh too, but, really NOBODY!!

Nope. They say no one has declined yet. A lot of people still haven't accepted yet either, though.

So NOBODY has declined yet!! Well I really would be excited to g oto Edinburgh too, but, really NOBODY!!

I'm loosing hope:( There are 103 people on the facebook group. That means there are only 30 undecided people.

Last edited:
Keep in mind a whole lot of those people are from the class of 2012 - - - don't lose hope!

A good portion are probably current 1st years+ on the facebook group. If they usually take 7-8 off the waitlist typical years there is no reason for it to be any different now.

Last edited:
I'm loosing hope:( There are 103 people on the facebook group. That means there are only 30 undecided people.

They also might not be decided. You don't have to sign a waiver to join a facebook group :)

some of the ppl on the facebook group are older students. They've just started a housing thread and for ppl to post replies they have to be a part of the group... soooo upper classman who want to post up their house/room for rent need to join the group too =) Dont lose hope!!!!

Hi everyone, I just called Davis to ask about the wait list and thought I'd share what they had to say. It wasn't very encouraging. The waitlist hasn't moved, which was no real surprise, but they did say that they move through the list as positions open up. I was hoping they were waiting until the admit deadline to send out a new round of acceptances. Now I have to think of something else to keep my hopes up. Any ideas?

Hi everyone, I just called Davis to ask about the wait list and thought I'd share what they had to say. It wasn't very encouraging. The waitlist hasn't moved, which was no real surprise, but they did say that they move through the list as positions open up. I was hoping they were waiting until the admit deadline to send out a new round of acceptances. Now I have to think of something else to keep my hopes up. Any ideas?

I'm first on the waitlist and have heard NOTHING:(, which means that not even enough people have declined for them to go through their over-admitted students. Ok. Sorry for the rant. Things have to move a little on the 15th, right?

I'm first on the waitlist and have heard NOTHING:(, which means that not even enough people have declined for them to go through their over-admitted students. Ok. Sorry for the rant. Things have to move a little on the 15th, right?

They have to move after the 15th. The way I see it, our chance to move up the waitlist is primarily dependent on OOS people giving up their seats. I'm sure SOME IS people will give up their seats to go elsewhere, but I think that is more unlikely. I'm not counting on getting in:(...in any case, I've sent a deposit to Iowa:) so I have a good backup (I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to move again)

I was hoping you'd reply. We're all waiting for you to get your acceptance so we know when they finally get to wait list ;). Yeah, it seems like things should start moving around the 15th, I guess we'll just keep waiting.

I just emailed Yasmin and found out that they still have to have 5 more declined before they even get to the alternate list and they only have 15 more people to hear back from. YIKES. I've forgotten all my philosophical jargon on perspective and am right back here:scared::scared:!!

On the other hand MAYBE the fact that 15 people havn't responded and it's only a week until d-day is a good thing:rolleyes:...at least that means there is 15 undecided people.

But only 3 declines out of the 118 that have responded...ouch

ok, the yoyo nature of this post is really what my thoughts are like right now.

Does anyone know of a year that nobody got off the alternate list at Davis? Maybe these are normal stats for this stage in the process?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I've been quietly lurking the Davis threads for a while (mostly because there are a lot of the same people as the Western thread). It sounds crazy that so few people have declined, but it could also be partly due to people sending in deposits while waiting on other school's waitlists. So I know that is more of a stretch, but there has to be at least one person that changes their mind! I'm rooting for you wildzoovet!