Day before: Take a day off or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm getting mixed messages on this. My school USMLE advisor told me to take the day off as did Taus awesome STEP I Guide. However, the Penn Method says to study your *** off until the end, and since this is what I've done for every medschool exam, it seems kind of natural to study until the last minute. So anyway, I'd like to get some of your opinions on the matter.

Members don't see this ad.

I did my usual routine in the morning (USMLE World questions, reviewing the answers, and some review from FA), then took the afternoon and evening off. What you don't want to do is sleep in the day before, end up staying up late the night before, then be tired on test day. You also don't want to be up all night studying, of course. I recommend doing something active that will get your mind off the exam if you do decide to take the day or part of it off -- you don't want to just sit around worrying.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can this should really be up to you and how you feel. If taking the day off is too nerve racking for you, I would find something to go over that might be high-yield. My plan was to take the whole day off but I ended up reviewing stuff till around 7 pm then I ran errands to stay busy and watched a movie before hitting the sack. Do whatever is going to be most calming for you

It is like the olympics; do a light workout to stay loose without burning any real energy.