UC Davis 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I completed all of the supplemental pieces of the application, and my portal reads : "You have completed all necessary steps for your application to be considered for admission." But it does not say Application Complete. Is there something else I need to do?
 
Hi! I completed all of the supplemental pieces of the application, and my portal reads : "You have completed all necessary steps for your application to be considered for admission." But it does not say Application Complete. Is there something else I need to do?
Mine said that at first, too. I don't know when it changed but I just checked it and it now says Application Complete. It's probably just part of the process as they manually review to make sure you've got everything!
 
Hi! I completed all of the supplemental pieces of the application, and my portal reads : "You have completed all necessary steps for your application to be considered for admission." But it does not say Application Complete. Is there something else I need to do?
I'm pretty sure if you've got that, you're good. You don't have to manually submit your application. Regardless of if you've got everything, everyone's supplemental gets submitted at the deadline.
 
Does anyone have an idea of when we would be hearing back about interviews?
Around mid-November, a couple weeks before interviews are held. They informed us about interviews on November 15th for the previous cycle.

Also, I'm a first year here at U.C Davis. Feel free to DM or ask questions how about things work in Davis or a rough idea of the application timeline.
 
Last edited:
I got an interview too!!! Congrats to everyone!!!

Just want to note that I’m an untraditional applicant with 6 withdrawals on my transcript, 6 years to get my bachelors, first gen, disadvantaged background (as hell) so this is unreal. I didn’t think this would happen. Literally had a dream last night I got the offer and just got the email 🙂
 
I got an interview too!!! Congrats to everyone!!!

Just want to note that I’m an untraditional applicant with 6 withdrawals on my transcript, 6 years to get my bachelors, first gen, disadvantaged background (as hell) so this is unreal. I didn’t think this would happen. Literally had a dream last night I got the offer and just got the email 🙂
Omg me too!! Took me almost 7 years to finish undergrad (although I am only 23 because I dropped out of HS when I was 15)… worked well over full time all through college and now this!! So excited for us🥳
 
Omg me too!! Took me almost 7 years to finish undergrad (although I am only 23 because I dropped out of HS when I was 15)… worked well over full time all through college and now this!! So excited for us🥳
Also worked full time through college and I’m 24 🤣 Look at us killing it
 
Also to everyone who did get an interview offer, do you have the option to schedule the interview?
It’s blank on my page, giving me no option to schedule. I tried different browsers too
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 280
Also to everyone who did get an interview offer, do you have the option to schedule the interview?
It’s blank on my page, giving me no option to schedule. I tried different browsers too
I have this issue too, I just sent admissions a message to inform them about it and included my preferred interview slot so that they can hopefully keep track of those messages
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my theory is admissions pasted the wrong message in the Interview Information section, because most of the dates in the message are wrong too lol. Hopefully they fix it soon! Congrats everyone who got an interview!
 
So my theory is admissions pasted the wrong message in the Interview Information section, because most of the dates in the message are wrong too lol. Hopefully they fix it soon! Congrats everyone who got an interview!
Hopefully they didn’t send it to the wrong people lol😂
 
Are interview invites sent all at the same time?
From last year’s thread, it looks like the interview invites were all sent around the same time. I haven’t heard anything yet, so I’m assuming it’s likely a rejection for me. Huge congratulations to everyone who received an interview! You have all worked so hard to get here! And best of luck to the rest of us with our other schools!

Edits: just received OOS rejection! Again, congrats to people who got the interview! And good luck everyone with the applications!
 
Last edited:
love doing every single little thing they said to improve upon in their reapplicant meeting/email and not even getting my application looked at as a resident 🫠

best of luck to everyone interviewing, though 👍
 
got an interview tonight as an IS resident!!! 🥳 it isn't letting schedule my interview though, anyone else having this issue still?
Looks like they’re having issues on the portal and had to send a message to IT. We should be getting another message in our portal when they fix everything
 
Congrats on those who received an interview! That is super exciting and it’s a testament to all of your hard work throughout your journeys. Best of luck during your MMIs! I was rejected, IS. would those that received interviews share their background a bit? Especially those who are 2nd career, non-traditional students? Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on those who received an interview! That is super exciting and it’s a testament to all of your hard work throughout your journeys. Best of luck during your MMIs! I was rejected, IS. would those that received interviews share their background a bit? Especially those who are 2nd career, non-traditional students? Thank you!
Hey there, I received an interview invite as an IS applicant (also non-trad - graduated college in 2017 and have worked in human laboratory since). If you’d like to get an idea of stats I posted my background on the WAMC page not too long ago.
 
Hi! Is anyone able to schedule their interview this morning? I don't have an interview information tab, only an interview directions tab that is left blank.
 
Congrats on those who received an interview! That is super exciting and it’s a testament to all of your hard work throughout your journeys. Best of luck during your MMIs! I was rejected, IS. would those that received interviews share their background a bit? Especially those who are 2nd career, non-traditional students? Thank you!
Also curious, I was rejected as a non-trad 2nd career IS applicant w/ graduate degree. My GPAs were in the ranges they mentioned (my last 45 was a 4.0).
 
Also curious, I was rejected as a non-trad 2nd career IS applicant w/ graduate degree. My GPAs were in the ranges they mentioned (my last 45 was a 4.0).
mine were above what they said was supposedly "competitive" and I did everything else they suggested: eLOR > 4.7/5, learn new language, essays on point. According to them last year, any grad degree does not affect your ranking at all just like your area of interest, experiences, or major/school. Then there's things completely out of your control that'll keep you out of the top 200 (what is actually reviewed) unless you had a ~3.9+ to begin with. You should consider changing the state of your residency atp since they don't plan on expanding class size anytime soon
 
Also curious, I was rejected as a non-trad 2nd career IS applicant w/ graduate degree. My GPAs were in the ranges they mentioned (my last 45 was a 4.0).
I’m a non-trad applicant, with a very average overall (3.47) and science (3.52) GPA. I was granted an interview and I think it was because of personal statement and supplemental statement. I worked really hard drafting and rewriting them, had my writing peer reviewed by a DVM and a lit professor from college. Anyone with specific questions about my application can message me🙂
 
Also curious, I was rejected as a non-trad 2nd career IS applicant w/ graduate degree. My GPAs were in the ranges they mentioned (my last 45 was a 4.0).
What kind of experience did you have? It may have been experience or essays. I know they tend to really like diverse experiences with a lot of different species, multiple hospitals, plus research, volunteer, and non-vet related things help
 
What kind of experience did you have? It may have been experience or essays. I know they tend to really like diverse experiences with a lot of different species, multiple hospitals, plus research, volunteer, and non-vet related things help
pretty diverse PhD (research w/fish) many published peer reviewed research papers, marine mammal care, worked in shelter environment w/wildlife, large animal (dairy, equine, small ruminant), plus work history in biotech/clinical dx space. Lots of volunteer + community service not related to vet med as well.
 
Congrats on those who received an interview! That is super exciting and it’s a testament to all of your hard work throughout your journeys. Best of luck during your MMIs! I was rejected, IS. would those that received interviews share their background a bit? Especially those who are 2nd career, non-traditional students? Thank you!
I’m a nontraditional student. My gpa across the board was about 3.65, finishing my degree in ecology and evolution
Experience (~3000 hours+): small animal gp and ER, fear free gp that saw exotics, small animal rehab, wildlife rescue, only like ~20 hours with large animal helping my family farm in Ukraine over one summer
Research (~25-30 hours so far): volunteered to help a grad student with her research on sea urchins and currently doing a thesis on dolphins (not very many hours in yet)
LOR from 2 vets and committee letter from health advising department in my school who did mock interviews and reviewed all our eLORs and personal statements
Heavy emphasis on coming from a disadvantaged background raised by a single mother. I’m local and it’s pretty known here that there aren’t many Russian/Ukrainian speaking vets and I’ve done a lot of translating and have helped a lot of non English speaking clients get their pets help which I talked about in my community statement

I also had a pretty hefty explanation statement due to having 6 withdrawals needing to explain it was a result of health issues and a surgery with hefty recovery I needed in 2022
Hope this helps!
 
Hi everyone,

As I am preparing for the MMI interview, I think it would be really helpful to have a practice buddy. I am looking for someone who can do two to three times an hour mock interview each week to go over some scenarios. Please dm if you are interested!
 
mine were above what they said was supposedly "competitive" and I did everything else they suggested: eLOR > 4.7/5, learn new language, essays on point. According to them last year, any grad degree does not affect your ranking at all just like your area of interest, experiences, or major/school. Then there's things completely out of your control that'll keep you out of the top 200 (what is actually reviewed) unless you had a ~3.9+ to begin with. You should consider changing the state of your residency atp since they don't plan on expanding class size anytime soon
How do you know what your ELOR scores are? Aren't those confidential?
 
I asked recommenders what exactly I should improve upon from last year because it’s supposedly make/break for screening and 3 of them shared what they gave me after submitting
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else's portal no longer showing their interview? The sign up sheet is gone again... Hopefully I had signed up correctly! Ahh