UC Davis 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations on your Cornell acceptance!! Regardless of the outcome for Davis I hope you proud of yourself for getting into another fantastic school!
Thank you so much!! Sadly I think it's pretty unrealistic that I'd be able to go given that they base tuition off of seat for all 4 yrs and not residency apparently. But, I am very very proud of the achievement!!! I've been trying not to jinx myself by saying it, but UC Davis is definitely my #1 choice and far more financially feasible. Best of luck to you, me, and everyone else in the next few days!!
 
I got accepted at Cornell last week and started back at undergrad this week- I have been asked AT LEAST 15 times where I want to go but I refuse to answer because I *need* to know if I get into Davis first. I never even thought I'd get an interview and I'm so scared I'll have gotten my hopes up for nothing :,)
Congratulations that’s amazing!! That will be a tough decision, but always having a choice is amazing!🎊
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much!! Sadly I think it's pretty unrealistic that I'd be able to go given that they base tuition off of seat for all 4 yrs and not residency apparently. But, I am very very proud of the achievement!!! I've been trying not to jinx myself by saying it, but UC Davis is definitely my #1 choice and far more financially feasible. Best of luck to you, me, and everyone else in the next few days!!
Completely understandable, and very wise taking the financial aspect into consideration. Rooting for you to get to pick a school that's the best fit for you 🙂

Good luck everyone, I really hope we get to hear back from UC Davis soon!! This wait is KILLER
 
Thank you so much!! Sadly I think it's pretty unrealistic that I'd be able to go given that they base tuition off of seat for all 4 yrs and not residency apparently. But, I am very very proud of the achievement!!! I've been trying not to jinx myself by saying it, but UC Davis is definitely my #1 choice and far more financially feasible. Best of luck to you, me, and everyone else in the next few days!!
I’m in a similar place. Got accepted to LIU but the tuition would be double what I’d pay at Davis and with the loan cap, I wouldn’t even be able to cover out of pocket costs :/
Fingers crossed for both of us!! Cornell is a huge achievement regardless
 
Based on previous cycles, they call admitted students around 4 pm PST, and waitlists/denials are posted in the portal or emailed sometime on Friday? That is my guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y'all think there's any chance they could reach out over the weekend (or even Monday, given MLK day)? Or are we thinking Tuesday will be the soonest we could hear back?
 
Do y'all think there's any chance they could reach out over the weekend (or even Monday, given MLK day)? Or are we thinking Tuesday will be the soonest we could hear back?
Unfortunately I doubt they’d reach out over the weekend or holiday. Probably soonest would be Tuesday but historically it looks like they’ve called on either a Wednesday or Thursday
 
Whatever it takes ! 🤞
1000010661.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe they'll start calling 5pm PST? :,) Honestly I've kept my hopes down all week, but I seriously don't know how I'll handle *another* week. Especially when next week i'll be OOT for a different school's admitted students day thing, like.. I need to know 😭
 
same... i'm glad we're all going thru this together at least 😭
But literally why would they wait so long for our cycle I just do not get it. Like what is so different that they can't release decisions. I know I'm just stressed but it is sort of infuriating to see that for years they've been released in the second week of Jan and now it's looking like we won't get it until the literal last week.
 
But literally why would they wait so long for our cycle I just do not get it. Like what is so different that they can't release decisions. I know I'm just stressed but it is sort of infuriating to see that for years they've been released in the second week of Jan and now it's looking like we won't get it until the literal last week.
fr, i wonder whats happening this year too
 
Maybe they'll start calling 5pm PST? :,) Honestly I've kept my hopes down all week, but I seriously don't know how I'll handle *another* week. Especially when next week i'll be OOT for a different school's admitted students day thing, like.. I need to know 😭
i feel the same, i have 3 interviews next week and i wanted to hear back from Davis before doing them😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad